Train GraphicClick on the map to explore geographics

I need help
FAQ
Emergency
About .
Travel & transport from BBC stories as at 17:35 28 Mar 2024
- How do I renew my UK passport and what is the 10-year rule?
- Passengers pleaded with knifeman during attack
* Family anger at sentence on fatal crash driver, 19
- Easter travel warning as millions set to hit roads
Read about the forum [here].
Register [here] - it's free.
What do I gain from registering? [here]
 02/06/24 - Summer Timetable starts
17/08/24 - Bus to Imber
27/09/25 - 200 years of passenger trains

On this day
28th Mar (1917)
Bideford, Westward Ho! and Appledore closed (link)

Train RunningCancelled
16:54 Cardiff Central to London Paddington
17:54 Cardiff Central to London Paddington
17:57 London Paddington to Worcester Foregate Street
18:37 Westbury to Swindon
19:33 London Paddington to Worcester Shrub Hill
20:13 Swindon to Westbury
20:56 Worcester Foregate Street to London Paddington
Short Run
14:49 Plymouth to Cardiff Central
15:10 Gloucester to Weymouth
15:15 Plymouth to London Paddington
15:23 Portsmouth Harbour to Cardiff Central
15:30 Cardiff Central to Portsmouth Harbour
15:42 Exeter St Davids to London Paddington
16:19 Carmarthen to London Paddington
16:23 Portsmouth Harbour to Cardiff Central
16:35 London Paddington to Plymouth
16:50 Plymouth to London Paddington
17:03 London Paddington to Penzance
17:30 London Paddington to Taunton
17:36 Swindon to Westbury
Delayed
12:15 Penzance to London Paddington
13:59 Cardiff Central to Penzance
14:15 Penzance to London Paddington
14:30 Cardiff Central to Portsmouth Harbour
14:36 London Paddington to Paignton
15:03 London Paddington to Penzance
16:03 London Paddington to Penzance
Additional 17:17 Exeter St Davids to Penzance
PollsOpen and recent polls
Closed 2024-03-25 Easter Escape - to where?
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
March 28, 2024, 17:50:12 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[133] West Wiltshire Bus Changes April 2024
[132] would you like your own LIVE train station departure board?
[53] Return of the BRUTE?
[44] If not HS2 to Manchester, how will traffic be carried?
[41] Infrastructure problems in Thames Valley causing disruption el...
[32] Reversing Beeching - bring heritage and freight lines into the...

News: the Great Western Coffee Shop ... keeping you up to date with travel around the South West

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: Four track for Filton Bank - ongoing discussion  (Read 335687 times)
Dispatch Box

View Profile
« Reply #900 on: November 19, 2018, 13:35:35 »

Wondering if they are overriding ARS (Automatic Route Setting) more today...

The 1V17 MAN to BRI» (Bristol Temple Meads - next trains) was late running at BPW» (Bristol Parkway - next trains) and got switched straight from P2 to P1 to overtake a PAD» (Paddington (London) - next trains) to SWA» (Swansea - next trains) service due to follow in P2

Never seen them do that before without them having to wait a while first

This is all well and good, But cannot see it on Opentraintimes as they are longwinded getting the map working, Its all gone to cock!, Signals not working in correct sequence.
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #901 on: November 19, 2018, 13:37:01 »

...and becomes, if I'm reading it right, our first CFN (Clifton Down station) turnback of the new regime...

Why are they turning Chris from Nailsea back?  As honest as midsummer day is long ... I can't imagine him being turned back from anything.

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
metalrail

View Profile
« Reply #902 on: November 19, 2018, 13:38:45 »

The 1V17 MAN to BRI» (Bristol Temple Meads - next trains) was late running at BPW» (Bristol Parkway - next trains) and got switched straight from P2 to P1 to overtake a PAD» (Paddington (London) - next trains) to SWA» (Swansea - next trains) service due to follow in P2

This is all well and good, But cannot see it on Opentraintimes as they are longwinded getting the map working, Its all gone to cock!, Signals not working in correct sequence.

Check Bristolian's post about using Trackit on previous page...  all updated and working a treat compared to OpenTrain

Oh for the day when I can catch a train from Mangotsfield to the Centre, Bath and Yate!  ;-)
Dispatch Box

View Profile
« Reply #903 on: November 19, 2018, 13:48:15 »

Check Bristolian's post about using Trackit on previous page...  all updated and working a treat compared to OpenTrain

I Have just looked at that, but does not show signal aspects.
metalrail

View Profile
« Reply #904 on: November 19, 2018, 13:51:42 »

Think they all need a bit of time to catch up

Main thing is the service itself is running and already improving service from the start

Oh for the day when I can catch a train from Mangotsfield to the Centre, Bath and Yate!  ;-)
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #905 on: November 19, 2018, 14:08:12 »

Think they all need a bit of time to catch up

Main thing is the service itself is running and already improving service from the start

I have a huge sympathy for the providers of free web sites and data (especially those who are not a part of the commercial rail industry) when the underlying data changes - especially in those circumstances where they have to wait and see what the systems throw at them when something goes live / data is released in a new format.    Been there - and I know there's another data handling rush for me on 11th December when the ORR» (Office of Rail and Road formerly Office of Rail Regulation - about) station stats come out and we have to take a look at what format they've chosen this year, and what data is in which column to add to our databases!

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
Red Squirrel
Administrator

There are some who call me... Tim

View Profile
« Reply #906 on: November 19, 2018, 14:27:46 »

'Beach line looks to be back to normal; looks like it was a ripple from the problem metalrail described.

Things take longer to happen than you think they will, and then they happen faster than you thought they could.
johnneyw
Transport Scholar

From station to station, back to Bristol city....

View Profile
« Reply #907 on: November 19, 2018, 15:45:11 »

'Beach line looks to be back to normal; looks like it was a ripple from the problem metalrail described.

Caught my 14.34 Temple Meads to Redland okay but I think the 14.03 may not have run.
metalrail

View Profile
« Reply #908 on: November 19, 2018, 16:32:39 »

Not sure if it's a signalling issue, but for the past hour or so there's been delays on the Up Main from just south of FIT on to BPW» (Bristol Parkway - next trains)

Trains running up the bank and then getting stuck behind each other for around 10 minutes before they eventually proceed onto BPW

1M93 to MAN the latest casualty...  left BRI» (Bristol Temple Meads - next trains) 1 minute late, just been stuck for 23 minutes   Sad

Up Main and both relief's seem to be ok tho

metalrail

View Profile
« Reply #909 on: November 19, 2018, 16:44:06 »

Looks like things on the move again...  phew!

Don't want the press getting hold of any teething problems on the first day, cos teething problems is what they are!   Smiley

Red Squirrel
Administrator

There are some who call me... Tim

View Profile
« Reply #910 on: November 19, 2018, 17:27:07 »

Possibly not what people had in mind when they asked for more pictures, but here's what today meant to me.

First is Clifton Down, getting back to its busy self;
Second: School run completed, stress-free, for the first time in weeks!
Finally: Pity they couldn't have done something about this while they were at it...

Things take longer to happen than you think they will, and then they happen faster than you thought they could.
Adelante_CCT
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #911 on: November 19, 2018, 19:04:16 »

Caught my 14.34 Temple Meads to Redland okay but I think the 14.03 may not have run.

The 14:03 did run
johnneyw
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #912 on: November 19, 2018, 19:08:03 »

Passing through Stapleton Road station today, although the main line side of the island platform is still a bit of a mess, it looks like the platform wall has been rebuilt and edging slabs are being laid by the track. In short, it's at least looking like a regular platform there. Now, I know that there are no plans for a third platform at the station but what seems to be going on there looks to be at the very top end of what you could describe as passive future provision.
Dispatch Box

View Profile
« Reply #913 on: November 19, 2018, 19:11:08 »

Just watched 1M69 go up relief from Bristol and down over points into Plat 2 at Filton.
johnneyw
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #914 on: November 19, 2018, 19:17:41 »

Ah, the reason I doubted that it was running was that I jumped on an earlier Temple Meads to Parkway service and broke the journey at Lawrence Hill to do a quick shop at Lidl before taking the Beach Line home.  Checking the platform departures info point, the 14.03 was not showing.

The 14:03 did run
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: