Train GraphicClick on the map to explore geographics

I need help
FAQ
Emergency
About .
Travel & transport from BBC stories as at 11:35 28 Mar 2024
* Manhunt after stabbing in front of train passengers
- How do I renew my UK passport and what is the 10-year rule?
* Easter travel warning as millions set to hit roads
Read about the forum [here].
Register [here] - it's free.
What do I gain from registering? [here]
 02/06/24 - Summer Timetable starts
17/08/24 - Bus to Imber
27/09/25 - 200 years of passenger trains

On this day
28th Mar (1988)
Formal end to carrying coffins by BR (link)

Train RunningCancelled
09:29 Weston-Super-Mare to London Paddington
10:15 London Paddington to Cardiff Central
10:30 London Paddington to Weston-Super-Mare
10:41 Cardiff Central to London Paddington
11:00 Bristol Temple Meads to London Paddington
11:05 Swindon to Westbury
11:16 London Paddington to Cardiff Central
11:23 Weston-Super-Mare to London Paddington
11:30 London Paddington to Bristol Temple Meads
11:50 Cardiff Central to London Paddington
12:15 London Paddington to Cardiff Central
12:17 Westbury to Swindon
12:30 London Paddington to Weston-Super-Mare
13:15 Swindon to Westbury
14:19 Westbury to Swindon
15:14 Swindon to Westbury
Short Run
06:00 London Paddington to Penzance
06:05 Penzance to London Paddington
07:33 Weymouth to Gloucester
08:03 London Paddington to Penzance
09:50 Cardiff Central to London Paddington
10:35 London Paddington to Exeter St Davids
10:55 Paignton to London Paddington
11:12 Salisbury to Bristol Temple Meads
11:23 Portsmouth Harbour to Cardiff Central
12:03 London Paddington to Penzance
Delayed
07:10 Penzance to London Paddington
08:23 Portsmouth Harbour to Cardiff Central
08:35 Plymouth to London Paddington
08:48 London Paddington to Swansea
09:04 London Paddington to Plymouth
09:30 Weymouth to Gloucester
09:37 London Paddington to Paignton
09:51 Warminster to Gloucester
10:04 London Paddington to Penzance
13:03 London Paddington to Plymouth
PollsOpen and recent polls
Closed 2024-03-25 Easter Escape - to where?
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
March 28, 2024, 11:38:54 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[161] West Wiltshire Bus Changes April 2024
[91] would you like your own LIVE train station departure board?
[62] Return of the BRUTE?
[53] If not HS2 to Manchester, how will traffic be carried?
[49] Infrastructure problems in Thames Valley causing disruption el...
[38] Reversing Beeching - bring heritage and freight lines into the...

News: A forum for passengers ... with input from rail professionals welcomed too

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20
  Print  
Author Topic: GWR Performance Figures  (Read 113214 times)
bobm
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: July 04, 2018, 16:58:12 »

Not so much hijacking - more "amplifying".   Smiley
YouKnowNothing

View Profile Email
« Reply #181 on: July 06, 2018, 11:57:34 »

New set of annual figures have been released today by TOC (Train Operating Company).

In the category for delay there is a significant increase in delays attributes to 'operations. What does this include? It can't include the train crew shortage as surely this is covered by train crew
YouKnowNothing

View Profile Email
« Reply #182 on: July 06, 2018, 13:01:59 »

Here is the link for those interested  - http://orr.gov.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/28190/great-western-railway-factsheet-1718.pdf
IndustryInsider
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 06, 2018, 13:55:37 »

So, a 50% increase in self-inflicted delays.  Caused by the multitude of reasons we've been discussing and getting frustrated about over the last year or so.

To view my GWML (Great Western Main Line) Electrification cab video 'before and after' video comparison, as well as other videos of the new layout at Reading and 'before and after' comparisons of the Cotswold Line Redoubling scheme, see: http://www.dailymotion.com/user/IndustryInsider/
YouKnowNothing

View Profile Email
« Reply #184 on: July 06, 2018, 15:34:30 »

Interesting that the number of complaints being answered within the 20 day time period has gone up. Is that GWR (Great Western Railway) accepting the fact that the service has gone up in smoke?

Also does anyone have a narrative for what each category of delay entails? Would love to know what falls in to operations?
ChrisB
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #185 on: July 06, 2018, 15:47:04 »

Simply got the staffing numbers right at last, I reckon.

The number of appeals to Transport Focus appear to have dropped at last too.
IndustryInsider
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 15, 2018, 17:06:28 »

Here's the latest official stats from GWR (Great Western Railway) as they continue to plod along slowly getting worse in terms of punctuality and cancellations with all MAA (Moving Annual Average) categories falling across the whole franchise with the exception of Devon reliability which stayed the same.

Of special note was the appalling 74.4% punctuality recorded on the South Wales/South Coast charter group, which caused the MAA to drop by a whole percent and is 20% below what were excellent figures being typically achieved a couple of years ago.  Bristol punctuality was also very poor at just 67% again well below the results in the 90% mark regularly being achieved just over a year ago.

In terms of charter discounts, Plymouth/Cornwall reliability, which has dropped 0.5% since the turn of the year in terms of the MAA, only needs to drop a further 0.2% to trigger 5% season ticket renewals.

Usual graphs attached...

To view my GWML (Great Western Main Line) Electrification cab video 'before and after' video comparison, as well as other videos of the new layout at Reading and 'before and after' comparisons of the Cotswold Line Redoubling scheme, see: http://www.dailymotion.com/user/IndustryInsider/
SandTEngineer

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 15, 2018, 18:59:04 »

Thanks for your update again, II.  I have liked your post above not because of its content, but to thank you for continuing to post the figures here for all to see.  Otherwise, appalling service from GWR (Great Western Railway) (again), and it looks as if its still heading downhill as we speak.... Roll Eyes
Visoflex

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 17, 2018, 10:58:05 »

But the gravy train still runs to time.. Sad
devonexpress

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 17, 2018, 15:05:57 »

To be honest with you is it GWR (Great Western Railway) that's getting worse or is it the direct result of the idiotic IEP (Intercity Express Program / Project.) program managed by the government? GWR are having to rush training to ensure these expensive trains get used asap and lots of rolling stock leaving when it is really needed because of the screw up in the electrification, meaning not enough stock to cover defects with trains?

Not sayings its not GWR's fault, but a lot is out of their hands. I personally think if more 9 car iet's had been ordered and only a few 5 cars had been ordered instead a lot of the problems wouldn't be happening.
bobm
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 17, 2018, 17:12:43 »

I suspect the drop in reliability on the Portsmouth/Cardiff group has a lot to do with the IET (Intercity Express Train) programme.  Westbury depot has 52 drivers who have all needed training on the newly cascaded turbos.  The basic training has been completed but some still need to go through training on coupling units.  Other depots have had similar issues.

There has also been an issue with certain turbos not allowed through the Severn Tunnel (sometimes at short notice) which has meant part cancellations if no other stock can be found.  If one of the internal doors between the carriages is faulty it is not allowed through the tunnel.   GWR (Great Western Railway) tried to get a derogation but were denied.  When the units ran in the Thames Valley it wasn't so much of a problem and getting parts to repair them has proved difficult.
broadgage
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 17, 2018, 17:58:41 »

To be honest with you is it GWR (Great Western Railway) that's getting worse or is it the direct result of the idiotic IEP (Intercity Express Program / Project.) program managed by the government? GWR are having to rush training to ensure these expensive trains get used asap and lots of rolling stock leaving when it is really needed because of the screw up in the electrification, meaning not enough stock to cover defects with trains?

Not sayings its not GWR's fault, but a lot is out of their hands. I personally think if more 9 car iet's had been ordered and only a few 5 cars had been ordered instead a lot of the problems wouldn't be happening.

I largely agree.
However I do not mind blaming GWR at least to an extent. They kept advertising the wonderful new trains and implying that THEY  were funding these improvements. So now it has gone wrong, they should take SOME of the blame.

And yes the new trains should have been mainly full length with a minority of short units.

A proper intercity train has a minimum of 8 coaches, gangwayed throughout, with first at one end, and a full sized buffet car between first and standard.
It has space for cycles, surfboards,luggage etc.
A 5 car DMU (Diesel Multiple Unit) is not a proper inter-city train. The 5+5 and 9 car DMUs are almost as bad.
devonexpress

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 18, 2018, 00:56:14 »

I largely agree.
However I do not mind blaming GWR (Great Western Railway) at least to an extent. They kept advertising the wonderful new trains and implying that THEY  were funding these improvements. So now it has gone wrong, they should take SOME of the blame.

Technically the did, they've been paying the government for the franchise since 1996, that money is probably enough to go at least 50/50 with the government, if not paying for all these improvements in full maybe more. Although the famous five campaign is horrible, bring back the Great Westerner's campaign is all i can say, I know Prince Charles was a fan of it.
IndustryInsider
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 25, 2018, 11:28:25 »

Here are the latest graphs.  Two months for the price of one as I was a bit slow adding the stats from two months ago.

Encouraging signs?  The figures from three periods ago perhaps saw a bottoming out of performance and reliability as both subsequent periods generally saw improving figures - much improved in some cases at around 10% better.  Before we start to cheer too loudly though, these figures are still generally below where they were this time last year, so, as you can see, the Moving Annual Average continued its downward trend in all metrics over those two periods.  Real problems began in the November period last year, so I would expect the MAA (Moving Annual Average)'s to drop further next time around, but then stabilise and hopefully start to rise again.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 12:25:35 by IndustryInsider » Logged

CMRail
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 25, 2018, 16:35:21 »

A very well needed and noticed HSS (High Speed Services) change.
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20
  Print  

Jump to: