Train GraphicClick on the map to explore geographics

I need help
FAQ
Emergency
About .
Travel & transport from BBC stories as at 19:35 28 Mar 2024
* Easter getaways hit by travel disruption
- How do I renew my UK passport and what is the 10-year rule?
- Passengers pleaded with knifeman during attack
- Family anger at sentence on fatal crash driver, 19
- Easter travel warning as millions set to hit roads
Read about the forum [here].
Register [here] - it's free.
What do I gain from registering? [here]
 02/06/24 - Summer Timetable starts
17/08/24 - Bus to Imber
27/09/25 - 200 years of passenger trains

On this day
28th Mar (1988)
Formal end to carrying coffins by BR (link)

Train RunningCancelled
17:54 Cardiff Central to London Paddington
17:57 London Paddington to Worcester Foregate Street
18:03 London Paddington to Penzance
18:08 London Paddington to Frome
18:36 London Paddington to Plymouth
19:23 Reading to Gatwick Airport
19:24 Newbury to Bedwyn
19:33 London Paddington to Worcester Shrub Hill
19:35 Exeter St Davids to London Paddington
19:55 Bedwyn to Newbury
20:03 London Paddington to Plymouth
20:13 Swindon to Westbury
20:16 Frome to Westbury
20:49 Newbury to Bedwyn
20:56 Worcester Foregate Street to London Paddington
21:16 Bedwyn to Newbury
21:53 Newbury to Bedwyn
22:25 Bedwyn to Newbury
22:47 Newbury to Bedwyn
Short Run
15:03 London Paddington to Penzance
16:19 Carmarthen to London Paddington
16:23 Portsmouth Harbour to Cardiff Central
16:35 London Paddington to Plymouth
16:50 Plymouth to London Paddington
17:03 London Paddington to Penzance
17:30 London Paddington to Taunton
17:36 London Paddington to Plymouth
17:50 Gloucester to Salisbury
17:59 Gatwick Airport to Reading
18:19 Reading to Gatwick Airport
18:29 Gatwick Airport to Reading
18:54 Reading to Gatwick Airport
18:59 Gatwick Airport to Reading
19:04 Paignton to London Paddington
19:06 London Paddington to Bedwyn
19:13 Salisbury to Bristol Temple Meads
19:29 Gatwick Airport to Reading
20:42 Bedwyn to London Paddington
21:04 London Paddington to Plymouth
Delayed
13:59 Cardiff Central to Penzance
14:15 Penzance to London Paddington
16:03 London Paddington to Penzance
16:15 Penzance to London Paddington
Additional 17:17 Exeter St Davids to Penzance
Additional 17:26 Castle Cary to Penzance
19:04 London Paddington to Plymouth
19:59 Gatwick Airport to Reading
23:04 Reading to Bedwyn
PollsOpen and recent polls
Closed 2024-03-25 Easter Escape - to where?
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
March 28, 2024, 19:39:01 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[133] West Wiltshire Bus Changes April 2024
[132] would you like your own LIVE train station departure board?
[53] Return of the BRUTE?
[44] If not HS2 to Manchester, how will traffic be carried?
[41] Infrastructure problems in Thames Valley causing disruption el...
[32] Reversing Beeching - bring heritage and freight lines into the...

News: A forum for passengers ... with input from rail professionals welcomed too

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 60
  Print  
Author Topic: Bristol Temple Meads Station redevelopment  (Read 394947 times)
infoman

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: July 30, 2021, 05:35:23 »

Its a great picture,could it just be made smaller?
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #736 on: July 30, 2021, 06:01:47 »

I have mirrored the image on our server and it's now resized in the original post.   Original image metrics (high pixel count but low file size) on an attachment hit a known limit on our server's capacity which prevented an automatic resize; we have looked into this before and the pragmatic fit on the very rare occasions it happens is for me to mirror.

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
johnneyw
Transport Scholar

From station to station, back to Bristol city....

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: July 30, 2021, 09:28:55 »

I have mirrored the image on our server and it's now resized in the original post.   Original image metrics (high pixel count but low file size) on an attachment hit a known limit on our server's capacity which prevented an automatic resize; we have looked into this before and the pragmatic fit on the very rare occasions it happens is for me to mirror.

Oops, "my bad" is, I believe, the term used here in modern parlance.  Hope the picture was worth all the bother but I thought it was worth recording the slightly counter intuitive situation with the removal of a roof canopy in order to assist with the building of a tunnel.
Red Squirrel
Administrator

There are some who call me... Tim

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: July 30, 2021, 12:04:00 »

Oops, "my bad" is, I believe, the term used here in modern parlance.  Hope the picture was worth all the bother but I thought it was worth recording the slightly counter intuitive situation with the removal of a roof canopy in order to assist with the building of a tunnel.

Thanks, johnneyw and grahame.

I had hoped go to Temple Meads and take some pictures myself, but someone seems to have ripped up the track between here and there... most inconsiderate!

Things take longer to happen than you think they will, and then they happen faster than you thought they could.
TonyK
Global Moderator

The artist formerly known as Four Track, Now!

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: July 30, 2021, 20:20:56 »

Looks like CrossCountry sneak around the works, reversing from East Bristol depot.

Now, please!
DaveHarries

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: August 02, 2021, 22:35:25 »

Looks like CrossCountry sneak around the works, reversing from East Bristol depot.
Indeed. I managed to photo a couple of XC (Cross Country Trains (franchise)) trains taking the curve the other week as it is usually a rare sight.

On another thought I know that buses have been replacing all trains Severn Beach to Lawrence Hill / Bristol Temple Meads on Sundays and on some of those Sundays there have been line blocks taken sometimes up to Filton Abbey Wood and / or Severn Beach, presumably for other work to be done but anyone know for sure?

Cheers,
Dave
johnneyw
Transport Scholar

From station to station, back to Bristol city....

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: August 12, 2021, 19:26:20 »

Network Rail's Bristol East project has reached the halfway stage according to this BBC» (British Broadcasting Corporation - home page) report:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-58188524.amp

Another report on my news feed adds that the project is on time and on budget, something you don't hear every day...and not just in the railway industry.
Timmer
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: August 13, 2021, 15:58:13 »

The line between Bristol Temple Meads and Bristol Parkway will NOT be reopened as planned tomorrow. Buses will continue to replace trains east of Bristol Temple Meads:
https://www.gwr.com/travel-information/travel-updates/live-network-updates/disruption-information

Changes to train services in Bristol area

While upgrade work continues in the Bristol area there will be changes to train services on Saturday 14 August. Please note that online journey planners are still being updated and will not reflect the changes that are being made. We are sorry if you are affected by these changes.

Buses will continue to replace train services between Bristol Temple Meads and Bristol Parkway and stations along the Severn Beach line. This will be in addition to the Rail Replacement Service already operating between Bristol Temple Meads, Keynsham, Oldfield Park and Bath Spa.

Trains will be operating as follows:

An hourly service between Taunton and Bristol Temple Meads
An hourly service between Weston-super-Mare and Bristol Temple Meads
High Speed Services from London Paddington will continue to terminate at Bath Spa
Trains between Cardiff Centre and Portsmouth Harbour will continue to be diverted and will NOT call at Bristol Temple Meads
CrossCountry services from Plymouth will terminate at either Taunton or Bristol Temple Meads for Rail Replacement Services for onward travel.

CrossCountry services from the North will terminate at Bristol Parkway for Rail Replacement Service for onward travel.

If you are affected by these changes with tickets for travel on Saturday 14 August your tickets will be valid for travel on Sunday 15 August and Monday 16 August. Alternatively you can get a full refund.

For customers travelling on Sunday 15 August please check your journey before you travel.

Where rail replacement services are running, customers with a valid rail ticket can also travel on First West of England Buses instead from Saturday 10 July to Friday 3 September.
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #743 on: August 14, 2021, 06:26:27 »

The line between Bristol Temple Meads and Bristol Parkway will NOT be reopened as planned tomorrow. Buses will continue to replace trains east of Bristol Temple Meads:
https://www.gwr.com/travel-information/travel-updates/live-network-updates/disruption-information

Bump.

150 trains showing as cancelled or short running ... Please check before you travel anywhere near the Bristol area.

Overrunning engineering works bring a continuation of the changes we've seen thus week, but with that added complexity that it's short term planning stuff - no luxury of time ahead to work it out.  Sympathy with GWR (Great Western Railway) and XC (Cross Country Trains (franchise)) ... and with passengers with travel plans disrupted.

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
froome
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #744 on: August 14, 2021, 08:01:37 »

I'm completely confused about what is happening on the local services between Bristol and Bath today. The disruption notice suggests that buses will continue to replace train services, but the station tracker for Oldfield Park this morning has been showing all trains running apart from one cancellation. My partner was due to get the first train of the day eastwards from Oldfield Park. I warned her about the late changes as suggested by the disruption notice, but we also saw the station tracker, and she got the 0554 train at Oldfield Park without any trouble. So what is happening?
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #745 on: August 14, 2021, 08:17:15 »

I'm completely confused about what is happening on the local services between Bristol and Bath today. The disruption notice suggests that buses will continue to replace train services, but the station tracker for Oldfield Park this morning has been showing all trains running apart from one cancellation. My partner was due to get the first train of the day eastwards from Oldfield Park. I warned her about the late changes as suggested by the disruption notice, but we also saw the station tracker, and she got the 0554 train at Oldfield Park without any trouble. So what is happening?

05:54 showing as a Keynsham starter (to Portsmouth Harbour)

BRI» (Bristol Temple Meads - next trains) itself closed apart from southbound from the platforms way outside the main building, trains running around the Rhubarb. 

Timmer
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: August 15, 2021, 07:00:27 »

Sadly the overrun continues:

https://www.journeycheck.com/greatwesternrailway/

Due to engineering works not being finished on time at Bristol Temple Meads all lines are disrupted. Disruption is expected until the end of the day.

Train services between Bristol Parkway and Bristol Temple Meads have been suspended.

Train services between Bristol Temple Meads and Severn Beach via Clifton Down and Avonmouth have been suspended.

Train services between Bristol Temple Meads and Swindon have been revised.

Train services between Bristol Temple Meads and Cardiff Central may be cancelled.

https://www.journeycheck.com/crosscountry/

Due to engineering works not being finished on time at Bristol Temple Meads some lines are closed.
Impact
Train services running through this station will be cancelled or diverted. Bristol Temple Meads will not be served. Disruption is expected until the end of the day.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 07:05:38 by Timmer » Logged
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #747 on: August 15, 2021, 07:59:57 »

Disruption is expected until the end of the day.

Does that give us a long stop and suggest it may be re-opened tomorrow morning, or am I reading too much into this?

Timmer
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: August 15, 2021, 08:17:33 »

Disruption is expected until the end of the day.

Does that give us a long stop and suggest it may be re-opened tomorrow morning, or am I reading too much into this?
It said that yesterday as well. Without knowing why the overrun, which is clearly something quite major, you can’t rule out it going into tomorrow.

To be honest, I was sort of expecting to wake up this morning to see it was going to affect services again.
Timmer
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: August 15, 2021, 09:25:30 »

Network Rail have issued a statement that it’s signalling that’s causing the problem.
https://twitter.com/networkrailwest/status/1426812625552293892?s=21

GWR (Great Western Railway) advising people in the Bristol area not to travel today:
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 60
  Print  

Jump to: