Train GraphicClick on the map to explore geographics

I need help
FAQ
Emergency
About .
Travel & transport from BBC stories as at 11:35 28 Mar 2024
* Manhunt after stabbing in front of train passengers
- How do I renew my UK passport and what is the 10-year rule?
* Easter travel warning as millions set to hit roads
Read about the forum [here].
Register [here] - it's free.
What do I gain from registering? [here]
 02/06/24 - Summer Timetable starts
17/08/24 - Bus to Imber
27/09/25 - 200 years of passenger trains

On this day
28th Mar (1988)
Woman found murdered on Orpington to London train (*)

Train RunningCancelled
09:29 Weston-Super-Mare to London Paddington
10:15 London Paddington to Cardiff Central
10:30 London Paddington to Weston-Super-Mare
10:41 Cardiff Central to London Paddington
11:00 Bristol Temple Meads to London Paddington
11:05 Swindon to Westbury
11:16 London Paddington to Cardiff Central
11:23 Weston-Super-Mare to London Paddington
11:30 London Paddington to Bristol Temple Meads
11:50 Cardiff Central to London Paddington
12:15 London Paddington to Cardiff Central
12:17 Westbury to Swindon
12:30 London Paddington to Weston-Super-Mare
13:15 Swindon to Westbury
14:19 Westbury to Swindon
15:14 Swindon to Westbury
Short Run
06:00 London Paddington to Penzance
08:03 London Paddington to Penzance
09:50 Cardiff Central to London Paddington
10:35 London Paddington to Exeter St Davids
10:55 Paignton to London Paddington
11:12 Salisbury to Bristol Temple Meads
11:23 Portsmouth Harbour to Cardiff Central
12:03 London Paddington to Penzance
Delayed
07:10 Penzance to London Paddington
08:23 Portsmouth Harbour to Cardiff Central
08:35 Plymouth to London Paddington
08:48 London Paddington to Swansea
09:04 London Paddington to Plymouth
09:30 Weymouth to Gloucester
09:37 London Paddington to Paignton
09:51 Warminster to Gloucester
10:04 London Paddington to Penzance
13:03 London Paddington to Plymouth
PollsOpen and recent polls
Closed 2024-03-25 Easter Escape - to where?
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
March 28, 2024, 11:42:01 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[161] West Wiltshire Bus Changes April 2024
[91] would you like your own LIVE train station departure board?
[62] Return of the BRUTE?
[53] If not HS2 to Manchester, how will traffic be carried?
[49] Infrastructure problems in Thames Valley causing disruption el...
[38] Reversing Beeching - bring heritage and freight lines into the...

News: the Great Western Coffee Shop ... keeping you up to date with travel around the South West

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 63
  Print  
Author Topic: MetroBus  (Read 236409 times)
Red Squirrel
Administrator

There are some who call me... Tim

View Profile
« Reply #825 on: December 22, 2018, 13:39:41 »

...By the way, can I make a request to First Bus, I am fed up viewing the video on these lovely SCANIA buses and am fed up with being told that if everyone used m-tickets it would save 98,123 litres of fuel, 148,987 trees, 987 miles of paper tickets .... Can we have a new video for the New Year please.

I'm not sure why you are asking our permission to do this, but I for one am more than happy for you to make such a request! Here are their contact details: https://www.firstgroup.com/bristol-bath-and-west/about-us/contact-us SmileySmileySmileySmiley

Things take longer to happen than you think they will, and then they happen faster than you thought they could.
simonw

View Profile Email
« Reply #826 on: December 27, 2018, 09:04:21 »

With 2018 coming to an end, and the fabled M1 route about to start in a weeks time, is Metrobus ready?

With the lack of any pre 0730 trains today, I decided to use the T1 bus from Willow Brook Centre this morning. One of the bus stops is still lacking its Ticket and Information point.
chuffed

View Profile
« Reply #827 on: January 10, 2019, 18:15:05 »

Big Eval reincarnated on the metrobus m1 announcements ! First time I have heard a regional accent announcement on a bus ! Radio Bristol aficionados of the 70's will remember her classic 'conversations' (if you can call them that!) with 'Old Pete' Lawrence. Those were golden halcyon days for the station.  IMHO (in my humble opinion). Half expecting Roger Bennett and the blue notes jazz band to get on board. We were thanked for travelling with Bristol Community Transport and I thought an 'orl roight me luvver? might have been forthcoming but it wasn't, so i just used the default Brizzle fallback of 'Cheers Drive'! Grin
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 16:26:55 by chuffed » Logged
simonw

View Profile Email
« Reply #828 on: January 10, 2019, 21:04:09 »

Yep, nearly spilt my coffee as we approached Queen's Square with her pronunciation - so Bristolian.

Really refreshing after all the antiseptic announcements on other buses and trains.

Today was the first time I have seen back to back M1 buses. Missed the first one by seconds (@Broadmead), got ready for a 10+ minute wait but then next bus appeared seconds later.
TonyK
Global Moderator

The artist formerly known as Four Track, Now!

View Profile
« Reply #829 on: January 10, 2019, 23:05:38 »

Today was the first time I have seen back to back M1 buses. Missed the first one by seconds (@Broadmead), got ready for a 10+ minute wait but then next bus appeared seconds later.

So was one 9 minutes late or the other 9 minutes early?

Now, please!
simonw

View Profile Email
« Reply #830 on: January 11, 2019, 07:29:38 »

Not sure, just crossing Rupert St as the first M1 went past heading for Cribbs Causeway.

About a minute later I had crossed Rupert St (Pedestrian crossing lights ...), and the next M1 appeared and I had to dash to get to the Broadmead stop on Lewins Mead.

Not sure if I care much about the time table, the frequency is the most important thing. Was so impressed, but feel sorry for whoever had the extended wait.

martyjon
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #831 on: January 11, 2019, 09:28:24 »

Yep, nearly spilt my coffee as we approached Queen's Square with her pronunciation - so Bristolian.

Really refreshing after all the antiseptic announcements on other buses and trains.

Lucky you, I was waiting at ASDA in East Street Bedminster 25 minutes for an ostensibly 10 minute interval service on Monday and when an m1 finally arrived the driver was apologetic but explained it was a White Van Man irresponsibly parking his White Van in the highway in West Street Bedminster whilst he made a delivery to two premises there.
TonyK
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #832 on: January 11, 2019, 12:45:41 »

I've seen reports elsewhere of MetroBusts queueing through Bemmy and Aztec West. The limited infrastructure just means they get to the pinch points more quickly. There are also grumblings about the withdrawal of some services from South Bristol.

Now, please!
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #833 on: January 11, 2019, 14:26:46 »

I've seen reports elsewhere of MetroBusts queueing through Bemmy and Aztec West. The limited infrastructure just means they get to the pinch points more quickly. There are also grumblings about the withdrawal of some services from South Bristol.

If only some of that road traffic at Aztec West could go be rail.   Let me see ... the nearest railway line to Aztec West is ... right by it.  And it has ... 2 local trains (Turbos are local trains, right?) and 2 expresses every hour going through already.

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
simonw

View Profile Email
« Reply #834 on: January 11, 2019, 15:02:13 »

And adding a  new M4 junction by Emerson Greern will free up traffic from the M4|M32 junction, which will in turn free up traffic from M5/Aztech West. (planned)

Adding better local buses linking Bristol Parkway to Aztech West to Chalton Hayes and Cribbs Causeway would help (wish)

Then adding a combined bus|rail smart card for local traffic will encourage more people to use public transport (common sense)

Finally, you prior suggestion of moving Patchway Station about 400m along the line to provide a joint new Patchway Station and Aztech West would also help (wish)
johnneyw
Transport Scholar

From station to station, back to Bristol city....

View Profile
« Reply #835 on: January 11, 2019, 23:01:22 »

If only some of that road traffic at Aztec West could go be rail.   Let me see ... the nearest railway line to Aztec West is ... right by it.  And it has ... 2 local trains (Turbos are local trains, right?) and 2 expresses every hour going through already.

"This is a job for Superman" see sorry "SEWWEB", man!
Red Squirrel
Administrator

There are some who call me... Tim

View Profile
« Reply #836 on: January 12, 2019, 12:46:00 »

Big Eval reincarnated on the metrobus m1 announcements ! First time I have heard a regional accent announcement on a bus ! Radio Bristol aficionados of the 70's will remember her classic 'conversations' (if you can call them that!) with 'Old Pete' Lawrence. Those were golden halcyon days for the station.  IMHO (in my humble opinion). Half expecting Roger Bennett and the blue notes jazz band to get on board. We were thanked for travelling with Bristol Community Transport and I thought an 'orl roight me luvver? might have been forthcoming but it wasn't, so i just used the default Brizzle fallback of 'Cheers Drive'! Grin

If, like me, you are never likely to travel on an m1 bus, you may like to hear what Fran Edwards sounds like: Here she is: https://youtu.be/kn6WEpFOa4A

Things take longer to happen than you think they will, and then they happen faster than you thought they could.
martyjon
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #837 on: January 25, 2019, 15:07:34 »

My MetroBus insider tells me that some duty sheets are not being able to be completed due to these CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) fuelled vehicles prematurely running out of gas.
TonyK
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #838 on: January 26, 2019, 10:45:22 »

My MetroBus insider tells me that some duty sheets are not being able to be completed due to these CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) fuelled vehicles prematurely running out of gas.

I have heard reports of older buses working the MetroBust routes - can't be the M3 though. Could this be down to them spending time idling in traffic?

Now, please!
martyjon
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #839 on: January 26, 2019, 14:17:06 »

I have heard reports of older buses working the MetroBust routes - can't be the M3 though. Could this be down to them spending time idling in traffic?

I have SEEN older buses working the m3 route, not an avid bus fan but those were what I think are Wright Streetdecks and on many occasions in the past couple of weeks there seems to be a shortage of SCANIAs for the Y1 and led to moans from passengers about taking our lovely new buses away.
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 63
  Print  

Jump to: