Train Graphic
Great Western Passengers' Forum Great Western Coffee Shop - [home] and [about]
Read about the forum [here]. Register and contribute [here] - it's free.
Random Image
Train Running @GWR Twitter Acronyms/Abbreviations Station Comparator Rail News GWR co. site Site Style 1 2 3 4 Chat on off
October 17, 2017, 06:44:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
News: A forum for passengers ... with input from rail professionals welcomed too

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cotswold Line services autumn 2017  (Read 874 times)
jonathancoyle

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2017, 03:49:04 PM »

The whole point of the email is to avoid me having to look myself!

They have helpfully told me the 1749 is short-formed though - hope I won’t be around long enough to see that
charles_uk

thewalkingpage
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2017, 09:57:33 PM »

Another scheduled service failing to run on the Cotswold Line:

"20:22 London Paddington to Great Malvern due 23:05 will be terminated at Oxford.
This is due to a shortage of train crew."
ChrisB
TransWilts Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2017, 06:42:07 AM »

Three more this morning

0511 ex-WOS has a fault near Moreton in Marsh
0528 ex-HFD diverted via Stroud
0512 PAD-MIM & return terminated/started OXF
jonathancoyle

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2017, 07:24:19 AM »

The 0606 ex-Charlbury (0511 ex-WOS) finally rolls in at 0706 - still waiting to leave as I write this at 0723.

We're waiting the delayed Worcester service in the opposite direction which didn't even leave Oxford until 0710 - surely someone would have had some sense to hold that to allow the first London train through the single line section - I think lots gave up and just drove over the Oxford Parkway.

I guess I just need to pray for more delays to ensure I get a discount on my season ticket renewal as no compensation otherwise for me!
charles_uk

thewalkingpage
View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2017, 08:14:30 AM »

Three more this morning

0511 ex-WOS has a fault near Moreton in Marsh
0528 ex-HFD diverted via Stroud
0512 PAD-MIM & return terminated/started OXF

0511 finally got to Oxford 80 minutes late and was to be terminated at Didcot.

and the following 0450 Hereford - Paddington 73 late by the time it got to Oxford.

Only nine working days into October and there has been significant morning disruption on four of those days.
charles_uk

thewalkingpage
View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2017, 11:41:11 AM »

Just picked up on this...

"Delays to services between Evesham and Moreton-In-Marsh

Due to a fault with barriers at a level crossing between Evesham and Moreton-in-Marsh all lines are blocked.

Train services running through these stations are returning to normal but some services may still be delayed. Disruption is expected until 12:00 13/10.

Last Updated:13/10/2017 11:32"

Not sure how much actual disruption has been caused but the 09:58 Great Malvern to Paddington was started from Worcester Shrub Hill and is currently running about an hour late.
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: