Short Run
15:50 Penzance to Gloucester
16:31 Barnstaple to Axminster
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 19, 2024, 17:15:59 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[273] Rail to refuge / Travel to refuge
[84] Rail delay compensation payments hit £100 million
[36] Difficult to argue with e-bike/scooter rules?
[34] Signage - not making it easy ...
[7] IETs at Melksham
[6] Ferry just cancelled - train tickets will be useless - advice?

News: the Great Western Coffee Shop ... keeping you up to date with travel around the South West

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Source of information displayed on the CIS  (Read 2235 times)
PhilWakely
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2017, 19:35:02 »

I took a trip to Freshford today from Exeter and, thanks to the derailment at East Somerset Junction, returned on a direct train from Trowbridge to Exeter via Bristol TM(resolve).

Whilst waiting at Trowbridge for the revised 1C86 (1506 London Paddington to Penzance) service, due on Platform 2 at Trowbridge at 1633 (according to Trust and RTT» (Real Time Trains - website)), there was much confusion as the CIS (Customer Information System) showed this as calling on Platform 1 at 1621. There was also no mention on the CIS of the revised 1J99 (1453 Exeter St Davids to London Paddington) service which was due on Platform 1 at 1621.

I felt sorry for the lass in the ticket office as she was making manual announcements with the correct information - only for the automated announcement to follow seconds later with the incorrect information.

Which leads me to the question........ Who/What is responsible for the detail shown on the CIS?
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 20:01:56 »

Whilst waiting at Trowbridge for the revised 1C86 (1506 London Paddington to Penzance) service, due on Platform 2 at Trowbridge at 1633 (according to Trust and RTT» (Real Time Trains - website)), there was much confusion as the CIS (Customer Information System) showed this as calling on Platform 1 at 1621. There was also no mention on the CIS of the revised 1J99 (1453 Exeter St Davids to London Paddington) service which was due on Platform 1 at 1621.

Depending on just why they're diverted through Trowbridge, those two trains could be leave the station to the north or the south. and I suspect the more common diversion is th opposite one to that going on at the moment.  Nice to have direct trains from Paddington to Trowbridge back - if only for a few days!

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
Louis94

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 20:25:53 »

Which leads me to the question........ Who/What is responsible for the detail shown on the CIS (Customer Information System)?

GWR (Great Western Railway) are. It looks like someone didn't do a very good job of matching the times of the Trowbridge stops with the times of the VSTP paths. 1J99 was set to be advertised on the CIS for 1716, that being 50 minutes after it should of left Pewsey!
PhilWakely
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 20:58:52 »

Which leads me to the question........ Who/What is responsible for the detail shown on the CIS (Customer Information System)?

GWR (Great Western Railway) are. It looks like someone didn't do a very good job of matching the times of the Trowbridge stops with the times of the VSTP paths. 1J99 was set to be advertised on the CIS for 1716, that being 50 minutes after it should ofhave left Pewsey!

Thanks for the explanation Louise94. However, I guess you meant 50 minutes after Taunton as 1J99 was headed towards Pewsey?
Louis94

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 11:37:53 »

GWR (Great Western Railway) are. It looks like someone didn't do a very good job of matching the times of the Trowbridge stops with the times of the VSTP paths. 1J99 was set to be advertised on the CIS for 1716, that being 50 minutes after it should ofhave left Pewsey!

Thanks for the explanation Louis94. However, I guess you meant 50 minutes after Taunton as 1J99 was headed towards Pewsey?

Nope, after Pewsey. 1J99 was (and is today as well actually) advertised for 1716 departing Trowbridge, this being 50 minute after it was originally (without diversion) due to leave Pewsey (1626).

This has the side effect of causing the train to be advertised online, and maybe at stations, as being over an hour late from Pewsey onwards. When in fact, as can be seen from the VSTP schedule on RTT» (Real Time Trains - website), it will be just over 20 minutes late.
PhilWakely
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 13:19:35 »

Nope, after Pewsey. 1J99 was (and is today as well actually) advertised for 1716 departing Trowbridge, this being 50 minute after it was originally (without diversion) due to leave Pewsey (1626).

This has the side effect of causing the train to be advertised online, and maybe at stations, as being over an hour late from Pewsey onwards. When in fact, as can be seen from the VSTP schedule on RTT» (Real Time Trains - website), it will be just over 20 minutes late.

Thanks Louise94 for the further explanation. I guess I misunderstood the original comment and assumed that you would have been talking about sequential timing - ie x minutes after leaving its last call, which would have been Taunton. 
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: