Short Run
15:50 Penzance to Gloucester
16:31 Barnstaple to Axminster
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 19, 2024, 18:37:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[313] Rail to refuge / Travel to refuge
[78] Rail delay compensation payments hit £100 million
[34] Difficult to argue with e-bike/scooter rules?
[32] Signage - not making it easy ...
[6] IETs at Melksham
[6] Ferry just cancelled - train tickets will be useless - advice?

News: the Great Western Coffee Shop ... keeping you up to date with travel around the South West

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 63
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with the Night Riviera sleeper - December 2014 onwards  (Read 317317 times)
Kernowman

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: March 15, 2015, 22:37:48 »

Looks like 1C86 1506 Pad to Pnz has hit both of the failed trains on its journey today. Doh!  Roll Eyes

And 1C87 (the 16:06 Pad to Pnz) is now running ahead of it.  Might have been better to wait at Westbury than go round via Bristol, but hindsight is a marvellous thing!

Reminds me of when I was on the 16.06 Pad to PZ in August 2013, it failed at Castle Cary and required fitter attention. Most passengers did a pair of units (2 x 150 I think) on the Weymouth back to Westbury for a following Pad service which was being diverted via Bristol. A few of us stayed on the stricken HST (High Speed Train), eventually a fitter arrived by road from Bristol fixed the problem and we were in Taunton an hour before everyone else Shocked
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 10:33:06 by Kernowman » Logged
TaplowGreen
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 18, 2015, 05:51:50 »

21:45 Penzance to London Paddington due 05:23
This train has been delayed from Penzance and is now 112 minutes late.
This is due to a train fault.

.........a lie-in for some this morning!!!
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #182 on: March 18, 2015, 05:59:15 »

21:45 Penzance to London Paddington due 05:23
This train has been delayed from Penzance and is now 112 minutes late.
This is due to a train fault.

.........a lie-in for some this morning!!!

Currently at Slough (at 05:53) ... should be in Paddington in the next 25 minutes - around half the lateness recovered.  Hope they don't lie in too long or they'll b back out at Old Oak!

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
Super Guard

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 18, 2015, 09:12:09 »

49 late at Paddington.

Fault reported as something to do with GSMR Radio.

Any opinions made on this forum are purely personal and my own.  I am in no way speaking for, or offering the views of First Great Western or First Group.

If my employer feels I have broken any aspect of the Social Media Policy, please PM me immediately, so I can rectify without delay.
Palfers

palfers19289@live.com
View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 22, 2015, 20:30:16 »

Ok fitter already been called to tonight's up sleeper and we haven't left pz yet can't be to bad cus he only had a couple of screwdrivers with him ain't surprised though it is a drs loco on the front! Will update when we have left!
Palfers

palfers19289@live.com
View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 22, 2015, 21:24:27 »

Ok so we haven't left yet there is a outstanding brake issue and also gsmr is playing up!!
Palfers

palfers19289@live.com
View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 22, 2015, 21:57:10 »

Loco failed now a hst when it arrives
Chris from Nailsea
Administrator

I am not railway staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #187 on: March 22, 2015, 21:58:26 »

Oh, no.  Roll Eyes Shocked

William Huskisson MP (Member of Parliament) was the first person to be killed by a train while crossing the tracks, in 1830.  Many more have died in the same way since then.  Don't take a chance: stop, look, listen.

"Level crossings are safe, unless they are used in an unsafe manner."  Discuss.
Palfers

palfers19289@live.com
View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 22, 2015, 22:30:31 »

Finally on the move on a replacement hst feel sorry for people who had a sleeper birth booked
Kernowman

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 23, 2015, 02:53:33 »

Oh dear!
Did do you have to wait for an incoming HST (High Speed Train) to arrive to form the replacement or did they use one off Longrock? Longrock should have three HSTs on a Sunday prior to the sleepers departure time, with a further two arriving later.  Shocked

Km
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 02:59:56 by Kernowman » Logged
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #190 on: March 23, 2015, 04:58:36 »

70 late off Penzance ... and just arrived into Paddington 12 minutes early at 04:55  Roll Eyes

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
Timmer
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 23, 2015, 05:47:43 »

Let's hope when they announce the franchise extension in the next few days it includes what they intend to do about motive power for the sleeper service as this is becoming ridiculous.
TaplowGreen
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 23, 2015, 05:50:58 »

Sleepless night for many no doubt

0509 PLY» (Plymouth - next trains)-PAD» (Paddington (London) - next trains) starting from Exeter this morning so I'm guessing that was the HST (High Speed Train) set that got pinched........I can't imagine it being a pleasant journey this morning for those expected to cram onto the 0530 at Plymouth......what a start to the week.

grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #193 on: March 23, 2015, 06:43:04 »

0509 PLY» (Plymouth - next trains)-PAD» (Paddington (London) - next trains) starting from Exeter this morning so I'm guessing that was the HST (High Speed Train) set that got pinched........I can't imagine it being a pleasant journey this morning for those expected to cram onto the 0530 at Plymouth......what a start to the week.

I'm not sure that the 05:09 would be terribly busy before Exeter?   It's the service that goes via Bristol and the 05:30 gets to Reading and London first, so the loss i doing to most effect those from south of Exeter travelling to stations between Bridgewater and Swindon / Didcot, and connecting on northwards.

Palfers

palfers19289@live.com
View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 23, 2015, 07:11:27 »

Oh dear!
Did do you have to wait for an incoming HST (High Speed Train) to arrive to form the replacement or did they use one off Longrock? Longrock should have three HSTs on a Sunday prior to the sleepers departure time, with a further two arriving later.  Shocked

Km

We had to wait for a hst from long rock wich needed servicing and most importantly fuel!
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 63
  Print  

Jump to: