Train GraphicClick on the map to explore geographics

I need help
FAQ
Emergency
About .
Travel & transport from BBC stories as at 12:55 28 Mar 2024
* Man held over stabbing in front of train passengers
- How do I renew my UK passport and what is the 10-year rule?
- Easter travel warning as millions set to hit roads
Read about the forum [here].
Register [here] - it's free.
What do I gain from registering? [here]
 02/06/24 - Summer Timetable starts
17/08/24 - Bus to Imber
27/09/25 - 200 years of passenger trains

On this day
28th Mar (1988)
Woman found murdered on Orpington to London train (*)

Train RunningCancelled
11:16 London Paddington to Cardiff Central
11:23 Weston-Super-Mare to London Paddington
11:30 London Paddington to Bristol Temple Meads
11:50 Cardiff Central to London Paddington
Additional 12:07 Bristol Temple Meads to Gloucester
12:15 London Paddington to Cardiff Central
12:17 Westbury to Swindon
12:30 London Paddington to Weston-Super-Mare
13:00 Bristol Temple Meads to London Paddington
13:15 Swindon to Westbury
13:26 Weston-Super-Mare to London Paddington
14:19 Westbury to Swindon
15:14 Swindon to Westbury
Short Run
07:10 Penzance to London Paddington
08:03 London Paddington to Penzance
09:30 Weymouth to Gloucester
10:35 London Paddington to Exeter St Davids
10:55 Paignton to London Paddington
11:23 Portsmouth Harbour to Cardiff Central
11:41 Bristol Temple Meads to Salisbury
11:48 London Paddington to Carmarthen
12:03 London Paddington to Penzance
12:12 Salisbury to Bristol Temple Meads
12:32 Exeter Central to Okehampton
12:46 Avonmouth to Weston-Super-Mare
13:03 London Paddington to Plymouth
13:07 Salisbury to Bristol Temple Meads
13:10 Gloucester to Weymouth
13:26 Okehampton to Exeter Central
16:19 Carmarthen to London Paddington
Delayed
09:37 London Paddington to Paignton
10:04 London Paddington to Penzance
10:23 Portsmouth Harbour to Cardiff Central
11:29 Weymouth to Gloucester
11:30 Cardiff Central to Portsmouth Harbour
12:27 Okehampton to Exeter Central
12:28 Plymouth to Gunnislake
12:30 Cardiff Central to Portsmouth Harbour
14:30 Cardiff Central to Portsmouth Harbour
PollsOpen and recent polls
Closed 2024-03-25 Easter Escape - to where?
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
March 28, 2024, 13:01:28 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[151] West Wiltshire Bus Changes April 2024
[85] would you like your own LIVE train station departure board?
[58] Return of the BRUTE?
[49] If not HS2 to Manchester, how will traffic be carried?
[46] Infrastructure problems in Thames Valley causing disruption el...
[36] Reversing Beeching - bring heritage and freight lines into the...

News: A forum for passengers ... with input from rail professionals welcomed too

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 63
  Print  
Author Topic: MetroBus  (Read 236421 times)
TonyK
Global Moderator

The artist formerly known as Four Track, Now!

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: March 28, 2018, 16:40:43 »

So, why can't we in Greater Bristol, have Avon Transport Executive?

**Cough, cough!** **Splutter!** **Etc!**

Did someone just say the thrice-cursed A-word?

Any mention of any form of a transport executive has South Glos and north somerset councils frothing at the mouth and shouting "Avon! Remember Avon!!!"

Now, I shall have to wash the tea from my living room wall, and make myself another cuppa.

Now, please!
johnneyw
Transport Scholar

From station to station, back to Bristol city....

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 28, 2018, 22:16:00 »

More concerns about Megabust, this time from the WECA» (West of England Combined Authority - about) scrutineers.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/metrobus-bosses-have-misled-people-1396437
trainer

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 28, 2018, 22:37:15 »

It appears from the image printed with the article that the buses 'could look like' left-hand drive vehicles.  I wonder if arranging for the buses to drive on the opposite side of the road to the rest of the traffic could be the main issue causing the delay?
stuving
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 28, 2018, 22:49:30 »

It appears from the image printed with the article that the buses 'could look like' left-hand drive vehicles.  I wonder if arranging for the buses to drive on the opposite side of the road to the rest of the traffic could be the main issue causing the delay?

Not as big a delay as running them in Nantes! The cut-and-paste merchants in the Bristol post couldn't even be bothered to cover up the branding as TAN (Transports de l'agglomération Nantaise) Busway.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 23:02:47 by stuving » Logged
TonyK
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 28, 2018, 23:15:29 »

More concerns about Megabust, this time from the WECA» (West of England Combined Authority - about) scrutineers.

You could get in bother using that name. It's MetroBust.  Grin

Cllr Clarke is of the Green persuasion, and is often heard saying he has been misled. In this case, he is absolutely right, and he is in the perfect place to ask some serious questions. However, he performs intensive scrutiny on WECA, using an intensive scrute, and the new Metro Mayor Tim Bowles will say he inherited it, although he does want to open six more MetroBust routes.

New railways follow the Governance for Railway Investment Projects guidelines, and were this a railway, it would be at the latter end of GRIP (Guide to Railway Investment Projects) 6: Construction, Testing and Commission. But MetroBust is governed by the Conventions on Regulation of Automotive Projects, and is in the middle of CRAP 5: Denial, Misleading, and Blame Shifting. Everyone still involved in this shambles will start trying to blame everybody else.

Now, please!
johnneyw
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 28, 2018, 23:38:11 »

Another new acronym there. DMBS!

Edit: Lazy spolling.
Red Squirrel
Administrator

There are some who call me... Tim

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 30, 2018, 00:25:00 »

...new Metro Mayor Tim Bowles...

Just to be clear, Peter Bowles is not the new Metro Mayor. It just seems like that because he doesn't appear to have done much in the good God is it really nearly a year that he has been in office.

Things take longer to happen than you think they will, and then they happen faster than you thought they could.
martyjon
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 30, 2018, 06:58:58 »

Just to be clear, Peter Bowles is not the new Metro Mayor. It just seems like that because he doesn't appear to have done much in the good God is it really nearly a year that he has been in office.

Who is Peter Bowles then ?
Surrey 455

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 30, 2018, 09:35:39 »

An actor. Best known for the sitcoms "Only When I Laugh" and "To The Manor Born"
martyjon
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 30, 2018, 10:48:13 »

An actor. Best known for the sitcoms "Only When I Laugh" ....

Oh. I see, "only when I laugh", synonymous with Metrobu*(*), "now don't make me laugh".
chuffed

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 04, 2018, 18:18:06 »

Tuesday 29th May given as the start date for the Emersons Green - Centre route via UWE.
Introductory offer of 13 free days of transport until June 9th.
TonyK
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 04, 2018, 19:14:07 »

Rather generous start-up offer. I'm sure Nottingham's trams were free for a day. This could be an anti-climax, time will tell. 3 buses per hour doesn't sound very Metro though, and there is no Sunday service.

Now, please!
simonw

View Profile Email
« Reply #282 on: April 04, 2018, 20:43:55 »

And First West to run the service, what a surprise.

With a 20 minute interval service, what will happen to the X48? The route is virtually identical.
johnneyw
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 04, 2018, 21:25:53 »

Elephants coming to Bristol, white ones I fear.
martyjon
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 05, 2018, 03:58:09 »

And First West to run the service, what a surprise.

With a 20 minute interval service, what will happen to the X48? The route is virtually identical.

Service UWE from Frenchay campas also follows same route and frequency reduced to every 20 minutes from end of April.

Is that the ploy by the promoters, withdraw th X48 and UWE services and replace those services with MetroBus route M3 with free travel for the first 13 days and hey presto they will proclaim instant success with Joe Public of MetroBus.

I bet we won't hear a peep out of the MetroBus promoters after the free trial period when patronage drops off due to the higher fares and users revert back to using the 5, 47, 48, 48A, 49, 70, 71, 72 and new route 49A as I have heard that the cost of a dayrider will be the same as the Bristol Outer Zone Dayrider at £6.40 compared with the Bristol Inner Zone Dayrider at £4.00 currently available on both the X48 and the UWE services.
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 63
  Print  

Jump to: