Read about the forum [here].
Register [here] - it's free.
What do I gain from registering? [here]
 02/06/24 - Summer Timetable starts
17/08/24 - Bus to Imber
27/09/25 - 200 years of passenger trains

On this day
29th Mar (1913)
Foundation of National Union or Railwaymen (*)

Train RunningCancelled
06:30 Bristol Temple Meads to London Paddington
07:20 Reading to Gatwick Airport
07:22 Newbury to Bedwyn
07:49 Bedwyn to Newbury
08:13 Newbury to Bedwyn
08:46 Bedwyn to Newbury
09:00 Gatwick Airport to Reading
09:54 Bedwyn to Newbury
10:22 Newbury to Bedwyn
11:29 Newbury to Bedwyn
11:57 Bedwyn to Newbury
12:52 Bedwyn to Newbury
Short Run
04:54 Plymouth to London Paddington
05:23 Hereford to London Paddington
05:33 Plymouth to London Paddington
05:55 Plymouth to London Paddington
06:37 Plymouth to London Paddington
07:03 London Paddington to Paignton
07:24 Exmouth to Paignton
07:38 Bristol Temple Meads to Penzance
07:40 Bristol Temple Meads to Westbury
08:35 Plymouth to London Paddington
10:35 London Paddington to Exeter St Davids
12:15 Penzance to London Paddington
Delayed
23:45 London Paddington to Penzance
05:03 Penzance to London Paddington
06:05 Penzance to London Paddington
07:10 Penzance to London Paddington
08:03 London Paddington to Penzance
08:15 Penzance to London Paddington
09:04 London Paddington to Plymouth
09:37 London Paddington to Paignton
10:04 London Paddington to Penzance
11:03 London Paddington to Plymouth
PollsOpen and recent polls
Closed 2024-03-25 Easter Escape - to where?
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
March 29, 2024, 07:41:41 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[82] would you like your own LIVE train station departure board?
[76] West Wiltshire Bus Changes April 2024
[74] Reversing Beeching - bring heritage and freight lines into the...
[67] Return of the BRUTE?
[57] Infrastructure problems in Thames Valley causing disruption el...
[46] 2024 - Service update and amendment log, Swindon <-> Westbury...

News: A forum for passengers ... with input from rail professionals welcomed too

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20
  Print  
Author Topic: GWR Performance Figures  (Read 113242 times)
Oxonhutch
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 14, 2017, 11:19:50 »

Is there any idea how close to a 10% discount trigger Smiley we are on the London Thames Valley routes?

Renewal time comes shortly.  Sad
ChrisB
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #136 on: December 14, 2017, 11:37:07 »

Are there a new set of stats due before 01/01/2018?
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #137 on: December 14, 2017, 11:38:36 »

Are there a new set of stats due before 01/01/2018?

The attached?

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
ChrisB
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #138 on: December 14, 2017, 12:00:27 »

Looks as though you're 0.3% out on your 10% if renewing before the price rise then.
Oxonhutch
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 14, 2017, 17:27:55 »

Is that not 0.3% in my favour? LTV (London [and] Thames Valley) looks below target on both counts.
NickB

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 14, 2017, 17:34:40 »

Is that not 0.3% in my favour? LTV (London [and] Thames Valley) looks below target on both counts.

That's my interpretation too. 
"If we fell below the trigger percentage in the last 12 months, we’ll give you 5% off your next season ticket. If we miss both the punctuality and the reliability targets, and fall below both triggers, we’ll give you 10%"

LTV are currently missing punctuality by a country mile and reliability by 0.3%.  Awesome.
NickB

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 14, 2017, 17:44:30 »

Oops - hang on - this is the difference between Target and Trigger.  LTV (London [and] Thames Valley) and HSS (High Speed Services) are below the Target but haven't broken the Trigger levels.
Also, the Reliability ACTUAL for HSS above is 98.1% whereas GWR (Great Western Railway) record this as 99.1% - above the Trigger.

So everything is fine for GWR and its only their regular 5% discount offered (plus 2 void days).  Lying cheats.  Embarrassed
Birdie100

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 14, 2017, 19:09:59 »

The triggers are on the 12 month moving average I believe. So wales gets a 5pc discount for reliability. LTV (London [and] Thames Valley) is significantly above trigger at 98.5pc. Also can't work out whether it's better to take 2 extra days on the next ticket or just take the cash...

At the rate this is going in the next 3-4 years I will end up paying the higher season ticket price...
IndustryInsider
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 14, 2017, 21:38:47 »

Any season tickets discounts are based on a 12 month average.  It would have taken an awful month for LTV (London [and] Thames Valley) to fall below the reliability trigger and mean a 10% discount.

I’ll get round to my usual monthly analysis as soon as I have time.

To view my GWML (Great Western Main Line) Electrification cab video 'before and after' video comparison, as well as other videos of the new layout at Reading and 'before and after' comparisons of the Cotswold Line Redoubling scheme, see: http://www.dailymotion.com/user/IndustryInsider/
IndustryInsider
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 22, 2017, 11:24:36 »

A poor month for reliability and punctuality as cancellations continued to plague most routes.  The two sets in danger last month (Bristol Suburban reliability, and South Wales to South Coast punctuality) just managed to keep above their trigger discount levels (by 0.2% and 0.1% respectively) so there's no 10% renewal discounts for the large percentage of season ticket holders that renew over the new year.

5% discounts are to be given to the following:

High Speed services - punctuality 0.8% below trigger
London-Thames Valley services - punctuality 6% below trigger
Bristol Suburban - punctuality 1.1% below trigger
Plymouth & Cornwall - punctuality 1.1% below trigger
South Wales to South Coast - reliability 0.3% below trigger

Latest punctuality graphs are attached, which actually see rises in the MAA (Moving Annual Average) figures in many cases, due to being better than the corresponding month last year.  LTV (London [and] Thames Valley) Punctuality was a massive 7% better than this time last year!

To view my GWML (Great Western Main Line) Electrification cab video 'before and after' video comparison, as well as other videos of the new layout at Reading and 'before and after' comparisons of the Cotswold Line Redoubling scheme, see: http://www.dailymotion.com/user/IndustryInsider/
IndustryInsider
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 16, 2018, 15:00:52 »

Latest period results are in, and again make sober reading for GWR (Great Western Railway).

Bristol Suburban reliability hit the trigger point, and is already triggering punctuality, so that's 10% off season renewals.  The other one teetering on the edge last month was Wales to South Coast punctuality and that also is now triggering, so a 5% discount.

The punctuality for HSS (High Speed Services) and LTV (London [and] Thames Valley) was very poor again, HSS Peak PPM(resolve) dropped below 80% to 79.5% and LTV recorded a pitiful 65.8% - not surprisingly that dragged the Moving Annual Average (MAA (Moving Annual Average)) down too.  See the graphs attached for an indication of how comparatively bad that was.  I've had to alter the axis of the LTV graph so that 65.8% is showing!

All-day Right Time and PPM figures were also very low, with less than 30% of HSS trains arriving at their destination on time as the crisis deepens within GWR.

I don't use the word 'crisis' lightly, and to see just how things have gotten worse, check out the last of the three graphs, which shows the MAA figures at the end of the year (so in effect, an annual performance average) of the Charter PPM figures for each of the sectors.  Aside from Plymouth & Cornwall, all sectors took a tumble, HSS by -1.6%, LTV -2.8%, Bristol -3.7%, Devon -1.2%, and Wales to South Coast -3.6%.

GWR needs to get its act together.  And fast!

t0m

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 17, 2018, 00:03:39 »

Oh dear oh dear..and based on my experience of commuting on HSS (High Speed Services), they have had a very poor start to the year too!
Phantom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 17, 2018, 10:34:05 »

Latest period results are in, and again make sober reading for GWR (Great Western Railway).

Bristol Suburban reliability hit the trigger point, and is already triggering punctuality, so that's 10% off season renewals. 

Excuse my ignorance, but where does this cover?
Is this between Weston and Temple Meads?
IndustryInsider
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 17, 2018, 19:33:46 »

Good question, Phantom.

I believe ‘Bristol Suburban’ covers services over the following routes:

Bristol to Avonmouth/Severn Beach
Weston SM to Bristol TM(resolve)/Bristol Parkway
Cardiff to Taunton
Weymouth/Brighton/Westbury via Bristol to Gloucester/Worcester/Malvern

Happy to be corrected on that score though.

There is certainly inconsistencies over what is what though - if you have a season from Bath Spa to Bristol you could travel on services that come under Bristol Suburban, HSS (High Speed Services) or Wales to South Coast, so if anybody could clarify what happens in those circumstances it’d good to know.

Similarly what happens if you had a Chippenham to Avonmouth season ticket?

initiation

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 20, 2018, 09:25:01 »

Well at least if it carries on until the beginning of April I will get a 10% discount. I assume they need a few stellar performing months to drag the average up (not just average performamce).
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20
  Print  

Jump to: