Read about the forum [here].
Register [here] - it's free.
What do I gain from registering? [here]
 02/06/24 - Summer Timetable starts
17/08/24 - Bus to Imber
27/09/25 - 200 years of passenger trains

On this day
29th Mar (1913)
Foundation of National Union or Railwaymen (*)

Train RunningCancelled
08:46 Bedwyn to Newbury
09:00 Gatwick Airport to Reading
09:54 Bedwyn to Newbury
10:22 Newbury to Bedwyn
11:29 Newbury to Bedwyn
11:57 Bedwyn to Newbury
12:52 Bedwyn to Newbury
Short Run
05:33 Plymouth to London Paddington
06:37 Plymouth to London Paddington
07:03 London Paddington to Paignton
08:35 Plymouth to London Paddington
08:41 Westbury to Bristol Temple Meads
09:37 London Paddington to Paignton
09:45 Bristol Temple Meads to Salisbury
10:35 London Paddington to Exeter St Davids
Delayed
05:03 Penzance to London Paddington
06:05 Penzance to London Paddington
07:10 Penzance to London Paddington
08:03 London Paddington to Penzance
08:15 Penzance to London Paddington
09:04 London Paddington to Plymouth
10:04 London Paddington to Penzance
11:03 London Paddington to Plymouth
PollsOpen and recent polls
Closed 2024-03-25 Easter Escape - to where?
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
March 29, 2024, 09:12:59 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[109] Infrastructure problems in Thames Valley causing disruption el...
[72] would you like your own LIVE train station departure board?
[67] West Wiltshire Bus Changes April 2024
[66] Reversing Beeching - bring heritage and freight lines into the...
[59] Return of the BRUTE?
[41] 2024 - Service update and amendment log, Swindon <-> Westbury...

News: the Great Western Coffee Shop ... keeping you up to date with travel around the South West

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Linked Events
  • TransWilts AGM: May 06, 2017
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TransWilts AGM - Saturday 6th May 2017  (Read 9507 times)
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: April 29, 2017, 12:33:35 »

TransWilts AGM (Annual General Meeting) - Saturday 6th May 2017
at Well House Manor, 48 Spa Road, Melksham, SN12 7NY.

The AGM is from 10.00 - 10.30 and followed by the open members meeting from 11.00 with refreshments.

Friends of TransWilts are individuals and organisations who support us and our objectives.  Frienda are automaticlly enrolled as members of the TransWilts Community Interest Company unless they opt out, and that gives them a vote at the AGM in addition to all the other benefits that friends get - see https://www.transwilts.org/friends-area .

Formal AGM notice went out to members a while back ... posting here as all are welcome; just that you can't vote if you're not a member.

Agenda for the AGM includes ...
- AGM formalities including accounts and review of year from Febrauary 2016 to January 2017 - Paul Johnson
- Friends update

Agenda for the open meeting

- TransWilts and GWR (Great Western Railway) - Dan Okey of GWR
- Update on last few months and looking ahead - Graham Ellis

Open meeting topics likely to include ...
The First MTR franchise; Cascades latest; Marketing "Explore Wiltshire by Rail"; Other marketing plans; Upcoming timetable changes; Wilton and Melksham; Vision 2020 update; Associated User Groups; Bus Services Act; Recent bus changes in Wiltshire; Whence on buses?; TransWilts Office; England's Great West Way. And this is not a full and final list!

Edit to update agenda
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 21:13:41 by grahame » Logged

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
Chris from Nailsea
Administrator

I am not railway staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 22:11:32 »

Thank you for posting those (updated) details here, grahame.  Smiley

I have unfortunately had to miss previous such meetings of the TransWilts, due to work commitments - but this particular date happily coincides with my occasional Saturday day off!

I therefore look forward to seeing you in Melksham on Saturday!  Grin

William Huskisson MP (Member of Parliament) was the first person to be killed by a train while crossing the tracks, in 1830.  Many more have died in the same way since then.  Don't take a chance: stop, look, listen.

"Level crossings are safe, unless they are used in an unsafe manner."  Discuss.
Chris from Nailsea
Administrator

I am not railway staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 20:25:12 »

Having attended the TransWilts AGM (Annual General Meeting) today, may I say what a fascinating discussion we enjoyed.

There was much cause for congratulation and celebration of what has been achieved so far, while acknowledging that there are more challenges to be met in the future.

My own particular thanks go to grahame, for hosting the meeting and his report as Community Rail Officer, and also to Paul Johnson (Chairman), Peter Blackburn (President) and Bob Morrison (Friends) of the TransWilts.

Also, from Great Western Railway, Dan Okey gave an excellent update from the TOCs (Train Operating Company) point of view and answered questions as openly and honestly as he could - acknowledging that there are still many 'unknowns' about the future, with delays in electrification and rolling stock cascades.

It was also great to catch up with several other people I hadn't seen for a while.  Wink

William Huskisson MP (Member of Parliament) was the first person to be killed by a train while crossing the tracks, in 1830.  Many more have died in the same way since then.  Don't take a chance: stop, look, listen.

"Level crossings are safe, unless they are used in an unsafe manner."  Discuss.
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 20:38:28 »

Having attended the TransWilts AGM (Annual General Meeting) today, may I say what a fascinating discussion we enjoyed.

It was also great to catch up with several other people I hadn't seen for a while.  Wink

Really great to catch up, Chris ... we must do it more often.    How often can you have an AGM?

Seriously, we're on line and working together, but that was the first occasion in a LONG while that all the active admins have been together.

I'll put up for in the morning ... Paul's report and other to the AGM - for the year to 31.1.2017 - to follow.  Slide sets for Dan Okey's presentation at http://atrebatia.info/dan_agm2017.pdf and mine at http://atrebatia.info/agm2017.pdf .  Any questions on mine, please ask.  And I can try to give you fill-in data as to what Dan said about points too.

edit to correct link
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 22:14:50 by grahame » Logged

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
John R

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 07:47:23 »

Grahame. Many thanks for posting those links.  I notice in Dan's slides:-

Platform extension to facilitate longer trains programmed for Spring 2018 (Design & Build contractors appointed)
Two car operation as soon thereafter as can be achieved by the cascade

This would seem to imply "thereafter", that two car units will follow the platform extension, and thus not for another year. Hopefully this isn't the case?
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2017, 10:36:34 »

This would seem to imply "thereafter", that two car units will follow the platform extension, and thus not for another year. Hopefully this isn't the case?

Dan confirmed that initial introduction of two car trains is not dependent on the commissioning of the longer platform; I should have added a late edit - "Two car turbo operation as soon thereafter as can be achieved by the cascade".  GW (Great Western) are dreadfully squeezed for stock due to the delays in being able to cascade, but a lack of being able to pass on some of those delays in the same way in stock being cascaded away from GWR (Great Western Railway).  It has been impressed on GWR that we cannot continue to grow the TransWilts as we have been doing if there's no room on the trains, and that damage done by not providing a service people can get onto in 2017 will probably have far reaching ripples for years ahead.   

grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2017, 11:02:10 »

To complement the earlier presentations, I've uploaded a copy of the annual report for the year ended 31st January 2017 at http://atrebatia.info/annual_report_cic_to_2017_01.pdf - this is the data that accompanied the talks (without "death by powerpoint!) in the earlier (official) section of the meeting.

Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: