Train GraphicClick on the map to explore geographics

I need help
FAQ
Emergency
About .
Travel & transport from BBC stories as at 17:35 28 Mar 2024
- How do I renew my UK passport and what is the 10-year rule?
- Passengers pleaded with knifeman during attack
* Family anger at sentence on fatal crash driver, 19
- Easter travel warning as millions set to hit roads
Read about the forum [here].
Register [here] - it's free.
What do I gain from registering? [here]
 02/06/24 - Summer Timetable starts
17/08/24 - Bus to Imber
27/09/25 - 200 years of passenger trains

On this day
28th Mar (1992)
MOD Kineton tour, branch line society (*)

Train RunningCancelled
16:54 Cardiff Central to London Paddington
17:54 Cardiff Central to London Paddington
17:57 London Paddington to Worcester Foregate Street
18:37 Westbury to Swindon
19:33 London Paddington to Worcester Shrub Hill
20:13 Swindon to Westbury
20:56 Worcester Foregate Street to London Paddington
Short Run
14:49 Plymouth to Cardiff Central
15:10 Gloucester to Weymouth
15:15 Plymouth to London Paddington
15:23 Portsmouth Harbour to Cardiff Central
15:30 Cardiff Central to Portsmouth Harbour
15:42 Exeter St Davids to London Paddington
16:00 London Paddington to Bristol Temple Meads
16:19 Carmarthen to London Paddington
16:23 Portsmouth Harbour to Cardiff Central
16:35 London Paddington to Plymouth
16:50 Plymouth to London Paddington
17:03 London Paddington to Penzance
17:30 London Paddington to Taunton
17:36 Swindon to Westbury
Delayed
12:15 Penzance to London Paddington
13:59 Cardiff Central to Penzance
14:15 Penzance to London Paddington
14:30 Cardiff Central to Portsmouth Harbour
14:36 London Paddington to Paignton
15:03 London Paddington to Penzance
16:03 London Paddington to Penzance
Additional 17:17 Exeter St Davids to Penzance
PollsOpen and recent polls
Closed 2024-03-25 Easter Escape - to where?
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
March 28, 2024, 17:46:03 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[133] West Wiltshire Bus Changes April 2024
[132] would you like your own LIVE train station departure board?
[53] Return of the BRUTE?
[44] If not HS2 to Manchester, how will traffic be carried?
[41] Infrastructure problems in Thames Valley causing disruption el...
[32] Reversing Beeching - bring heritage and freight lines into the...

News: the Great Western Coffee Shop ... keeping you up to date with travel around the South West

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: Four track for Filton Bank - ongoing discussion  (Read 335686 times)
TonyK
Global Moderator

The artist formerly known as Four Track, Now!

View Profile
« Reply #1050 on: December 07, 2018, 13:00:16 »

Still haven't had chance to ride down it yet, Too busy and constantly feeling cold, Has anyone got an idea, as to when Ashley Hill is likely to be built?.

It's on the "urgent" list, so probably about 50 years time.

Crikey! I may never see it then?.

Hopefully, I will be proved wrong!

Now, please!
Dispatch Box

View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: December 07, 2018, 13:12:46 »

Still haven't had chance to ride down it yet, Too busy and constantly feeling cold, Has anyone got an idea, as to when Ashley Hill is likely to be built?.

It's on the "urgent" list, so probably about 50 years time.

Crikey! I may never see it then?.

Hopefully, I will be proved wrong!

I suppose it is down to Bristol City Council, who would probaby put in some money to NR» (Network Rail - home page).

« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 11:57:54 by Dispatch Box » Logged
Dispatch Box

View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: December 09, 2018, 12:06:22 »

Filton bank and Bristol parkway seems closed again, How dare they do that on my Birthday. There is a signal number in Gloucester station with my age on, G??.

I Think it would be nice if we could have a thread on the Gloucester eastgate station, Maybe some members on here would have old pictures.

It closed on the 1st of December 1975 to the disscust of the city, so I was told by John.
Western Pathfinder
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: December 09, 2018, 13:41:18 »

Filton bank and Bristol parkway seems closed again, How dare they do that on my Birthday. There is a signal number in Gloucester station with my age on, G??.

I Think it would be nice if we could have a thread on the Gloucester eastgate station, Maybe some members on here would have old pictures.

It closed on the 1st of December 1975 to the disscust of the city, so I was told by John.

Happy 54th Birthday DB» (Deutsche Bahn - German State Railway - about).
Dispatch Box

View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: December 09, 2018, 14:31:38 »

How did you pick that number, there are other numbers, G58 and G35 also.
TonyK
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: December 09, 2018, 14:45:10 »

Many happy off-peak returns!

Now, please!
CMRail
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: December 09, 2018, 17:16:11 »

Happy birthday DB» (Deutsche Bahn - German State Railway - about), you can always go to the beautiful Gloucester City Centre to eat  Wink Grin
Western Pathfinder
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: December 09, 2018, 23:20:41 »

I picked it because it was the correct one 😁
TonyK
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: December 10, 2018, 00:38:49 »

where is G103?

Now, please!
Lee
Transport Scholar

GBR - The Emperor's New Rail Network

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1059 on: December 10, 2018, 01:37:20 »

where is G103?

Oh goody, another round of Only Connect  Grin

Vous devez ĂȘtre impitoyable, parce que ces gens sont des salauds - https://looka.com/s/78722877
Dispatch Box

View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: December 10, 2018, 11:35:14 »

where is G103?

There is,nt a G103, But there is a GA103 At Alstone crossing, Set by Gloucester panel, then released by Alstone crossing box.

G54 is the plat 1 down starter, usually shows amber for trains into plat 2.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 11:55:45 by Dispatch Box » Logged
Dispatch Box

View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: December 13, 2018, 12:47:30 »

Where is everyone, Seem to of have Disowned the Filton bank. I Am still waiting to travel down to see it. Waiting for Bristol parkway to be electrified.
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1062 on: December 13, 2018, 12:53:36 »

Where is everyone

Well - my nearest station at the moment is Waterbeach

Seem to of have Disowned the Filton bank. I Am still waiting to travel down to see it. Waiting for Bristol parkway to be electrified.

Posts here and elsewhere ebb and flow in sync with significant things going on or not and we're now in the wind down towards Christmas. Rail and public transport meetings are fewer for a few weeks ... train cancellations seem to be down.  Campaign for 6 tracks on Filton Bank not due to start until February  Grin

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
Dispatch Box

View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: December 13, 2018, 13:23:34 »

Where is everyone

Seem to of have Disowned the Filton bank. I Am still waiting to travel down to see it. Waiting for Bristol parkway to be electrified.

Posts here and elsewhere ebb and flow in sync with significant things going on or not and we're now in the wind down towards Christmas. Rail and public transport meetings are fewer for a few weeks ... train cancellations seem to be down.  Campaign for 6 tracks on Filton Bank not due to start until February  Grin

Gosh! Do we need six tracks now?. Just got the other two, I feel its time Network Rail had something else to spend money on, I think Gloucester and Cheltenham should be next, some of our tracks are dreadful, also the points are on their last motors, as they are so old. And this year some have been failing, delaying trains.Also the East junction at BTM (Bristol Temple Meads (strictly, it should be BRI)) Is about to be done, When resignalled they did not change the points or signals, but rewired new cables to the old ones. So a job waiting, I Read somewhere on NR» (Network Rail - home page) Website that it was being done on the 25th and 26th,Christmas and boxing days), Also some change to Westbury which I assume is for an additional platform and two tracking the line through Melksham. I Can see there being a riveting thread on that one, the cameras will be back out!. Lets live in hope, Look forward to 2019.

DEC 24TH, Another failed last night, many trains got cancelled at last minute.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 12:54:35 by Dispatch Box » Logged
Dispatch Box

View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: December 13, 2018, 13:25:58 »

Where is everyone

Sad to say, Christmas is just another normal day to me, Just cook dinner as usual.
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: