Train GraphicClick on the map to explore geographics

I need help
FAQ
Emergency
About .
Travel & transport from BBC stories as at 17:35 28 Mar 2024
- How do I renew my UK passport and what is the 10-year rule?
- Passengers pleaded with knifeman during attack
* Family anger at sentence on fatal crash driver, 19
- Easter travel warning as millions set to hit roads
Read about the forum [here].
Register [here] - it's free.
What do I gain from registering? [here]
 02/06/24 - Summer Timetable starts
17/08/24 - Bus to Imber
27/09/25 - 200 years of passenger trains

On this day
28th Mar (1917)
Bideford, Westward Ho! and Appledore closed (link)

Train RunningCancelled
16:54 Cardiff Central to London Paddington
17:54 Cardiff Central to London Paddington
17:57 London Paddington to Worcester Foregate Street
18:37 Westbury to Swindon
19:33 London Paddington to Worcester Shrub Hill
20:13 Swindon to Westbury
20:56 Worcester Foregate Street to London Paddington
Short Run
14:49 Plymouth to Cardiff Central
15:10 Gloucester to Weymouth
15:15 Plymouth to London Paddington
15:23 Portsmouth Harbour to Cardiff Central
15:30 Cardiff Central to Portsmouth Harbour
15:42 Exeter St Davids to London Paddington
16:19 Carmarthen to London Paddington
16:23 Portsmouth Harbour to Cardiff Central
16:35 London Paddington to Plymouth
16:50 Plymouth to London Paddington
17:03 London Paddington to Penzance
17:30 London Paddington to Taunton
17:36 Swindon to Westbury
Delayed
12:15 Penzance to London Paddington
13:59 Cardiff Central to Penzance
14:15 Penzance to London Paddington
14:30 Cardiff Central to Portsmouth Harbour
14:36 London Paddington to Paignton
15:03 London Paddington to Penzance
16:03 London Paddington to Penzance
Additional 17:17 Exeter St Davids to Penzance
PollsOpen and recent polls
Closed 2024-03-25 Easter Escape - to where?
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
March 28, 2024, 17:52:20 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[133] West Wiltshire Bus Changes April 2024
[132] would you like your own LIVE train station departure board?
[53] Return of the BRUTE?
[44] If not HS2 to Manchester, how will traffic be carried?
[41] Infrastructure problems in Thames Valley causing disruption el...
[32] Reversing Beeching - bring heritage and freight lines into the...

News: the Great Western Coffee Shop ... keeping you up to date with travel around the South West

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cancellation and amendment map  (Read 10810 times)
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: August 27, 2017, 08:25:35 »

I have just noted a failure to reflect JourneyCheck ... possibly caused by caching where I am at the moment.   Will take a look when I get home.  Just to note - please click on the "Train Running" link if the display looks odd.   As I look, there are London to Cheltenham and to Penzance issues, and Brighton - Newport corridor issues.

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
bobm
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 08:38:31 »

It was working at 08:15 but confirm is not showing now.
ChrisB
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 10:22:13 »

Still not showing as I post this
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 11:39:36 »

OK - fixed.

Initial problem was either a transient glitch in the data feed or caching at the location I was browsing from.   The temporary fix I applied broke the display completely, just fixed now that I'm home.

Excuse:  "Better to give no information at all than to give the wrong information" which is what it as doing to me earlier on!

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 06:50:08 »

For anyone who was up and around earlier, my apologies for the duff feed showing trains with issues to / from the Fastnet Rock!

For the first time I can recall, trains are scheduled to be terminating at Acton Main Line this morning.  Of course, not everything runs quite to schedule ...

06:17 Heathrow Terminal 5 to Acton Main Line due 06:44
06:17 Heathrow Terminal 5 to Acton Main Line due 06:44 will be terminated at Ealing Broadway.
It will no longer call at Acton Main Line.
This is due to an operational incident.

OK - *my* end is fixed ... now just the railway's end to be fixed  Grin

Timmer
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 06:53:35 »

Looks like you’ve got your blue marker pen this morning Graham on West service lines. 59 short formed services currently listed. Good job the Bath Christmas market hasn’t started yet  Roll Eyes
Timmer
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2017, 07:05:57 »

Oh and here come the cancellations and services running short of destination due to lack of train crew. Another pathetic service been offered on local services by GWR (Great Western Railway) today.
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2017, 07:50:36 »

06:17 Heathrow Terminal 5 to Acton Main Line due 06:44
06:17 Heathrow Terminal 5 to Acton Main Line due 06:44 will be terminated at Ealing Broadway.
It will no longer call at Acton Main Line.
This is due to an operational incident.

What IS the operational incident.   I wasn't even aware that passenger trains could terminate at Acton Main Line in the first place!

grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2017, 08:13:19 »

What IS the operational incident.   I wasn't even aware that passenger trains could terminate at Acton Main Line in the first place!

Answers, please, at http://www.firstgreatwestern.info/coffeeshop/index.php?topic=14689.msg225042#msg225042 ... this really has moved away from the cancellations map subject (yeah, my own doing, I know!)

grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 06:11:24 »

Noting that our map is not proportionate to the degree of delay ... LONG line this morning all the way across the South West because ...

05:41 Penzance to London Paddington due 11:24
05:41 Penzance to London Paddington due 11:24 will be starting late from Penzance and is expected to be 1 minute late.
This is due to a fault with the signalling system.

Adelante_CCT
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 13:08:31 »

And after all that it left on time.... though did pick up numerous small delays en route and was half hour late at one point.
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2017, 06:06:38 »

For anyone who was up and around earlier, my apologies for the duff feed showing trains with issues to / from the Fastnet Rock!

For the first time I can recall, trains are scheduled to be terminating at Acton Main Line this morning.  Of course, not everything runs quite to schedule ...

And CALSTOCK added in the early hours this morning. Apologies to anyone who saw what looked like a direct service from Plymouth toward Rosslare via Bude.

grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2017, 12:46:28 »

Latest addition to my GW (Great Western) terminating stations - London Marylebone, which I have dragged in from the Fastnet Rock to a couple of pixels to the right of and above Paddington!

Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: