Train GraphicClick on the map to explore geographics

I need help
FAQ
Emergency
About .
Travel & transport from BBC stories as at 15:35 28 Mar 2024
- Man held over stabbing in front of train passengers
- How do I renew my UK passport and what is the 10-year rule?
- Jet2 launches first flight from Liverpool airport
- Easter travel warning as millions set to hit roads
Read about the forum [here].
Register [here] - it's free.
What do I gain from registering? [here]
 02/06/24 - Summer Timetable starts
17/08/24 - Bus to Imber
27/09/25 - 200 years of passenger trains

On this day
28th Mar (1988)
Formal end to carrying coffins by BR (link)

Train RunningCancelled
13:26 Weston-Super-Mare to London Paddington
13:28 Weymouth to Gloucester
15:10 Newquay to Par
15:14 Swindon to Westbury
15:16 London Paddington to Cardiff Central
15:30 Bristol Temple Meads to London Paddington
16:04 Bristol Temple Meads to Filton Abbey Wood
16:51 Filton Abbey Wood to Bristol Temple Meads
17:54 Cardiff Central to London Paddington
17:57 London Paddington to Worcester Foregate Street
19:33 London Paddington to Worcester Shrub Hill
20:56 Worcester Foregate Street to London Paddington
Short Run
11:23 Portsmouth Harbour to Cardiff Central
12:03 London Paddington to Penzance
12:30 Cardiff Central to Portsmouth Harbour
13:03 London Paddington to Plymouth
13:10 Gloucester to Weymouth
14:05 Salisbury to Bristol Temple Meads
15:10 Gloucester to Weymouth
15:23 Portsmouth Harbour to Cardiff Central
15:30 Cardiff Central to Portsmouth Harbour
16:19 Carmarthen to London Paddington
16:23 Portsmouth Harbour to Cardiff Central
16:54 Cardiff Central to London Paddington
Delayed
10:04 London Paddington to Penzance
13:59 Cardiff Central to Penzance
14:30 Cardiff Central to Portsmouth Harbour
17:04 Bristol Temple Meads to Filton Abbey Wood
17:51 Filton Abbey Wood to Bristol Temple Meads
PollsOpen and recent polls
Closed 2024-03-25 Easter Escape - to where?
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
March 28, 2024, 15:38:02 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[142] West Wiltshire Bus Changes April 2024
[80] would you like your own LIVE train station departure board?
[56] Return of the BRUTE?
[46] If not HS2 to Manchester, how will traffic be carried?
[43] Infrastructure problems in Thames Valley causing disruption el...
[34] Reversing Beeching - bring heritage and freight lines into the...

News: A forum for passengers ... with input from rail professionals welcomed too

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Some Site Statistics  (Read 88868 times)
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #75 on: January 01, 2019, 08:22:22 »

Posts in 2016 - 18,007. Posts in 2017 - 22,300.  Posts in 2018 - 27.079.
Rise on year to December 2017 - 23.8%.
Rise on year to December 2018 - 21.4%.

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2019, 08:38:44 »

In answer to a suggestion that "it's always the same dozen people who post" I have taken a look back to the start of this year ... yes, just 9 and a bit days ... to reveal

217 different users have been logged in (*) . 84 of them have posted - 582 messages in total so far.

In the last 12 months, 267 different users have posted.

Edit to add ...
(*) - that's users logged in - there have been around 1,500 visitors if you count guests as well as logged in members.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 08:51:43 by grahame » Logged

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
TonyK
Global Moderator

The artist formerly known as Four Track, Now!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2019, 22:00:41 »

I don't know if I am typical, but I "lurked" for quite a while before making my first tentative post. I would look forward to seeing some of those visitors making the same quantum leap this year.

Now, please!
eXPassenger
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2019, 09:45:28 »

I don't know if I am typical, but I "lurked" for quite a while before making my first tentative post. I would look forward to seeing some of those visitors making the same quantum leap this year.

Same here.  I lurked to understand the culture and operation of the board.  I only joined when I felt I could contribute positively to the discussion.
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2019, 10:01:22 »

Same here.  I lurked to understand the culture and operation of the board.  I only joined when I felt I could contribute positively to the discussion.

Gentlemen, the admin / moderator team appreciates your natural British reserve ... and there have been many others who have signed up and left their virgin post to months or years later.    However, we are a forum for passengers, passengers have questions and really should not be put off posting ... some of the more basic questions, indeed, are the lifeblood of the forum and it's great to have hooks onto which the more-experienced can hang answers.  I strongly encourage newcomers to join and post - just don't flood/spam us with 400 posts in 2 months!

http://www.firstgreatwestern.info/better/day6.html

grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2019, 06:21:56 »

February posts dipped below 2,000 ... first time in.year. "Just" 1896 posts.  But then it was the busiest February since 2014 ... and February 2014 was the month that the Dawlish Sea Wall got washed out (was that really five years ago?).  February is also a short month - posts per day average up from 65 per day in January to 68 per day in February, with a whole background of no major weather problems or announcements.

I don't have (easy to access) stats - but noting (and big welcome) to new members last month - more I think than in a typical month.  We never have a flood of people joining, and value each and every one of you.  Double plus welcome to those who have posted for the first time too.

grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2019, 01:35:56 »

Some stats work I have been doing ... on visits to the Coffee Shop

Left hand diagram shows (solid line) sessions over a 2 week period in May leading up to and after Community Rail in the City.  Dashed line is same 2 week period in April.  Easy to draw spurious conclusions ... April dip in the second week was due to a small event called Easter, and I have no doubt that part of the reason for the rise second week in May was to do with the final 4 HSTs (High Speed Train) in regular service off Paddington.

Top right diagram shows visits per hour yesterday

Maps show UK (United Kingdom) location of visitors yesterday (blue spotted diagram on left) and for the last 4 weeks (green spotted diagram on right).  I was going to use just the 4 week diagram, but there was so much data on there it was a flooded page so I thinned it out to just a typical day; nothing special about yesterday that I'm aware of for that diagram or the one above.

If you load the image above into a separate window / tab, you'll see it a little bigger. For download purposes I've used a .jpg and being a diagram rather that a picture, it remains a low bandwidth item!

SandTEngineer

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2019, 10:11:59 »

Nice to see there are big blue and green dots over my house..... Grin Wink
TonyK
Global Moderator

The artist formerly known as Four Track, Now!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2019, 21:44:32 »

Nice to see there are big blue and green dots over my house..... Grin Wink

#MeToo!

Now, please!
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2019, 07:11:58 »

Post numbers have dipped in June to 1978 - slightly below the 2,000 level which is what I treat as a very loose target.  Having said which, June is typically a quiet month for posts. The numbers are up on last year (1852 posts), on 2017 (just 1334 posts that June) and 2016 (1348 posts) ...

grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2019, 06:57:15 »

Off the routine monthly cycle of quoting a few server stats, here are some mid-month graphs. Spotting some characteristics that are a little different, I spent the last couple of hours taking a look; sharing some of the graphs

« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 07:08:29 by grahame » Logged

Reginald25
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2019, 07:17:37 »

most online 845 at 3 in the morning today?
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2019, 07:25:05 »

most online 845 at 3 in the morning today?

Indeed - that unusual happening was what brought me along to have a look!

bobm
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 17, 2019, 07:30:34 »

Well that has broken a long standing record.

Incidentally who programmed the software to show the time as 03:26:53 am  Smiley
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #89 on: August 17, 2019, 07:42:42 »

Well that has broken a long standing record.

Incidentally who programmed the software to show the time as 03:26:53 am  Smiley

I'm analysing ... looks like a lot of Google references from China, and not to any specific page.   Keeping an eye on it ... even as I write, still around 750 "users" where previous record was 488.   Expect to see a glitch in site stats tomorrow.

Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
  Print  

Jump to: