Train GraphicClick on the map to explore geographics

I need help
FAQ
Emergency
About .
Travel & transport from BBC stories as at 18:35 28 Mar 2024
- How do I renew my UK passport and what is the 10-year rule?
- Passengers pleaded with knifeman during attack
- Family anger at sentence on fatal crash driver, 19
- Easter travel warning as millions set to hit roads
Read about the forum [here].
Register [here] - it's free.
What do I gain from registering? [here]
 02/06/24 - Summer Timetable starts
17/08/24 - Bus to Imber
27/09/25 - 200 years of passenger trains

On this day
28th Mar (1988)
Woman found murdered on Orpington to London train (*)

Train RunningCancelled
16:54 Cardiff Central to London Paddington
17:48 Reading to Gatwick Airport
17:54 Cardiff Central to London Paddington
17:57 London Paddington to Worcester Foregate Street
18:03 London Paddington to Penzance
18:08 London Paddington to Frome
Additional 18:25 Shalford to Reading
18:26 Newbury to Bedwyn
18:36 London Paddington to Plymouth
18:37 Westbury to Swindon
18:51 Filton Abbey Wood to Bristol Temple Meads
18:55 Bedwyn to Newbury
19:23 Reading to Gatwick Airport
19:24 Newbury to Bedwyn
19:33 London Paddington to Worcester Shrub Hill
19:55 Bedwyn to Newbury
20:13 Swindon to Westbury
20:16 Frome to Westbury
20:49 Newbury to Bedwyn
20:56 Worcester Foregate Street to London Paddington
21:16 Bedwyn to Newbury
Short Run
15:23 Portsmouth Harbour to Cardiff Central
15:30 Cardiff Central to Portsmouth Harbour
16:19 Carmarthen to London Paddington
16:23 Portsmouth Harbour to Cardiff Central
16:35 London Paddington to Plymouth
16:50 Plymouth to London Paddington
17:03 London Paddington to Penzance
17:20 Reading to Gatwick Airport
17:30 London Paddington to Taunton
17:36 London Paddington to Plymouth
17:50 Gloucester to Salisbury
17:59 Gatwick Airport to Reading
18:18 Newbury to London Paddington
18:19 Reading to Gatwick Airport
18:54 Reading to Gatwick Airport
18:59 Gatwick Airport to Reading
19:06 London Paddington to Bedwyn
19:29 Gatwick Airport to Reading
20:42 Bedwyn to London Paddington
Delayed
13:59 Cardiff Central to Penzance
14:15 Penzance to London Paddington
15:03 London Paddington to Penzance
16:03 London Paddington to Penzance
Additional 17:17 Exeter St Davids to Penzance
Additional 17:26 Castle Cary to Penzance
17:29 Gatwick Airport to Reading
An additional train service has been planned to operate as shown 18:25 Shalford to Reading
18:29 Gatwick Airport to Reading
19:04 London Paddington to Plymouth
PollsOpen and recent polls
Closed 2024-03-25 Easter Escape - to where?
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
March 28, 2024, 18:43:08 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[133] West Wiltshire Bus Changes April 2024
[132] would you like your own LIVE train station departure board?
[53] Return of the BRUTE?
[44] If not HS2 to Manchester, how will traffic be carried?
[41] Infrastructure problems in Thames Valley causing disruption el...
[32] Reversing Beeching - bring heritage and freight lines into the...

News: the Great Western Coffee Shop ... keeping you up to date with travel around the South West

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 139
  Print  
Author Topic: Shortage of train crews on Great Western Railway since September 2017 - ongoing discussion  (Read 424447 times)
PhilWakely
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #1845 on: March 06, 2022, 13:47:11 »

Great that they’ve all been reinstated bar one…very poor that JourneyCheck is once again being fed dubious gen.

Time and time again messages posted at silly o’clock in the morning end up being completely wrong later in the day.

What irks me more, though, is that Trainline will have picked up those messages and emailed pax affected to say that their train has been cancelled. Some folk will panic, make alternative arrangements and then find that their compensation claim will be refused because the train ran.
TaplowGreen
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: March 06, 2022, 14:05:58 »

Great that they’ve all been reinstated bar one…very poor that JourneyCheck is once again being fed dubious gen.

Time and time again messages posted at silly o’clock in the morning end up being completely wrong later in the day.

What irks me more, though, is that Trainline will have picked up those messages and emailed pax affected to say that their train has been cancelled. Some folk will panic, make alternative arrangements and then find that their compensation claim will be refused because the train ran.

I am sure that these systemic issues will be amongst those picked up and swiftly addressed by the incoming "Service Quality Regime"....... Wink
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1847 on: March 06, 2022, 14:35:50 »

The cynical part of me asks if the information about cancellations could be more accurate if it was only published after the time the train should have run - getting it a higher accuracy score.   You would (rightly) suggest that's a silly idea because the information would then be too late to inform the people who need to know - however, there's a parallel here with engineering posters telling you about past engineering works.

I have seen a number of posters telling people about the planned engineering changes during me travels in the last few days.   Posters at Trowbridge at 07:30 on 2nd March, at Bath Spa at 08:04 on 5th March and at Clifton Down at 09:41 on 5th March all told of engineering works for the four weeks up to and including 25th February.  The only poster I saw for the current 4 week period was at (I think - I didn't log it at the time) at Bristol Temple Meads.

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
Timmer
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: March 06, 2022, 16:27:28 »

Or no gen at all. 17.15 still showing as cancelled on RTT» (Real Time Trains - website) and on the Plymouth departure board but not listed as not running between Plymouth and Exeter on Journeycheck. Also GWR (Great Western Railway) social media listed this service as now running. Good job the 17.45 IS running. Roll Eyes
stuving
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: March 06, 2022, 16:55:42 »

RTT» (Real Time Trains - website) now shows only the 17:15 as cancelled, with the other trains to Paddington all running. That's: 17:45, 18:15, 19:15, 19:48, 20:15.

JourneyCheck lists the 17:15 and 19:15 as both cancelled.

The CIS (Customer Information System) on Tiger shows the same (and now covers past 20:15).

So Twitter is not keeping up. I wonder, do its users think it is definitive? If they do, GWR (Great Western Railway) should include it in their system that automatically updates all information sources together. Of course they've got one of those, haven't they?
TaplowGreen
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: March 06, 2022, 17:13:30 »

RTT» (Real Time Trains - website) now shows only the 17:15 as cancelled, with the other trains to Paddington all running. That's: 17:45, 18:15, 19:15, 19:48, 20:15.

The CIS (Customer Information System) on Tiger shows the same (and now covers past 20:15).

So Twitter is not keeping up. I wonder, do its users think it is definitive? If they do, GWR (Great Western Railway) should include it in their system that automatically updates all information sources together. Of course they've got one of those, haven't they?

One of the issues this morning was that the GWR Twitter operator was insisting that they weren't aware of the problem and had to have the information on their website brought to their attention by customers.

GWR Journeycheck now shows the 1715 and 1915 starting from Exeter. It's a farce.
Timmer
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: March 06, 2022, 17:18:49 »

The 17.15 only just recently reappearing back on Journeycheck. It wasn’t there when I posted just before 4.30pm
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1852 on: March 06, 2022, 18:03:13 »

GWR (Great Western Railway) Journeycheck now shows the 1715 and 1915 starting from Exeter. It's a farce

Can we have a volunteer to go down to Exeter St Davids and report back?

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
PhilWakely
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: March 06, 2022, 18:09:52 »

GWR (Great Western Railway) Journeycheck now shows the 1715 and 1915 starting from Exeter. It's a farce

Not seen in person, but RTT» (Real Time Trains - website) shows both 1A90 and 1A96 starting at Par rather Exeter.
stuving
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: March 06, 2022, 18:16:42 »

Not seen in person, but RTT» (Real Time Trains - website) shows both 1A90 and 1A96 starting at Par rather Exeter.

Shouldn't that be "Par rather than Penzance"? Due to the weekend possession, and not affecting them as services from Exeter.
TaplowGreen
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: March 06, 2022, 20:33:47 »

Where's Broadgage's Crystal ball when we need it?
IndustryInsider
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: March 06, 2022, 22:37:28 »

GWR (Great Western Railway) Journeycheck now shows the 1715 and 1915 starting from Exeter. It's a farce.

And that is how it eventually panned out, so scheduled alternatives departed 31 mins later at 17:46 and 53 mins later at 20:07, the latter being the 19:48 which was 19 minutes late as the driver that was stepped up to work it brought in 2A98, the 19:42 arrival from St. Austell which was 21 minutes late arriving.  It looks like they were originally the Penzance depot driver for the afternoon and did overtime to work the 19:48 from Plymouth to Exeter.

To view my GWML (Great Western Main Line) Electrification cab video 'before and after' video comparison, as well as other videos of the new layout at Reading and 'before and after' comparisons of the Cotswold Line Redoubling scheme, see: http://www.dailymotion.com/user/IndustryInsider/
TaplowGreen
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: March 07, 2022, 05:28:00 »

GWR (Great Western Railway) Journeycheck now shows the 1715 and 1915 starting from Exeter. It's a farce.

And that is how it eventually panned out, so scheduled alternatives departed 31 mins later at 17:46 and 53 mins later at 20:07, the latter being the 19:48 which was 19 minutes late as the driver that was stepped up to work it brought in 2A98, the 19:42 arrival from St. Austell which was 21 minutes late arriving.  It looks like they were originally the Penzance depot driver for the afternoon and did overtime to work the 19:48 from Plymouth to Exeter.

Too early in the morning to fathom that one out!  Smiley

I wonder how many people will be attracted back to the railway for their leisure travel after yesterday's shambolic performance?
Timmer
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: March 07, 2022, 06:37:15 »

Problems again today. I can only think the shortage of crew is down to the engineering work going on in Cornwall between Truro and Penzance separating train crews.
Mark A
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: March 07, 2022, 10:32:32 »

Bath's MP (Member of Parliament) tweeted about her experience with GWR (Great Western Railway) up to London on Sunday evening. The following train cancelled + I think demand outstripping the, is it once an hour service.

https://twitter.com/Wera_Hobhouse/status/1500559421881081862

Mark
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 139
  Print  

Jump to: