What do I gain from registering? [here]
 02/06/24 - Summer Timetable starts
17/08/24 - Bus to Imber
27/09/25 - 200 years of passenger trains

No 'On This Day' events reported for 25th Apr

Train RunningShort Run
06:40 Penzance to Cardiff Central
Delayed
An additional train service has been planned to operate as shown 08:49 Plymouth to Cardiff Central
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 25, 2024, 09:51:24 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[127] Lack of rolling stock due to attacks on shipping in the Red Se...
[109] Labour to nationalise railways within five years of coming to ...
[82] Theft from Severn Valley Railway
[46] Where have I been?
[45] 2024 - Service update and amendment log, Swindon <-> Westbury...
[38] Death of another bus station?

News: the Great Western Coffee Shop ... keeping you up to date with travel around the South West

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Celeb spotting/photting on the rail network.  (Read 56335 times)
thetrout

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2013, 20:01:56 »

I've met a few on trains over the years.

Trevor Eve was probably the most memorable as he was a smashing chap to chat too. Funnily enough I didn't at first realise who he was despite me really liking his character in Waking the Dead.

Often seen some of the actors from BBC» (British Broadcasting Corporation - home page) Casualty in First Class on BRI» (Bristol Temple Meads - next trains) - PAD» (Paddington (London) - next trains) Trains. Had a seat booked opposite Jane Hazlegrove in Coach H who played the role of Paramedic Dixie. That was so long ago, it was a Coach H which still had IC80 Seats. Ironically she'd just moved on some teenagers out of 1ST who had 'celeb spotted' her. I remember she was about to turn her attention to me before spotting my ticket on the table... Good decision Grin

I have also been in the same 1ST Compartment as Pixie Lott and her bully boy security team entourage.  They did not take at all kindly to me quoting to them the National Rail Conditions of Carriage... Grin I had a First Class ticket on a Brighton - London Victoria service made up of a single Class 442 (Short Formed). I made it clear in no uncertain terms that I was going to be sitting in the class of accommodation I had paid for and they were more than within their rights to call BTP (British Transport Police) and waste their time if they didn't like it. BTP Boarded at East Croydon just by chance and BTP sided with me just by looking at my ticket. Oh and Southern refunded my ticket too... So I can't complain too much on that front Grin

I too have seen Jeremy Clarkson on FGW (First Great Western) Services.

My sister has also told me we were sat in the same carriage as one of the lads from boy band One Direction. I didn't believe her at the time. Having been forced to take her to see the film "1D This is us" I certainly believe her now... Grin

Finally, Some of the actors from TOWIE (The only way is Essex) in the London Euston First Class Lounge. That is a story for a different day though unless anyone wants to know! Tongue

Grin Grin Grin Grin
BerkshireBugsy

Berkshire Bugsy Jr

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2013, 20:14:05 »

My sister has also told me we were sat in the same carriage as one of the lads from boy band One Direction. I didn't believe her at the time. Having been forced to take her to see the film "1D This is us" I certainly believe her now... Grin

TT you wait until I tell my daughter Charlotte,14 , she will be emerald green with envy!
paul7575
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2013, 20:18:48 »

Trevor Eve was probably the most memorable as he was a smashing chap to chat too. Funnily enough I didn't at first realise who he was despite me really liking his character in Waking the Dead.

I trust he was keeping costs to a minimum, travelling on a shoestring budget...

Paul
BerkshireBugsy

Berkshire Bugsy Jr

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2013, 20:26:04 »

I trust he was keeping costs to a minimum, travelling on a shoestring budget...

Paul

Paul that deserves a groan (I'm failing to think of any more puns )
Puffing Billy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2013, 22:30:31 »

... one of the lads from boy band One Direction ...

He didn't have a return ticket, then?
Trowres
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2013, 22:32:59 »

A friend has a photograph on Facebook of herself sat next to Buzz Aldrin in First Class on a Cross Country Voyager.

Mr Aldrin should have been quite at home on a Voyager - see http://www.livescience.com/29182-what-is-the-vomit-comet.html
TonyK
Global Moderator

The artist formerly known as Four Track, Now!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2013, 22:43:47 »

I sat drinking with Michael Foot in the buffet at Temple Meads on a famous day in his life, a story I have told before and will not relate again. He was good company, and we did not discuss politics.

Now, please!
JayMac
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2013, 01:58:50 »

I will be meeting one of my heroes, again, next week. Dr Brian May CBE PhD FRAS.

Just saying. No railway link at all, save for having to catch the train to Bath to see him.  Tongue

"Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the rest of the day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Sir Terry Pratchett.
Cynthia

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2013, 21:58:03 »

No photo evidence, but Anne Diamond, Debbie Magee, Martin Keown and Jeremy Clarkson are regular travellers on the FGW (First Great Western) network.  Though not on the same train as that would be quite a combination!  Wink

Jeremy Clarkson travels on FGW?  I'm not sure I want to take up rail travel after all.  Can't stand the bloke. Sorry, all you Top Gear fans. Sad

Trying to break ones addiction to car travel is much harder than giving up ciggies!
thetrout

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2013, 14:04:58 »

Jeremy Clarkson travels on FGW (First Great Western)?  I'm not sure I want to take up rail travel after all.  Can't stand the bloke. Sorry, all you Top Gear fans. Sad

Personally I quite like the bloke, but I agree he can be very brash and offensive at times. No need to be sorry, we all have our different opinions Smiley

However if ANYONE could react to the following incident in the manor of which Mr Clarkson here does. Even if I despised them, they would have my respect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_p8AZzVmWI

* WARNING * If you have a drink in your hand, please put it down before watching Grin

Grin Grin Grin Grin
didcotdean
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2013, 15:20:24 »

Not many but over the years I have sat opposite or next to Gary Lineker, Ken Livingstone, William Franklyn, Ian Botham and David Icke.
Cynthia

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2013, 19:48:00 »

Sorry, haven't learned how to insert part of a quote yet, but I just wanted to add to my comment about Jeremy Clarkson.  Did anyone see him on The One Show when he was complaining about trains stopping 'just because someone's jumped in front of them'.  How terribly inconvenient for the poor man to be held up in Reading under such circumstances....

Really, are there no depths to which this odious man is prepared to sink?  Angry

Trying to break ones addiction to car travel is much harder than giving up ciggies!
TonyK
Global Moderator

The artist formerly known as Four Track, Now!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2013, 19:56:16 »

However if ANYONE could react to the following incident in the manor of which Mr Clarkson here does. Even if I despised them, they would have my respect.

No John Prescott, then.

Now, please!
Puffing Billy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2013, 20:05:47 »

I love the Clarkson clip. A great testament to the man's character, but a sad reflection on the intelligence of the middle-class pie-throwing "activist", who is too stupid to see the irony in choosing as the location for her stunt a city made great by the motor car industry before Red Robbo and his chums brought it to its knees.
JayMac
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2013, 20:10:56 »

It's quite likely that the Jeremy Clarkson we see on our TVs and read in the papers is a character created by Jeremy Clarkson.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 01:47:27 by bignosemac » Logged

"Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the rest of the day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Sir Terry Pratchett.
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: