Read about the forum [here].
Register [here] - it's free.
What do I gain from registering? [here]
 02/06/24 - Summer Timetable starts
17/08/24 - Bus to Imber
27/09/25 - 200 years of passenger trains

On this day
28th Mar (1992)
MOD Kineton tour, branch line society (*)

Train RunningCancelled
06:57 Swansea to London Paddington
07:28 London Paddington to Bristol Temple Meads
07:43 Swansea to London Paddington
08:18 London Paddington to Cardiff Central
08:30 London Paddington to Weston-Super-Mare
09:00 Bristol Temple Meads to London Paddington
09:12 London Paddington to Cardiff Central
09:29 Weston-Super-Mare to London Paddington
09:30 London Paddington to Bristol Temple Meads
09:46 Westbury to Swindon
10:15 London Paddington to Cardiff Central
10:30 London Paddington to Weston-Super-Mare
10:41 Cardiff Central to London Paddington
11:00 Bristol Temple Meads to London Paddington
11:05 Swindon to Westbury
11:16 London Paddington to Cardiff Central
11:23 Weston-Super-Mare to London Paddington
11:30 London Paddington to Bristol Temple Meads
11:50 Cardiff Central to London Paddington
12:15 London Paddington to Cardiff Central
12:17 Westbury to Swindon
12:30 London Paddington to Weston-Super-Mare
13:15 Swindon to Westbury
14:19 Westbury to Swindon
15:14 Swindon to Westbury
Short Run
05:40 Bristol Temple Meads to Penzance
06:38 Weymouth to Gloucester
06:54 Taunton to London Paddington
07:12 London Paddington to Cardiff Central
08:25 Okehampton to Exeter Central
08:34 Exeter Central to Okehampton
08:38 London Paddington to Westbury
09:50 Cardiff Central to London Paddington
10:50 Penzance to Cardiff Central
Delayed
05:03 Penzance to London Paddington
05:23 London Paddington to Swansea
05:33 Plymouth to London Paddington
05:55 Plymouth to London Paddington
06:00 London Paddington to Penzance
06:05 Penzance to London Paddington
06:50 Westbury to Weymouth
07:10 Penzance to London Paddington
08:03 London Paddington to Penzance
08:30 Liskeard to Looe
08:35 Plymouth to London Paddington
09:04 London Paddington to Plymouth
An additional train service has been planned to operate as shown 09:13 Bristol Temple Meads to Gloucester
09:37 London Paddington to Paignton
10:04 London Paddington to Penzance
10:23 London Paddington to Oxford
10:35 London Paddington to Exeter St Davids
etc
PollsOpen and recent polls
Closed 2024-03-25 Easter Escape - to where?
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
March 28, 2024, 09:06:50 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[146] West Wiltshire Bus Changes April 2024
[117] would you like your own LIVE train station departure board?
[80] Return of the BRUTE?
[63] Infrastructure problems in Thames Valley causing disruption el...
[49] Reversing Beeching - bring heritage and freight lines into the...
[27] CrossCountry upgrade will see 25% more rail seats

News: A forum for passengers ... with input from rail professionals welcomed too

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Draft IEP Timetables Dec18/Jan19  (Read 17571 times)
Timmer
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2018, 21:17:57 »

I have just been told that it is being put back until December 2019. I seriously  can’t process this and how annoyed I am.
Just read this news on uk Rail Forums. Any source for this latest development?
IndustryInsider
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2018, 21:26:14 »

The poster on there is very well informed so I would imagine it's correct.  If NR» (Network Rail - home page) are now looking at July for Cardiff electrification (and the completion of the current electrification programme) perhaps it should come as no great shock, and GWR (Great Western Railway) will have no excuses for not getting the trains and staff fully ready in time.  Very frustrating though.

To view my GWML (Great Western Main Line) Electrification cab video 'before and after' video comparison, as well as other videos of the new layout at Reading and 'before and after' comparisons of the Cotswold Line Redoubling scheme, see: http://www.dailymotion.com/user/IndustryInsider/
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2018, 21:31:36 »

I have just been told that it is being put back until December 2019. I seriously  can’t process this and how annoyed I am.
Just read this news on uk Rail Forums. Any source for this latest development?

It does not come as any surprise for it to be put back from May - been in the wind for September or December.  I have a different view to CharlieGCR - understand the frustration but hope the opportunity is taken to sort out the cobble together that the connecting services had become in the draft;  you may have noted 12 oopsies I reported on the TransWilts along - quite remarkable on basically a round trip shuttle train! 

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
Timmer
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2018, 06:15:52 »

I’m not surprised either especially with electrification to Cardiff not expected to be complete by the Summer. I guess for the majority of the travelling public this further delay won’t make a lot of difference.
CMRail
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2018, 07:21:07 »

September would be acceptable. I haven’t seen much of the drafts so fair enough, however it’s disappointing that the whole project is being pushed back month by month.
marlo36

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2019, 00:23:38 »

Is anyone able to comment on the general pattern proposed?

Such as hourly - Paddington, Reading, Newbury, Westbury, Castle Cary, Taunton, Tiverton PW (Permanent Way), Exeter SD. Plus perhaps Pewsey and/or Frome calls every two hours. Differences may apply in the peaks with additional Berks and Hants calls??

All speculation on my part based on speculation I have previously read - but it might be useful to know where we are heading! West or East perhaps!
Just booked train/seat on the 1C78  8 Coach 11.03 PAD» (Paddington (London) - next trains) to NTA» (Newton Abbott - next trains) for the 21/02.Route is PAD, RDG(resolve), C/Cary, Honiton, EXD» (Exeter St Davids - next trains), NTA, but still not sure if it will be either a HST (High Speed Train) or IET (Intercity Express Train) although confirmation states HST.
JayMac
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2019, 01:04:13 »

1C78 is among the 13 remaining HST (High Speed Train) diagrams until at least late March.

See: http://www.firstgreatwestern.info/coffeeshop/index.php?topic=20878.msg255443#msg255443

Subject to availability and operational requirements on the day of course.

The diversionary route between Castle Cary and Exeter via Yeovil Pen Mill/Junction is still to be cleared for IETs (Intercity Express Train) in passenger service, but may be by your date of travel, which is during the closure of Whiteball tunnel between Taunton and Tiverton Parkway. That said, the booked HST diagram is still the most likely.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 01:12:06 by bignosemac » Logged

"Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the rest of the day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Sir Terry Pratchett.
SandTEngineer

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2019, 08:01:25 »

There is an IET (Intercity Express Train) test run planned from Laira to Axminster and return on Wednesday 09 January 2019:

5Z66
Laira T.& R.S.M.D. 0905
Exeter St.Davids 1029-1036
Exeter Central 1039-1047
Honiton 1101-1115
Axminster 1126
5Z67 1139 Axminster to Laira T.& R.S.M.D.
bradshaw
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2019, 08:42:29 »

One previous test IEP (Intercity Express Program / Project.) ran over the diversionary route on Nov 29

http://www.firstgreatwestern.info/coffeeshop/index.php?topic=20483.0
SandTEngineer

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2019, 09:06:00 »

One previous test IEP (Intercity Express Program / Project.) ran over the diversionary route on Nov 29

http://www.firstgreatwestern.info/coffeeshop/index.php?topic=20483.0
I thought it didn't make it between Exeter St.Davids and Exeter Central due to issues with the route clearance paperwork, hence the run tomorrow.... Roll Eyes
bradshaw
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2019, 09:41:27 »

Yes, I had forgotten that.
JayMac
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2019, 18:40:28 »

There is an IET (Intercity Express Train) test run planned from Laira to Axminster and return on Wednesday 09 January 2019:

5Z66
Laira T.& R.S.M.D. 0905
Exeter St.Davids 1029-1036
Exeter Central 1039-1047
Honiton 1101-1115
Axminster 1126
5Z67 1139 Axminster to Laira T.& R.S.M.D.

This ran today, presumably without issue. That should mean the final NR» (Network Rail - home page) hurdle - operation over the Bank between Exeter St Davids and Exeter Central - has been cleared.

All systems seemingly now go for IETs to run in passenger service over the diversionary route during Whiteball tunnel closure next month.

"Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the rest of the day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Sir Terry Pratchett.
bradshaw
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2019, 15:51:16 »

1A88 PNZ PAD» (Paddington (London) - next trains) being diverted via Yeovil , due to obstruction neat Taunton.
This starts from North Pole IEP (Intercity Express Program / Project.) depot to form 0635 from PAD.
HST (High Speed Train) or IET (Intercity Express Train)?
IndustryInsider
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2019, 15:53:09 »

10-car IET (Intercity Express Train).

To view my GWML (Great Western Main Line) Electrification cab video 'before and after' video comparison, as well as other videos of the new layout at Reading and 'before and after' comparisons of the Cotswold Line Redoubling scheme, see: http://www.dailymotion.com/user/IndustryInsider/
JayMac
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2019, 19:22:40 »

Yes. Confirmed as first IET (Intercity Express Train) passenger service divert via Honiton.

1A88 was sent that way after 1A87, the 1255 from Plymouth to Paddington, struck a deer near a foot crossing just past Tiverton Parkway and came to a stand with loss of air. 1A87 is a HST (High Speed Train).
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 19:45:05 by bignosemac » Logged

- Sir Terry Pratchett.
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: