Train GraphicClick on the map to explore geographics

I need help
FAQ
Emergency
About .
Travel & transport from BBC stories as at 16:35 28 Mar 2024
* Passengers pleaded with knifeman during attack
- How do I renew my UK passport and what is the 10-year rule?
- Jet2 launches first flight from Liverpool airport
- Easter travel warning as millions set to hit roads
Read about the forum [here].
Register [here] - it's free.
What do I gain from registering? [here]
 02/06/24 - Summer Timetable starts
17/08/24 - Bus to Imber
27/09/25 - 200 years of passenger trains

On this day
28th Mar (1992)
MOD Kineton tour, branch line society (*)

Train RunningCancelled
15:16 London Paddington to Cardiff Central
15:30 Bristol Temple Meads to London Paddington
16:51 Filton Abbey Wood to Bristol Temple Meads
16:54 Cardiff Central to London Paddington
17:04 Bristol Temple Meads to Filton Abbey Wood
17:51 Filton Abbey Wood to Bristol Temple Meads
17:54 Cardiff Central to London Paddington
17:57 London Paddington to Worcester Foregate Street
19:33 London Paddington to Worcester Shrub Hill
20:56 Worcester Foregate Street to London Paddington
Short Run
12:03 London Paddington to Penzance
13:28 Weymouth to Gloucester
13:30 Cardiff Central to Portsmouth Harbour
15:10 Gloucester to Weymouth
15:23 Portsmouth Harbour to Cardiff Central
15:30 Cardiff Central to Portsmouth Harbour
16:19 Carmarthen to London Paddington
16:23 Portsmouth Harbour to Cardiff Central
17:23 Portsmouth Harbour to Cardiff Central
Delayed
12:15 Penzance to London Paddington
13:55 Paignton to London Paddington
13:59 Cardiff Central to Penzance
14:30 Cardiff Central to Portsmouth Harbour
14:36 London Paddington to Paignton
PollsOpen and recent polls
Closed 2024-03-25 Easter Escape - to where?
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
March 28, 2024, 16:46:52 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[142] West Wiltshire Bus Changes April 2024
[80] would you like your own LIVE train station departure board?
[56] Return of the BRUTE?
[46] If not HS2 to Manchester, how will traffic be carried?
[43] Infrastructure problems in Thames Valley causing disruption el...
[34] Reversing Beeching - bring heritage and freight lines into the...

News: the Great Western Coffee Shop ... keeping you up to date with travel around the South West

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: Thames Valley signalling problems - big delays - July 2014  (Read 87479 times)
TaplowGreen
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: July 29, 2014, 10:03:09 »

I've been playing around with reformatting the Realtime Trains data for last Friday so as to show clearly what ran and what didn't.

Thanks very much for that, it seems to prove that no class 2 trains (i.e. stoppers) from PAD» (Paddington (London) - next trains) made it through to RDG(resolve) between 17.21 and 21.22 which tallies with my own research on RTT» (Real Time Trains - website) in looking at Down departures from MAI (Maidenhead station) and TWY (Twyford station). So dear FGW (First Great Western), how the blinkin' hell was I meant to get to TWY without using a taxi???

So what are the odds on this being a Void Day?

Last February we did get a week's refund on our season tickets because of the flooding even though it was an 'act of God'. Any hope of that sort of thing happening again this time I wonder?

In terms  of  a taxi I suspect you'll get the usual catch-all of "we're not responsible for consequential loss" and any question about how you were supposed to get home in the absence of trains/alternative arrangements will be greeted with cut and pasted rhetoric, I was in the same position trying to get from Reading-Taplow.
IndustryInsider
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 29, 2014, 10:45:42 »

I thought I'd add my thoughts to the debate, as despite not being directly involved in the disruption of the lightning strike, I've seen the same sort of thing happen many times before, though rarely on this scale.

Firstly, regarding comments about the number of staff at Paddington.  I too have noticed staff disappearing when things really are bad, but in some ways having loads of staff out and on the ground doesn't really help that much in terms of actually giving people information, though I absolutely take TaplowGreen's point about managers being able to assist with taxi sharing and direction to passengers, there is still a limited number of FGW (First Great Western) staff and managers actually based at Paddington, and I'm afraid the information systems simply aren't set up correctly.  The best way to communicate information to passengers is not to have loads of staff that haven't got a clue what's going on - would the 'Ribena' brigade even know what Temporary Block Working is and how it is likely to impact on the service?  The best way to communicate accurate, non-conflicting information is to use the information/departure screens which can be seen by potentially thousands at once and (backed up by announcements) be operated by a mimimal number of staff.  It seems that the whole set-up at Paddington in this regard is wholly inadequate.  Even in this case though it is incredibly difficult to keep the thousands of people informed and happy when the messages coming from NR» (Network Rail - home page)/FGW control are inaccurate.

Having the station swamped with staff giving inaccurate information is arguably worse than having no information at all, and that is where another of the next problem lies.  Paddington is so busy on a Friday evening, that if all the staff had been saying at 16:05 that NR planned to have Temporary Block Working in place at 17:00 and all the passengers had taken that in good faith and waited then come 17:00 the station becomes dangerously overcrowded.  Then it looks as if it was at least a further hour before TBW (Temporary Block Working) did actually commence during which time more passengers arrive.

For me there should be a NR/FGW task force set up RIGHT NOW to look into information which has representatives from Control, Duty Managers, Ops. Managers, Station staff, Drivers/Guards and everyone who has to deal with these incidents.  With the increasing number of passengers on the network set to continue, especially the surge we're likely to see on the GWML (Great Western Main Line) with the sparks effect of electrification and the opening of the Crossrail network, dealing with these incidents will only get harder and harder.

Turning to the alternatives, the usual advice of 'go via Waterloo' wasn't available because of their own issues, which leaves the unappetising option of totally overwhelming Marylebone, so no wonder many people were reluctant to leave the station.  Buses really aren't much of an option as there are not enough of them available to make even the slightest dent in the numbers of people waiting when a section of the GWML closes completely.  Come 2016, there will be a much more useful service from Marylebone in the form of the 30-minute frequency service to Oxford, but in an instance like this those trains (and Marylebone station) will be put under extreme strain, so I would suggest that FGW/Chiltern and NR seriously look at providing proper arrangements for having a diversionary route from Oxford via Bicester into Paddington as per the diversions we've seen during the Reading closures.  Bit too difficult to do at the moment on an ad-hoc basis with the reversal at Banbury leading to long journey times, but when Oxford is within reach of London via Bicester in an hour or so, then divert two of the services per hour (on Bristol and one Swandea) to that route.  Preferably 10-Car Bi-Mode IEPs (Intercity Express Program / Project.).

It will lead to problems with pathing, and it will lead to problems with resourcing crew for route knowledge.  The first could largely be solved by having an agreement with Chiltern to thin out a couple of their peak hour trains, so that the diverted services can run at a reasonable pace, this might actually be to their benefit as it will stop Marylebone getting so swamped with other TOC (Train Operating Company)'s passengers.  The crew knowledge would be a bit more difficult, but could be largely resolved by having a couple of late night/early morning services running that route to keep a pool of Oxford or Paddington drivers/TM(resolve)'s conversant with the route.

That would certainly be the best option for the passengers, but it will cost more, and need several organisations to agree to compromise, so I doubt it will ever happen and we will continue to have a catastrophic service meltdown every couple of months.

To view my GWML (Great Western Main Line) Electrification cab video 'before and after' video comparison, as well as other videos of the new layout at Reading and 'before and after' comparisons of the Cotswold Line Redoubling scheme, see: http://www.dailymotion.com/user/IndustryInsider/
Worcester_Passenger
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 29, 2014, 11:43:34 »

And for those who think that these things are handled better sur le continent...

Last month, our daughter was travelling on DB» (Deutsche Bahn - German State Railway - about)'s sleeper from Amsterdam to Zurich on Jun 16/17, aiming to reach Como in north Italy on the afternoon of the Tuesday 17th in time for a boat up the lake to Menaggio.

Alas, North-West Germany was hit by severe weather that night and all of the trains ground to a halt. Apparently the electricity supply north of Cologne had failed.

First thing that daughter knows of this is when she wakes up, to find that the train is stationary at Emmerich (first station over the border between the Netherlands and Germany). Evidently it has been sitting there for most of the night.

DB are faced with three particular problems with this train.

First is that they'd like to taxi everyone to Cologne (100-120km south) to continue their journeys. But (unlike a recent post describing FGW (First Great Western) at Exeter in the middle of the night) they haven't woken up the local taxi operators so all of this takes an incredible amount of time.

Second problem is that everyone would like something to drink (and preferably something to eat as well). Normally breakfast gets loaded on somewhere like Mannheim, far to the south, so the train crew haven't anything to offer ^ not even bottles of water. I can^t help but feel that FGW would have some supplies somewhere.

And thirdly, since this is an international train, it usually has automated multi-lingual announcements. Alas, not everyone understands the manual ones that are only being made in German.

Daughter eventually sets off in a taxi with a family group, including a 3-year-old. Alas, the severe weather has also affected the autobahn. The lightning has been so bad that many road users have sheltered in the tunnels and underpasses. The subsequent rain has flooded the tunnels and underpasses, which are now blocked by abandoned vehicles.

So they're inching along, listening to traffic reports on the radio. Daughter has limited German, but she does understand 'stau' (a traffic jam) and can understand a lot of numbers. Though she didn't believe the funf-und-zwanzig-kilometre stau (15 miles) and had to query it with the taxi driver and the family. At one stage they managed 4km in one hour.

The 3-year-old is intermittently fractious, probably because, like everybody else, they'd really like something to eat or drink.  North of Dusseldorf there^s an exit to the Airport, and the family decide that that makes sense for them. Daughter agrees ^ the S-Bahn might be a likelier bet.  There are two S-Bahn possibilities at Dusseldorf Airport. She gets sent from one to the other, but eventually ends up at Dusseldorf Hauptbahnhof.

It^s now late afternoon. There^s nothing on the displays (and I agree with the previous post that this is by far the best way of spreading good information). All the announcements are incomprehensible. The queue for the information desk takes an hour.  They tell her that nothing will move today and that DB have filled all the available hotels in Dusseldorf.  She^s recommended to go to Wuppertal on the S-Bahn and to get to Cologne in the morning.

Which she does. She arrives at Cologne and there^s a train saying ^Zurich^ in the next platform. It turns out to be running 75 minutes late, but it^s going in the right direction, although it does eventually decide to turn short at Basel. But it^s routed via the Rhine Gorge instead of the high-speed line beside the autobahn, so that^s a plus. And by Basel there^s another one close behind, and that one is going to go through to Zurich.

She arrives in Como late on the Wednesday evening, roughly 30 (three-zero) hours late. Though she had to give up on the boat up the lake.

Her views on DB and their ability to do customer care are (as they say in the Magistrates^ Courts) written on a piece of paper in front of Your Worships.

Now I occasionally moan at FGW for screwing up my journeys. But next time I promise to take a deep breath and give thanks that I^m not stuck at Emmerich on a sleeper that^s not going anywhere on account of a total lack of electricity ^ and that I^m not dependent on DB to get me to my destination.
BBM
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 29, 2014, 11:59:23 »

Indeed things are not as rosy elsewhere as some of us might think. I haven't been to France for a while but on my last trip there in 2005, 50% of the trains I took were more than 30 minutes late. One such delay was caused at N^mes when a tamping machine was sent out ahead of the TGV (Train a Grande Vitesse) I was on and we had to crawl at about 20-30 mph until the start of the high speed line was reached. Maybe I'm wrong but I can't imagine NR» (Network Rail - home page) sending out a tamper right in front of a Turbo let alone anything faster!  Smiley
stuving
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 29, 2014, 13:05:23 »

Turning to the alternatives, the usual advice of 'go via Waterloo' wasn't available because of their own issues ...

I would question that. The public statements from the SWT (South West Trains)/NR» (Network Rail - home page) alliance said that their whole network had serious problems, with delays of 60 minutes. They appear to have told FGW (First Great Western) and NR Western Route the same. But a blockage at Surbiton affects the SWML (South Western Mail Line), not the line to Reading, and even leaves routes to Weybridge and Guildford via Epsom still open.

Passengers may have been directed to these alternatives at Waterloo, or may have found them undirected, but I don't believe any trains were diverted via Virginia Water. However, most trains on the main line did run, arriving late, rather than being cancelled. So there would have been capacity to Reading, certainly later on when there were still crowds at Paddington but those at Waterloo were mostly gone.

Generally you would say that diverting from PAD» (Paddington (London) - next trains) to WAT makes sense before you set out for PAD, but less so once you have got there. I noted this in a previous post (of Paddington, around 19:00):
There were frequent announcements over the tannoys that customers for Reading were advised to get the train from Waterloo, but seeing the "delays of up to one hour" on SWT website put me and I'm guessing a lot of other commuters off of that option.
Now that is just the opposite. By then it should have been apparent that the capacity available via WAT would still be useful even to those already at PAD, but even more useful to those still lurking in the pub.

Below is the record of trains arriving at RDG(resolve) from WAT (none was cancelled). On this basis, the public statements about the performance of the network were not correct. Note that the strike at Surbiton happened at about 14:00.

ID       Plan      Act Arr          Late
2C31   13:10     13:15               5
2C33   13:40     13:54              14
2C35   14:10     14:19               9
2C37   14:40     14:50              10
2C39   15:10     15:25              15
2C41   15:40     15:51              11
2C43   16:10     16:45              35
2C45   16:40     17:12              32
2C47   17:10     17:18               8
2C89   17:27     17:28               1
2C49   17:42     17:40              -2
2C91   17:58     18:15              17
2C51   18:12     18:25              13
2C53   18:42     18:59              17
2C93   18:57     19:07              10
2C55   19:12     19:26              14
2C57   19:42     19:44               2
2C95   19:57     19:55              -2
2C59   20:12     20:27              15
2C97   20:25     20:33               8
2C61   20:40     20:42               2
2C63   21:10     21:10               0
2C65   21:40     21:45               5
2C67   22:10     22:10               0
2C69   22:40     22:41               1
2C71   23:10     23:30              20
2C73   23:40     23:41               1
2C75   00:10     00:09              -1
2C77   00:45     00:45               0

There remains the question of ticket acceptance. Most tickets to London via PAD are valid via WAT anyway. What are the exceptions? Advance maybe, but I don't know about seasons.
IndustryInsider
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 29, 2014, 13:16:55 »

On this basis, the public statements about the performance of the network were not correct. Note that the strike at Surbiton happened at about 14:00.

That's very interesting to know, and totally unacceptable if a quite reasonable service out to Reading was running from Waterloo.  Not only the public statements about the performance of the network as: 'Please note: passengers can not travel via London Waterloo due to major signalling problems.' which was being distributed internally is very specifically telling people not to go to Waterloo.  Did anyone on here end up going to Waterloo to report back on the conditions there?

To view my GWML (Great Western Main Line) Electrification cab video 'before and after' video comparison, as well as other videos of the new layout at Reading and 'before and after' comparisons of the Cotswold Line Redoubling scheme, see: http://www.dailymotion.com/user/IndustryInsider/
JayMac
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 29, 2014, 13:46:34 »

There remains the question of ticket acceptance. Most tickets to London via PAD» (Paddington (London) - next trains) are valid via WAT anyway. What are the exceptions? Advance maybe, but I don't know about seasons.

From Reading there are separate 'Any Permitted' and 'via Staines' fares. The vast majority of folk will have had, as you rightly say, an 'Any Permitted' ticket. Only those who had Advance Purchase tickets from further afield would have been denied travel to/from Waterloo after SWT (South West Trains) refused ticket acceptance. Season holders with a ticket valid from or through Reading would also have been 'Any Permitted'.

Staff at Paddington and online information should perhaps have communicated the fact that anyone with an 'Any Permitted' ticket valid to or via Reading could have gone to Waterloo if they so wished. Telling them trains were running from there, despite what SWT were saying, but also making passengers aware of the potential issues affecting the Waterloo-Reading route. SWT, refusing other operators tickets, could only have refused travel to folk holding FGW (First Great Western) Advance tickets.

SWT were overly cautious I think. Perhaps worried that their network could fall over at any moment, and not wanting to share the opprobrium FGW were facing.

This is of course, "Britain's Train Companies Working Together" as ATOC» (Association of Train Operating Companies See - here), through their National Rail brand, are wont to tell us.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 13:52:47 by bignosemac » Logged

"Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the rest of the day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Sir Terry Pratchett.
BBM
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 29, 2014, 14:00:10 »

Two occasions in recents year have made me reluctant to go to Waterloo when there's been disruption on the GWML (Great Western Main Line).

On the first one, I duly went to Waterloo, got a train to Reading and then had to wait 45 minutes there for a train to Twyford. That turned out to be the return working of the first Turbo stopper off PAD» (Paddington (London) - next trains) after services had resumed, so if I'd waited there instead of going to Waterloo I'd have been home at least 20 minutes earlier.

On the second one, the announcer at PAD said that due to the 'nature' of the fatality which had then closed the line services would not resume for at least another hour and everyone should go via Waterloo. I was 50-50 on doing that or staying put and getting a burger. I decided on the latter. Just as I took the first bite the station announcer at PAD suddenly annouced imminent departures of high speed services and a stopper. If I'd jumped straight on the Bakerloo Line I doubt I'd have got as far as Oxford Circus by that time!

Added to that is the tedious stopping pattern of the SWT (South West Trains) service. Some 20 years ago (yes this sort of disruption did also happen in BR (British Rail(ways)) days!) I arrived at Waterloo to find an additional 8-car EMU (Electric Multiple Unit) ready to depart non-stop for RDG(resolve), a journey I remember timing at 57 minutes thanks to a scheduled service being held at Ascot for us to pass. The SWT line could be very good if it could just be speeded up a little.

But, with 20-20 hindsight, if I'd gone to Waterloo last Friday and taken a train to Wokingham I would have had a much cheaper taxi journey from there to Twyford!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 14:05:40 by BBM » Logged
NickB

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 29, 2014, 14:10:50 »

Perhaps I was especially (un)lucky to have experienced both Paddington and Waterloo on Friday.

It struck me as odd (or naive) that FGW (First Great Western) staff were announcing at Paddington that passengers should take SWT (South West Trains) from Waterloo given a) I knew that SWT were screwed due to signal failure; and b) there is no Bakerloo line at Paddington to convey passengers there.  This was at approx 6pm.

I had to go to Waterloo anyway to meet friends so took the H&C + Jubilee line route south.  At Waterloo all direct entrances from tube to mainline were closed due to 'overcrowding' (that is generous - I would describe it as crushing).  Nothing was moving in and out and SWT were certainly not able to support diverted PAX from Paddington.

Friday was the worst passenger chaos at Paddington that I've experienced.  Staff absence was immediately conspicuous.  The worst problem was crushing on the Platform1-8 gantry and route to the H&C line where all gates were open but there were no staff at all.  None.  It wouldn't have taken much for a child or vulnerable person to have been pushed to the floor, or for a dangerous crush to have occured and without ANY staff there who would have taken any action?  To my mind all PAX should be cleared off of the gantry and made to wait on the concourse.  In such circumstances H&C should be exit only via Platform 12 and entrance only via the gantry.
IndustryInsider
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 29, 2014, 15:25:03 »

At Waterloo all direct entrances from tube to mainline were closed due to 'overcrowding' (that is generous - I would describe it as crushing).  Nothing was moving in and out and SWT (South West Trains) were certainly not able to support diverted PAX from Paddington.

That probably explains why nobody was being advised to go to Waterloo then.

To my mind all PAX should be cleared off of the gantry and made to wait on the concourse.  In such circumstances H&C should be exit only via Platform 12 and entrance only via the gantry.

All of which takes more and more staff to effectively police.  I'm taking your point (and others) about staff disappearing, but where are all these staff coming from to do this level of crowd control, whilst still having plenty of staff visibility in the concourse, as well as fully staffed help desks and extra staff to deal with directing customers to the taxi ranks and so on? 

For example, it's very hard to clear large numbers of people who are waiting on the gantry, most of whom know it's the best place to wait for a quick entry onto a train when it is advertised and don't want to move, and then at the same time keeping that gantry open for those wishing to gain access to the H&C line (and of course the increasing number of people arriving through the Northern entrance by it).  The best way to clear the gantry, and I agree that would probably have been desirable for many reasons, would be to have better/more detailed information on the disruption on the information screens in the main concourse - but it sounds like very little was on display anywhere.

NickB

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 29, 2014, 17:12:40 »

At Waterloo all direct entrances from tube to mainline were closed due to 'overcrowding' (that is generous - I would describe it as crushing).  Nothing was moving in and out and SWT (South West Trains) were certainly not able to support diverted PAX from Paddington.

That probably explains why nobody was being advised to go to Waterloo then.

But they were, via the PA (Public Address), which was my point.

As for the need for more staff to police the gantry then as it is directly a safety issue perhaps its an appropriate use for BTP (British Transport Police) ??
IndustryInsider
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 29, 2014, 17:32:23 »

OK, as I said, I wasn't involved in it - but that contradicts the advice from Control that 'insider' posted which Paddington Control staff would have seen.  Perhaps they panicked from the sheer number of passengers that were building up?

Regarding crowd control, again I don't think BTP (British Transport Police) would have officers in any where near enough quantities, bearing in mind they would also have had numerous issues at Waterloo to deal with as well as all their normal duties.  Perhaps some back-up from the Met could have been called in, but who pays for that - and of course police officers with no idea how the station and railway operate might be more of a hindrance than a help?

ChrisB
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #192 on: July 29, 2014, 18:14:24 »

It has been suggested to me by a manager who was in Swindon control for deveral hours on Friday during the chaos that they will consider claims for taxi fares incurred in getting home if pax were sensible enough to obtain receipts.

It is acknowledged that Fridays service was inadequately provided and an inquest is under way
stuving
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 29, 2014, 18:33:32 »

Remember that SWT (South West Trains)'s problems started much earlier. Two different problems at WAT, leading to cancellations on specific routes, then their lightning at 14:00. After then, they cancelled more trains due to the WAT problems than the SUR one. I can do a list of WAT departures, though it is rather long - but here goes (starting an hour before lightning time, to show the pattern of service leading up to then:
ID       Destination                      Plan      Act Dep   Late
1P37     Portsmouth Harbour               13:00     Cancel       
2O33     London Waterloo                  13:03     13:09        6
2G33     Guildford                        13:03     Cancel       
1W67     Weymouth                         13:05     13:05        0
2J33     Hampton Court                    13:06     Cancel       
2V33     London Waterloo (At platform)    13:07     13:07        0
1T37     Portsmouth Harbour               13:09     13:19       10
2D33     Guildford                        13:09     13:45       36
2H33     Shepperton                       13:12     13:24       12
2L37     Woking                           13:12     13:50       38
2P37     Haslemere                        13:15     13:15        0
2R33     London Waterloo (At platform)    13:15     13:14       -1
2M33     Chessington South                13:16     13:27       11
2C37     Reading                          13:20     13:20        0
1L37     Exeter St Davids                 13:20     Cancel       
2F33     Woking                           13:20     13:33       13
2S37     Weybridge                        13:22     13:22        0
1A37     Alton                            13:23     13:23        0
1D33     Dorking                          13:24     Cancel       
2U37     Windsor & Eton Riverside         13:28     13:27       -1
2K33     London Waterloo (At platform)    13:28                  
1P39     Portsmouth Harbour               13:30     13:30        0
2G35     New Malden                       13:33     13:41        8
2O35     London Waterloo (At platform)    13:33     13:41        8
1W27     Weymouth                         13:35     13:37        2
2J35     Hampton Court                    13:36     Cancel       
2V35     London Waterloo (At platform)    13:37     13:37        0
2B39     Poole                            13:39     13:45        6
2D35     Guildford                        13:39     Cancel       
2H35     Clapham Junction                 13:42     14:11       29
2L39     Basingstoke                      13:42     13:54       12
2P39     Portsmouth & Southsea            13:45     13:47        2
2R35     London Waterloo (At platform)    13:45     13:45        0
2M35     Chessington South                13:46     14:02       16
2C39     Reading                          13:50     13:49       -1
1L39     Gillingham (Dorset)              13:50     13:56        6
2F35     Woking                           13:50     14:05       15
2S39     Weybridge                        13:52     13:52        0
1A39     Alton                            13:53     14:08       15
1D35     Dorking                          13:54     Cancel       
2K35     London Waterloo                  13:57     Cancel       
2U39     Windsor & Eton Riverside         13:58     14:02        4
1P41     Fratton                          14:00     14:05        5
2G37     Guildford                        14:03     14:14       11
2O37     London Waterloo (At platform)    14:03     14:07        4
1W69     Poole                            14:05     14:09        4
2J37     Hampton Court                    14:06     Cancel       
2V37     London Waterloo (At platform)    14:07     14:11        4
2D37     Guildford                        14:09     14:18        9
1T41     Fareham                          14:09     14:11        2
2L41     Basingstoke                      14:12     14:23       11
2H37     Teddington                       14:12     14:28       16
2R37     London Waterloo (At platform)    14:15     14:25       10
2P41     Haslemere                        14:15     14:27       12
2M37     Chessington South                14:16     14:31       15
1L41     Salisbury                        14:20     14:20        0
2F37     Woking                           14:20     Cancel       
2C41     Reading                          14:20     14:22        2
2S41     Weybridge                        14:22     14:21       -1
1A41     Alton                            14:23     14:42       19
1D37     Dorking                          14:24     Cancel       
2K37     London Waterloo                  14:27     Cancel       
2U41     Windsor & Eton Riverside         14:28     14:44       16
1P43     Fratton                          14:30     14:49       19
2O39     London Waterloo (At platform)    14:33     15:00       27
2G39     Guildford                        14:33     14:42        9
1W29     Dorchester South                 14:35     14:43        8
2J39     Hampton Court                    14:36     Cancel       
2V39     London Waterloo (At platform)    14:37     14:52       15
2D39     Guildford                        14:39     Cancel       
2B43     Brockenhurst                     14:39     14:40        1
2L43     Basingstoke                      14:42     14:47        5
2H39     Shepperton                       14:42     14:50        8
2P43     Portsmouth Harbour               14:45     Cancel       
2R39     London Waterloo (At platform)    14:45     14:45        0
2M39     Chessington South                14:46     Cancel       
2F39     Woking                           14:50     15:30       40
1L43     Salisbury                        14:50     Cancel       
2C43     Reading                          14:50     14:58        8
2S43     Virginia Water                   14:52     15:09       17
1A43     Alton                            14:53     14:53        0
1D39     Dorking                          14:54     Cancel       
2K39     London Waterloo                  14:57     15:27       30
2U43     Windsor & Eton Riverside         14:58     15:04        6
1P45     Portsmouth Harbour               15:00     15:10       10
2G41     Guildford                        15:03     15:20       17
2O41     London Waterloo                  15:03     Cancel       
1W71     Weymouth                         15:05     15:05        0
2J41     Hampton Court                    15:06     Cancel       
2V41     London Waterloo (At platform)    15:07     15:07        0
2D41     Guildford                        15:09     15:15        6
1T45     Portsmouth Harbour               15:09     15:26       17
2L45     Basingstoke                      15:12     15:35       23
2H41     Shepperton                       15:12     15:24       12
2R41     London Waterloo (At platform)    15:15     15:20        5
2P45     Portsmouth Harbour               15:15     15:27       12
2M41     Chessington South                15:16     15:33       17
2F41     Woking                           15:20     15:35       15
2C45     Reading                          15:20     15:44       24
1L45     Exeter St Davids                 15:20     15:19       -1
2S45     Weybridge                        15:22     15:34       12
1D41     Dorking                          15:24     Cancel       
1A45     Alton                            15:23     15:40       17
2K41     London Waterloo (At platform)    15:27     15:40       13
2U45     Windsor & Eton Riverside         15:28     15:31        3
1P47     Portsmouth Harbour               15:30     15:43       13
2G43     Guildford                        15:33     15:46       13
2O43     London Waterloo (At platform)    15:33     15:36        3
1W31     Weymouth & Poole                 15:35     15:37        2
2J43     Hampton Court                    15:36     Cancel       
2V43     London Waterloo (At platform)    15:37     15:38        1
2D43     Guildford                        15:39     15:42        3
2B47     Brockenhurst                     15:39     16:23       44
2L47     Basingstoke                      15:42     15:47        5
2H43     Shepperton                       15:42     15:48        6
2P47     Portsmouth & Southsea            15:45     15:57       12
2R43     London Waterloo (At platform)    15:45     15:52        7
2M43     Chessington South                15:46     16:02       16
2F43     Woking                           15:50     Cancel       
2C47     Reading                          15:50     15:50        0
1L47     Gillingham (Dorset)              15:50     Cancel       
2S47     Weybridge                        15:52     15:58        6
1A47     Alton                            15:53     16:01        8
1D43     Dorking                          15:54     Cancel       
2K43     London Waterloo (At platform)    15:57     16:06        9
2U47     Windsor & Eton Riverside         15:58     16:14       16
1P49     Portsmouth Harbour               16:00     16:12       12
2O45     London Waterloo (At platform)    16:01     16:04        3
2G45     Guildford                        16:03     Cancel       
2C89     Reading                          16:05     16:05        0
1W73     Wareham                          16:05     16:08        3
2J45     Hampton Court                    16:06     Cancel       
2V45     London Waterloo (At platform)    16:07     16:12        5
1T49     Portsmouth Harbour               16:09     16:42       33
2D45     Guildford                        16:09     16:11        2
2L49     Basingstoke                      16:12     16:33       21
2H45     Shepperton                       16:12     16:15        3
2P49     Portsmouth Harbour               16:15     16:37       22
2R45     London Waterloo (At platform)    16:15     16:24        9
2M45     Chessington South                16:16     16:30       14
1L49     Exeter St Davids                 16:20     16:33       13
2F45     Woking                           16:20     Cancel       
2C49     Reading                          16:20     16:19       -1
2S49     Weybridge                        16:22     16:22        0
1D45     Dorking                          16:24     Cancel       
1A49     Alton                            16:25     16:40       15
2K45     Clapham Junction (At platform)   16:27     16:27        0
2U49     Windsor & Eton Riverside         16:28     16:28        0
1P51     Portsmouth Harbour               16:30     16:43       13
2O47     London Waterloo                  16:31     Cancel       
2G47     Guildford                        16:33     16:33        0
1W33     Weymouth & Bournemouth           16:35     16:39        4
2C91     Reading                          16:35     16:48       13
2J47     Hampton Court                    16:36     Cancel       
2V47     London Waterloo (At platform)    16:37     16:45        8
2D47     Guildford                        16:39     16:43        4
1T51     Portsmouth Harbour               16:39     16:55       16
2H47     Shepperton                       16:42     16:57       15
2L51     Basingstoke                      16:42     16:48        6
2P51     Portsmouth Harbour               16:45     16:51        6
2R47     London Waterloo (At platform)    16:45     16:45        0
2M47     Chessington South                16:46     16:54        8
2F47     Woking                           16:50     16:51        1
1L51     Yeovil Junction                  16:50     Cancel       
2C51     Reading                          16:50     16:51        1
2S51     Weybridge                        16:52     17:04       12
1D47     Dorking                          16:54     Cancel       
1A51     Alton                            16:55     Cancel       
2K47     London Waterloo (At platform)    16:57     17:00        3
2U51     Windsor & Eton Riverside         16:58     17:08       10
1P53     Portsmouth Harbour               17:00     17:03        3
2O49     London Waterloo (At platform)    17:01     17:05        4
2F91     Guildford                        17:02     Cancel       
2G49     Guildford                        17:02     17:22       20
1W75     Weymouth & Bournemouth           17:05     17:05        0
1N93     Aldershot                        17:05     17:15       10
2J49     Hampton Court                    17:06     Cancel       
2V49     London Waterloo (At platform)    17:07     17:16        9
1T53     Portsmouth Harbour               17:09     17:27       18
2D49     Effingham Junction               17:09     17:19       10
2H49     Shepperton                       17:12     Cancel       
2L53     Basingstoke                      17:12     17:56       44
2O96     London Waterloo (At platform)    17:13     17:13        0
2P53     Fratton                          17:15     17:15        0
2R49     London Waterloo (At platform)    17:15     17:19        4
2M49     Chessington South                17:16     Cancel       
1L53     Exeter St Davids                 17:20     Cancel       
2C53     Reading                          17:20     17:30       10
2F49     Woking                           17:20     17:25        5
2S53     Weybridge                        17:22     17:28        6
2L91     Basingstoke                      17:23     17:24        1
1D49     Dorking                          17:24     Cancel       
1A53     Alton                            17:25     17:53       28
2K49     London Waterloo (At platform)    17:27     17:47       20
2U53     Windsor & Eton Riverside         17:28     17:33        5
1P55     Portsmouth Harbour               17:30     17:38        8
2D91     Epsom                            17:30     17:49       19
2O51     London Waterloo (At platform)    17:31     17:36        5
2G51     Guildford                        17:32     18:13       41
2F93     Guildford                        17:32     17:34        2
2C93     Reading                          17:35     17:46       11
1W35     Weymouth & Poole                 17:35     17:40        5
2J51     Hampton Court                    17:36     Cancel       
2V51     London Waterloo (At platform)    17:37     17:39        2
1T55     Portsmouth Harbour               17:39     17:41        2
2D51     Effingham Junction               17:39     17:52       13
2L55     Basingstoke                      17:41     18:13       32
2H51     Shepperton                       17:42     17:56       14
2H93     Shepperton                       17:43     17:43        0
2R51     London Waterloo (At platform)    17:45     17:45        0
1G55     Havant                           17:45     17:46        1
2M51     Chessington South                17:46     17:58       12
1B93     Southampton Central              17:48     17:49        1
2C55     Reading                          17:50     18:01       11
2F51     Woking                           17:50     18:00       10
1L55     Yeovil Junction                  17:50     Cancel       
2S55     Weybridge                        17:52     17:53        1
2L93     Basingstoke                      17:53     18:03       10
1D51     Dorking                          17:54     Cancel       
1A55     Alton                            17:55     18:01        6
2K51     London Waterloo (At platform)    17:57     18:05        8
2U55     Windsor & Eton Riverside         17:58     17:58        0
2D93     Epsom                            18:00     18:07        7
1P57     Portsmouth Harbour               18:00     18:06        6
2O53     London Waterloo (At platform)    18:01     18:04        3
2G53     Guildford                        18:02     18:10        8
2F95     Woking                           18:02     18:08        6
1N95     Aldershot                        18:05     18:05        0
1W77     Weymouth                         18:05     18:18       13
2J53     Hampton Court                    18:06     Cancel       
2V53     London Waterloo (At platform)    18:07     18:14        7
2D53     Guildford                        18:09     18:20       11
1T57     Portsmouth Harbour               18:09     18:54       45
2L57     Basingstoke                      18:12     18:31       19
2H53     Shepperton                       18:12     18:17        5
2H95     Shepperton                       18:13     18:16        3
2R53     London Waterloo (At platform)    18:15     18:19        4
1G57     Portsmouth & Southsea            18:15     18:14       -1
2M53     Chessington South                18:16     18:26       10
2P91     Guildford                        18:18     18:23        5
2C57     Reading                          18:20     18:20        0
2F53     Woking                           18:20     18:40       20
1L57     Exeter St Davids                 18:20     Cancel       
2S57     Weybridge                        18:22     18:34       12
2L95     Basingstoke                      18:23     18:25        2
1D53     Dorking                          18:24     Cancel       
1A57     Alton                            18:25     18:28        3
2K53     London Waterloo (At platform)    18:27     18:28        1
2U57     Windsor & Eton Riverside         18:28     18:32        4
1P59     Portsmouth Harbour               18:30     18:41       11
2D95     Epsom                            18:30     18:31        1
2O55     London Waterloo (At platform)    18:31     18:39        8
2L97     Basingstoke                      18:32     18:34        2
2G55     Guildford                        18:32     18:50       18
1W37     Weymouth & Poole                 18:35     18:36        1
2C95     Reading                          18:35     18:37        2
2J55     Hampton Court                    18:36     18:44        8
2V55     London Waterloo (At platform)    18:37     18:49       12
1B59     Poole                            18:39     18:39        0
2D55     Guildford                        18:39     18:53       14
2L59     Basingstoke                      18:41     Cancel       
2H55     Shepperton                       18:42     18:55       13
2H97     Shepperton                       18:43     18:42       -1
2R55     London Waterloo (At platform)    18:45     18:47        2
2P59     Portsmouth Harbour               18:45     19:12       27
2M55     Chessington South                18:46     18:46        0
2G91     Guildford                        18:48     19:00       12
2C59     Reading                          18:50     18:52        2
2F55     Woking                           18:50     18:58        8
1L59     Salisbury                        18:50     Cancel       
2S59     Weybridge                        18:52     19:00        8
1D55     Dorking                          18:54     Cancel       
1A59     Alton                            18:55     19:04        9
2K55     London Waterloo (At platform)    18:57     19:02        5
2U59     Windsor & Eton Riverside         18:58     19:01        3
2D97     Epsom                            19:00     19:12       12
1P61     Portsmouth Harbour               19:00     19:32       32
2O57     London Waterloo (At platform)    19:01     19:10        9
2F97     Woking                           19:02     19:02        0
2G57     Guildford                        19:02     19:14       12
2C97     Reading                          19:05     19:15       10
1W79     Weymouth                         19:05     19:07        2
2J57     Hampton Court                    19:06     19:06        0
2V57     London Waterloo (At platform)    19:07     19:11        4
1T61     Portsmouth Harbour               19:09     19:40       31
2D57     Guildford                        19:09     Cancel       
2L61     Basingstoke                      19:12     Cancel       
2H57     Shepperton                       19:12     19:16        4
2Y61     Woking                           19:15     19:45       30
2R57     London Waterloo (At platform)    19:15     19:15        0
2M57     Chessington South                19:16     19:19        3
1L61     Exeter St Davids & Bristol       19:20     Cancel       
2F57     Woking                           19:20     19:27        7
2C61     Reading                          19:20     19:21        1
2S61     Weybridge                        19:22     19:22        0
1J91     Surbiton                         19:23     19:23        0
1D57     Dorking                          19:24     Cancel       
1A61     Alton                            19:25     19:45       20
2K57     London Waterloo (At platform)    19:27     19:30        3
2U61     Windsor & Eton Riverside         19:28     19:28        0
1P63     Portsmouth Harbour               19:30     19:43       13
2O59     London Waterloo (At platform)    19:33     19:33        0
2G59     Guildford                        19:33     19:39        6
1W81     Weymouth                         19:35     19:39        4
2J59     Hampton Court                    19:36     Cancel       
2V59     London Waterloo (At platform)    19:37     19:38        1
2B63     Southampton Central              19:39     19:57       18
2D59     Guildford                        19:39     19:41        2
2H59     Shepperton                       19:42     19:43        1
2L63     Basingstoke                      19:42     20:03       21
2P63     Portsmouth & Southsea            19:45     Cancel       
2R59     London Waterloo (At platform)    19:45     20:05       20
2M59     Chessington South                19:46     19:46        0
1L63     Salisbury                        19:50     Cancel       
2C63     Reading                          19:50     19:49       -1
2F59     Woking                           19:50     Cancel       
2S63     Weybridge                        19:52     19:57        5
1A63     Alton                            19:53     20:47       54
2D61     Epsom                            19:54     19:53       -1
2K59     London Waterloo (At platform)    19:57     19:56       -1
2U63     Windsor & Eton Riverside         19:58     19:58        0
1P65     Portsmouth Harbour               20:00     20:00        0
2G61     Guildford                        20:03     20:12        9
2O61     London Waterloo (At platform)    20:03     20:02       -1
1B65     Bournemouth                      20:05     20:13        8
2J61     Hampton Court                    20:06     Cancel       
2V61     London Waterloo (At platform)    20:07     20:08        1
1T65     Portsmouth Harbour               20:09     20:24       15
1D61     Dorking                          20:09     Cancel       
2H61     Shepperton                       20:12     20:14        2
2L65     Basingstoke                      20:12     20:13        1
2P65     Haslemere                        20:15     20:22        7
2R61     London Waterloo (At platform)    20:15     20:19        4
2M61     Chessington South                20:16     20:27       11
1L65     Exeter St Davids                 20:20     20:20        0
2C65     Reading                          20:20     20:20        0
2F61     Woking                           20:20     20:31       11
2S65     Weybridge                        20:22     20:22        0
1A65     Alton                            20:23     20:44       21
2D63     Epsom                            20:24     20:34       10
2K61     London Waterloo (At platform)    20:27     20:34        7
2U65     Windsor & Eton Riverside         20:28     20:28        0
1P67     Portsmouth Harbour               20:30     Cancel       
2G63     Guildford                        20:33     20:48       15
2O63     London Waterloo (At platform)    20:33     20:34        1
1W83     Weymouth                         20:35     Cancel       
2J63     Hampton Court                    20:36     Cancel       
2V63     London Waterloo (At platform)    20:37     20:37        0
2D65     Guildford                        20:39     20:42        3
2B67     Eastleigh                        20:39     21:19       40
2H63     Shepperton                       20:42     20:46        4
2L67     Basingstoke                      20:42     20:42        0
2R63     London Waterloo (At platform)    20:45     20:45        0
2P67     Portsmouth & Southsea            20:45     Cancel       
2M63     Chessington South                20:46     Cancel       
2F63     Woking                           20:50     21:06       16
2C67     Reading                          20:50     20:50        0
2S67     Weybridge                        20:52     20:52        0
1A67     Alton                            20:53     21:16       23
2D67     Epsom                            20:54     21:03        9
2K63     London Waterloo (At platform)    20:57     20:56       -1
2U67     Windsor & Eton Riverside         20:58     20:58        0
1P69     Portsmouth Harbour               21:00     21:26       26
2O65     London Waterloo (At platform)    21:03     21:02       -1
2G65     Guildford                        21:03     21:33       30
1B69     Poole                            21:05     21:15       10
2V65     London Waterloo (At platform)    21:07     21:07        0
1D65     Dorking                          21:09     Cancel       
2H65     Shepperton                       21:12     21:13        1
2L69     Basingstoke                      21:12     21:35       23
2R65     London Waterloo (At platform)    21:15     21:15        0
2F65     Woking                           21:20     21:29        9
2C69     Reading                          21:20     21:20        0
1L69     Yeovil Junction                  21:20     21:22        2
2S69     Weybridge                        21:22     21:27        5
1A69     Alton                            21:23     21:41       18
2D69     Epsom                            21:24     21:25        1
2K65     London Waterloo (At platform)    21:27     21:31        4
2U69     Windsor & Eton Riverside         21:28     21:30        2
1P71     Portsmouth Harbour               21:30     21:37        7
2G67     Guildford                        21:33     21:36        3
2O67     London Waterloo (At platform)    21:33     21:35        2
1W85     Weymouth                         21:35     21:46       11
2J67     Hampton Court                    21:36     Cancel       
2V67     London Waterloo (At platform)    21:37     21:37        0
2D71     Guildford                        21:39     21:52       13
2B71     Southampton Central              21:39     21:48        9
2H67     Shepperton                       21:42     21:41       -1
2T71     Portsmouth Harbour               21:42     21:51        9
2R67     Twickenham                       21:45     21:45        0
2P71     Portsmouth & Southsea            21:45     21:56       11
2M67     Chessington South                21:46     21:46        0
2C71     Reading                          21:50     22:00       10
2F67     Guildford                        21:50     21:55        5
2S71     Weybridge                        21:52     21:52        0
1A71     Alton                            21:53     21:53        0
2D73     Epsom                            21:54     Cancel       
2K67     London Waterloo (At platform)    21:57     21:58        1
2U71     Windsor & Eton Riverside         21:58     21:57       -1
1P73     Portsmouth Harbour               22:00     22:00        0
2O69     London Waterloo (At platform)    22:03     22:02       -1
2G69     Guildford                        22:03     22:25       22
1B73     Poole                            22:05     22:05        0
1D69     Dorking                          22:09     22:10        1
2L73     Basingstoke                      22:12     22:11       -1
2H69     Shepperton                       22:12     22:12        0
1L73     Salisbury                        22:20     22:20        0
2C73     Reading                          22:20     22:19       -1
2F69     Woking                           22:20     22:21        1
2S73     Weybridge                        22:22     22:23        1
1A73     Alton                            22:23     22:22       -1
2K69     London Waterloo (At platform)    22:27     22:28        1
2U73     Windsor & Eton Riverside         22:28     22:28        0
1P75     Portsmouth Harbour               22:30     22:30        0
2G71     Guildford                        22:33     Cancel       
2O71     London Waterloo (At platform)    22:33     22:33        0
1B75     Poole                            22:35     22:35        0
2J71     Hampton Court                    22:36     22:36        0
2B75     Southampton Central              22:39     23:09       30
2D75     Guildford                        22:39     22:44        5
2L75     Basingstoke                      22:42     22:42        0
2H71     Shepperton                       22:42     22:41       -1
2P75     Portsmouth & Southsea            22:45     23:13       28
2F71     Woking                           22:50     23:10       20
2C75     Reading                          22:50     22:50        0
1S75     Woking                           22:52     22:52        0
1A75     Alton                            22:53     23:05       12
2K71     London Waterloo (At platform)    22:57     22:56       -1
2U75     Windsor & Eton Riverside         22:58     23:01        3
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 18:54:18 by stuving » Logged
Clifford James

View Profile Email
« Reply #194 on: July 29, 2014, 18:39:45 »

Bloody hell, what do you do as a party piece?!!

Don't let First Bus sell you a one-way ticket to higher fares. Help us bring back returns in the West of England area by signing our petition at http://busreturns.epetitions.net/
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: