Read about the forum [here].
Register [here] - it's free.
What do I gain from registering? [here]
 02/06/24 - Summer Timetable starts
17/08/24 - Bus to Imber
27/09/25 - 200 years of passenger trains

On this day
16th Apr (1987)
~ Tulyar arrives at Swanley New Barn Railway (link)

Train RunningCancelled
Additional 21:26 Bristol Temple Meads to Cardiff Central
22:44 Taunton to Bristol Temple Meads
17/04/24 00:45 London Paddington to Reading
Short Run
16:50 Penzance to Cardiff Central
19:56 Cardiff Central to Taunton
23:24 Didcot Parkway to London Paddington
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 16, 2024, 22:10:08 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[320] Problems with the Night Riviera sleeper - December 2014 onward...
[117] Proposals for open access services on new routes
[63] New station at Ashley Down, Bristol
[61] BBC Great Coastal Railway Journeys - A Correction
[57] Okehampton
[45] First tour train of season

News: the Great Western Coffee Shop ... keeping you up to date with travel around the South West

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 306
  Print  
Author Topic: Infrastructure problems in Thames Valley causing disruption elsewhere - ongoing, since Oct 2014  (Read 1253877 times)
Timmer
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1755 on: May 23, 2017, 19:43:52 »

So warm weather is forecast for the end of the week.....I'm tempted by an accumulator....delays due to "poor rail conditions", "damage to overhead equipment" and "more trains than usual needing repairs".......if it's beach weather you could add "shortage of drivers"......odds anyone?  Wink
Please no, I'm traveling to London Friday afternoon.
didcotdean
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: May 23, 2017, 20:00:38 »

So warm weather is forecast for the end of the week.....I'm tempted by an accumulator....delays due to "poor rail conditions", "damage to overhead equipment" and "more trains than usual needing repairs".......if it's beach weather you could add "shortage of drivers"......odds anyone?  Wink
I think we were already into trouble with toasty turbo interiors on Monday.

TaplowGreen
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: May 23, 2017, 20:10:04 »

.......place your bets Gentlemen! Who knows, we might put a man on the moon one day! 😃
lordgoata
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: May 23, 2017, 21:50:43 »

Historically it seems that above 25c and there's a chance of weather related disruption, and above 30c it's likely they'll be disruption.  Forecast is for high 20's currently.  Who's got the white paint...

Dunno about the white paint, but there is a shortage of tipex at the moment, as they are busy making timetable adjustments to block out all those electric trains that they can't run  Grin
TaplowGreen
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: May 24, 2017, 07:04:39 »

Delays to services between Reading and Slough
Due to a broken down train between Reading and Slough some lines are blocked.
Train services running to and from these stations may be delayed by up to 20 minutes. Disruption is expected until 07:45 24/05  Embarrassed

Birdie100

View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: May 24, 2017, 07:33:22 »

Due to the disruption this morning an High Speed Train (HST (High Speed Train)) (delayed 7.08) pulled into platform 5 at Maidenhead this morning (the first I know of)! A little bit of railway history!

Edit: VickiS - Clarifying Acronym
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 16:07:55 by VickiS » Logged
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1761 on: May 24, 2017, 08:34:41 »

Due to the disruption this morning an HST (High Speed Train) (delayed 7.08) pulled into platform 5 at Maidenhead this morning (the first I know of)! A little bit of railway history!

Welcome to the forum, Birdie100.   These unusual happenings are not only a piece of history, but evidence of what can be done - a learning exercise which (certainly on my own community line) helps us understand why things are as they are, and what is practical for the CRP (Community Rail Partnership) to ask about in the future.   Many thanks for posting that information / picture ... I know that there was talk of a Marlow line CRP at one point - though I can't see them suggesting an HST to Bourne End except perhaps as a promotional trip.

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
lordgoata
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: May 24, 2017, 08:56:10 »

Due to the disruption this morning an HST (High Speed Train) (delayed 7.08) pulled into platform 5 at Maidenhead this morning (the first I know of)! A little bit of railway history!

Welcome Birdie 100! I've seen the freights thundering through platform 5 since they did the track layout changes, but yes, can't say I have seen an HST there before either. Its definitely given a lot more flexibility around Maidenhead.
Jason

View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: May 24, 2017, 09:33:34 »

gwr.com adds the following detail.

Following a broken down train earlier today between Reading and London Paddington all lines have now reopened.
Impact: Train services running to and from these stations may be delayed by up to 10 minutes. Disruption is expected until 10:00 24/05
An engineering train had broken down in the Slough station area earlier which has now moved. This train was part of engineering works which have been finished late however all lines are now open for normal working. Delays may occur on trains towards London due to congestion caused by the high volume of delayed services currently heading towards London.
Some trains may run with revised calling patterns to try and recover the service towards on time running.
bobm
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: May 24, 2017, 10:36:28 »

You missed the obvious "an unusually large passenger flow".  Grin
Surrey 455

View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: May 24, 2017, 20:23:51 »

What's the air conditioning like on the new trains? Satisfactory?
TaplowGreen
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: May 24, 2017, 20:41:10 »

What's the air conditioning like on the new trains? Satisfactory?

Very effective.
Jason

View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: May 25, 2017, 08:42:38 »

Due to a broken down train earlier today between Slough and London Paddington:
Impact: Train services running to and from these stations may be delayed by up to 20 minutes. Disruption is expected until 09:30 25/05.
TaplowGreen
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: May 25, 2017, 12:35:53 »

Delays to services at Maidenhead
Due to a fault with the signalling system at Maidenhead:
Train services running through this station may be delayed. Disruption is expected until 13:15 25/05.
Jason

View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: May 25, 2017, 14:39:54 »

Wheee....

Due to a speed restriction because of high track temperatures between Gloucester and Bristol Parkway trains have to run at reduced speed on the line towards Bristol Parkway.
Impact: Train services running through these stations may be delayed by up to 5 minutes. Disruption is expected until the end of the day.

Due to a speed restriction because of high track temperatures between Bristol Parkway and Bristol Temple Meads trains have to run at reduced speed on the line towards Bristol Temple Meads.
Impact: Train services running through these stations may be delayed by up to 5 minutes. Disruption is expected until the end of the day.

Due to a fault with the signalling system between Bath Spa and Swindon some lines are blocked.
Impact: Train services running through these stations may be delayed by up to 25 minutes or diverted between Bristol Temple Meads and Swindon. Disruption is expected until 16:00 25/05.
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 306
  Print  

Jump to: