I need help
FAQ
Emergency
About .
Travel & transport from BBC stories as at 23:15 28 Mar 2024
- Bus plunges off South Africa bridge, killing 45
- Easter getaways hit by travel disruption
- Where Baltimore bridge investigation goes now
- How do I renew my UK passport and what is the 10-year rule?
- Easter travel warning as millions set to hit roads
Read about the forum [here].
Register [here] - it's free.
What do I gain from registering? [here]
 02/06/24 - Summer Timetable starts
17/08/24 - Bus to Imber
27/09/25 - 200 years of passenger trains

On this day
28th Mar (1988)
Woman found murdered on Orpington to London train (*)

Train RunningCancelled
20:56 Worcester Foregate Street to London Paddington
22:30 Gatwick Airport to Reading
Short Run
18:03 London Paddington to Penzance
20:03 London Paddington to Plymouth
21:04 London Paddington to Plymouth
23:04 Reading to Bedwyn
23:17 Bedwyn to Reading
Delayed
21:30 Gatwick Airport to Reading
21:45 Penzance to London Paddington
23:45 London Paddington to Penzance
PollsOpen and recent polls
Closed 2024-03-25 Easter Escape - to where?
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
March 28, 2024, 23:24:53 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[104] West Wiltshire Bus Changes April 2024
[103] would you like your own LIVE train station departure board?
[78] Infrastructure problems in Thames Valley causing disruption el...
[56] If not HS2 to Manchester, how will traffic be carried?
[41] Return of the BRUTE?
[25] Reversing Beeching - bring heritage and freight lines into the...

News: the Great Western Coffee Shop ... keeping you up to date with travel around the South West

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which country? Which location in that country?  (Read 4253 times)
stuving
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2017, 22:59:56 »

It looks like a station near sea level rather than in the maintains so by a process of elimination, I go for Åndalsnes Station. 

Spot on!

Well, you did feature the same train a bit further up the same line just a month ago, so evidently most of us have memories like a GWR (Great Western Railway) drivers' roster. On that occasion Google found a similar picture of the identical train with no trouble.

Number 5 you've also used before, this time the identical picture, under a year ago. It was Osnabrück HBf (upstairs) then, so the chances are it still is. This time, however, Google image search fails to find it at all.
TonyK
Global Moderator

The artist formerly known as Four Track, Now!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2017, 23:35:48 »

It's one that looks good when made into a bed.

Surely that's a Swedish tree? A Norwegian tree looks good with fairly lights all over it.

Now, please!
chrisr_75

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2017, 00:14:00 »

Surely that's a Swedish tree? A Norwegian tree looks good with fairly lights all over it.

When you say Swedish tree, do you mean the unsustainably harvested 600 year old Russian tree imported through Finland and made into a 'Swedish' bed somewhere in Poland?! 😉
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2017, 06:14:13 »

It looks like a station near sea level rather than in the maintains so by a process of elimination, I go for Åndalsnes Station. 

Spot on!

Well, you did feature the same train a bit further up the same line just a month ago, so evidently most of us have memories like a GWR (Great Western Railway) drivers' roster. On that occasion Google found a similar picture of the identical train with no trouble.

Number 5 you've also used before, this time the identical picture, under a year ago. It was Osnabrück HBf (upstairs) then, so the chances are it still is. This time, however, Google image search fails to find it at all.

Indeed this quiz has a couple of repeats in it, for which I apologise to anyone who that irritates.  In addition to our regular readers who are signed up, comment and may spot such things, we have a massive occasional army - I'm not referring to those lurkers who sign up after years of lurking, but those who pop by occasionally or who land here from a search.    They won't have seen the earlier posts ... and even for many regulars, the occasional repeat / reminder sets the interest of a different type of research along the lines "sure I've seen that before".

This year, life changes have dramatically cut my travels;  I will bear the comments in mind as I post pictures, but fear there is more dropping back on memories to come. 

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
Bmblbzzz
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2017, 08:41:09 »

When you say Swedish tree, do you mean the unsustainably harvested 600 year old Russian tree imported through Finland and made into a 'Swedish' bed somewhere in Poland?! 😉
I was thinking of the Beatles song, just in case it wasn't obvious.

Waiting at Pilning for the midnight sleeper to Prague.
chrisr_75

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2017, 09:44:46 »

I was thinking of the Beatles song, just in case it wasn't obvious.

For someone who absolutely despises the Beatles, it certainly was not obvious.

I thought it might've been obvious, in modern context, that I was referring to Ikea furniture...

Edit - spelling
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 17:25:55 by chrisr_75 » Logged
TonyK
Global Moderator

The artist formerly known as Four Track, Now!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2017, 19:07:02 »

I thought it might've been obvious, in modern context, that I was referring to Ikea furniture...

Edit - spelling

So did I, although I am not so sure now...

Now, please!
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: