Read about the forum [here].
Register [here] - it's free.
What do I gain from registering? [here]
 02/06/24 - Summer Timetable starts
17/08/24 - Bus to Imber
27/09/25 - 200 years of passenger trains

On this day
16th Apr (1987)
~ Tulyar arrives at Swanley New Barn Railway (link)

Train RunningCancelled
12:22 Basingstoke to Reading
12:35 Barnstaple to Exeter Central
22:28 London Paddington to Bristol Temple Meads
22:44 Taunton to Bristol Temple Meads
17/04/24 00:45 London Paddington to Reading
Short Run
11:35 Barnstaple to Exeter Central
12:14 Exeter Central to Barnstaple
13:12 Exeter Central to Barnstaple
13:35 Barnstaple to Exeter Central
15:28 London Paddington to Weston-Super-Mare
18:29 Weston-Super-Mare to London Paddington
19:56 Cardiff Central to Taunton
23:24 Didcot Parkway to London Paddington
Delayed
12:15 London Paddington to Cardiff Central
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 16, 2024, 12:48:06 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[163] Problems with the Night Riviera sleeper - December 2014 onward...
[141] New station at Ashley Down, Bristol
[129] Okehampton
[49] Proposals for open access services on new routes
[46] Ferry just cancelled - train tickets will be useless - advice?
[44] Is any one attending the TWSW(friday)?

News: A forum for passengers ... with input from rail professionals welcomed too

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Open Train Times live signalling maps  (Read 48355 times)
SandTEngineer

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2017, 20:26:13 »

......and Patchway Junction is completely missing..... Roll Eyes
JayMac
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2017, 20:42:36 »

... and the stations don't yet have platform numbers.

But I'm sure Poggs will be along soon to rectify.  Wink

"Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the rest of the day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Sir Terry Pratchett.
martyjon
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2017, 09:40:25 »

.... and so are Patchway station and Patchway tunnels. The station which should be positioned between berth for signal 1536 and 1526.

Just watched 3X09 IEP (Intercity Express Program / Project.) test working  stood at signal 1526 when signal 1536 turned green and 2C67 occupied the berth for that signal thus giving the impression that 2C67 was going to rear shunt 3X09 but 2C67 disappeared so I assume Patchway Junction is at this position.

In the down direction headcodes appear in the berth for signal 1003 so I assume in the down direction Patchway Junction lies between signals 1003 and 1533.

Finally for my twopennyworth the berths at Bristol Parkway could be realigned to the platforms.
IndustryInsider
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2018, 14:20:13 »

The Paddington map on OTT (Open Train Times website) hasn't been updated yet, looks like Poggs is taking a bit of a break to work on projects that earn him money as there's been no updates since October.  Hopefully an update will follow shortly.  In the meantime, there is a void that up trains disappear into when they are approaching Paddington as a new signal section has been inserted, and the track layout is now quite substantially altered in the area.  The Railcam maps (which has a small annual subscription) have been fully updated.

To view my GWML (Great Western Main Line) Electrification cab video 'before and after' video comparison, as well as other videos of the new layout at Reading and 'before and after' comparisons of the Cotswold Line Redoubling scheme, see: http://www.dailymotion.com/user/IndustryInsider/
SandTEngineer

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2018, 18:19:58 »

...although RAILCAM hasn't yet caught up with the Bristol Parkway changes that happened over the xmas/new year break... Roll Eyes
W5tRailfinder

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2018, 14:33:15 »

Paddington map now updated with the Crossrail connection + signalling.

Also added are the missing SN** signals towards Greenford East; the new Up Main to Down Relief Crossover at Kensal Green; the new Up signal (SN126) on the Down Relief at Kensal Green; the signalling changes at Royal Oak sidings - however Poggs has missed the new crossover into Line 6 prior to SN26.
rower40
Transport Scholar

Turning signalling into a video game since 1988.

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2018, 14:56:40 »

... the signalling changes at Royal Oak sidings - however Poggs has missed the new crossover into Line 6 prior to SN26.

Now that would be an interesting flyover!  I think you mean Line 1 not Line 6.  It's the re-instated P8009.  These points got removed after the resignalling that re-instated Ladbroke Grove, because the steam-8086-powered SSI (Solid State Interlocking) didn't have enough capacity for both the additional signalling protection at Ladbroke, and all the routes from platforms 2-5 to Royal Oak Sidings.  Now that the interlocking has been re-platformed (ho ho!), there's enough space and processing capacity to have these back again.
W5tRailfinder

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2018, 15:30:59 »

I certainly did mean Line 1 - had Line 6 on my mind for some reason.

If you want to see a OTT (Open Train Times website) work of art - I suggest you look at the new London Bridge map on the Kent area maps.
IndustryInsider
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2018, 20:56:57 »

Latest update includes route indications at Didcot Parkway and the surrounding area.  Hopefully route indications at Reading (and Oxford when it’s resignalled in July) will follow as they are most useful.

To view my GWML (Great Western Main Line) Electrification cab video 'before and after' video comparison, as well as other videos of the new layout at Reading and 'before and after' comparisons of the Cotswold Line Redoubling scheme, see: http://www.dailymotion.com/user/IndustryInsider/
JayMac
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2018, 23:46:20 »

An alternative I've started using, covering the whole UK (United Kingdom), is:

https://traksy.uk/live

"Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the rest of the day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Sir Terry Pratchett.
bobm
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2018, 11:40:15 »

I really hope this is an "indications" failure and not the situation at Thingley Junction....

SandTEngineer

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2018, 12:10:46 »

I think RTT» (Real Time Trains - website) has gone out of step (pun intended) with the TD database.  The TD maps on RAILCAM seem to be OK.
bobm
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2018, 11:14:09 »

Latest addition to the Open Train Times map family is the area from Bristol Temple Meads down to Cogload Junction (exclusive)

https://www.opentraintimes.com/maps/signalling/bristoltm
SandTEngineer

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2018, 13:57:39 »

......and the resignalled Oxford area: http://www.opentraintimes.com/maps/signalling/oxford
rower40
Transport Scholar

Turning signalling into a video game since 1988.

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2018, 17:22:13 »

Latest addition to the Open Train Times map family is the area from Bristol Temple Meads down to Cogload Junction (exclusive)

https://www.opentraintimes.com/maps/signalling/bristoltm
Just in time for it, and then the adjacent Parkway map, to need updating when Filton bank gets, yes you guessed it, four-tracked!
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to: