Read about the forum [here].
Register [here] - it's free.
What do I gain from registering? [here]
 02/06/24 - Summer Timetable starts
17/08/24 - Bus to Imber
27/09/25 - 200 years of passenger trains

On this day
16th Apr (1987)
~ Tulyar arrives at Swanley New Barn Railway (link)

Train RunningCancelled
12:35 Barnstaple to Exeter Central
22:28 London Paddington to Bristol Temple Meads
22:44 Taunton to Bristol Temple Meads
17/04/24 00:45 London Paddington to Reading
Short Run
11:35 Barnstaple to Exeter Central
12:14 Exeter Central to Barnstaple
13:12 Exeter Central to Barnstaple
14:14 Exeter Central to Barnstaple
15:28 London Paddington to Weston-Super-Mare
18:29 Weston-Super-Mare to London Paddington
19:56 Cardiff Central to Taunton
23:24 Didcot Parkway to London Paddington
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 16, 2024, 13:15:58 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[135] Problems with the Night Riviera sleeper - December 2014 onward...
[117] New station at Ashley Down, Bristol
[107] Okehampton
[58] Our first Interrail tour
[41] Proposals for open access services on new routes
[38] Ferry just cancelled - train tickets will be useless - advice?

News: the Great Western Coffee Shop ... keeping you up to date with travel around the South West

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Linked Events
  • Portway Parkway Public open: August 01, 2023
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15
  Print  
Author Topic: Portway Park and Ride Station  (Read 49172 times)
DaveHarries

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: May 04, 2023, 18:41:58 »

Looking at train times from the 3rd June onwards, the services starting from Temple Meads are all direct while most of the services back to Temple Meads require changing at Avonmouth and passing back through Portway again.  I wasn't aware that this was how it was going to be done....unless it's only a temporary measure.  It certainly adds to the Temple Meads bound journey times.

Looks like testing and training - an hourly call in the middle of the day in one direction, and just a couple of odd services the other way.
Indeed. The printed GWR (Great Western Railway) timetable available online has a half-hourly service both ways.
https://www.gwr.com/-/media/gwr-sc-website/files/plan-journey/timetables/2023/Train-times-21-May-to-9-December-2023/B9-train-times-21-May-to-9-December-2023.pdf

Dave
johnneyw
Transport Scholar

From station to station, back to Bristol city....

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 05, 2023, 10:44:56 »

Does anyone know if the abovementioned commencement of limited services to and from Portway Park and Ride did actually happen yesterday?
I'm just on my way back from a couple of weeks in South Devon so I didn't get the chance to look for myself.
If there were some services running with real passengers then it's a really downplayed start to such a significant transport development for the city.
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #152 on: June 05, 2023, 10:54:51 »

Does anyone know if the abovementioned commencement of limited services to and from Portway Park and Ride did actually happen yesterday?
I'm just on my way back from a couple of weeks in South Devon so I didn't get the chance to look for myself.
If there were some services running with real passengers then it's a really downplayed start to such a significant transport development for the city.

Real Time Trains is reporting all services timetabled to stop there "Portway Park And Ride [PRI] - Service stop unadvertised" but then flagging up "No Report" when the calling time passes.  One logical way of opening is to have all services calling but without the nuisance of customers for a few days so they can do a big Hurrah! and know it will work operationally for when there are people there to use it.

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
Red Squirrel
Administrator

There are some who call me... Tim

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 05, 2023, 11:00:26 »

The first bookable journey I can find is in the direction of BRI» (Bristol Temple Meads - next trains) at  07.14 on 17th June 2023. I find it rather odd that PRI isn't yet visible on the National Rail booking app.

Things take longer to happen than you think they will, and then they happen faster than you thought they could.
DaveHarries

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 05, 2023, 22:57:54 »

The first bookable journey I can find is in the direction of BRI» (Bristol Temple Meads - next trains) at  07.14 on 17th June 2023. I find it rather odd that PRI isn't yet visible on the National Rail booking app.
With which RealTimeTrains would concur. The schedules for the 16th June still say unadvertised stop but not for the 17th. However it seems that the calling pattern will only be one service per hour which I doubt will encourage usage of the new station.

Dave
Red Squirrel
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 16, 2023, 16:48:45 »

That 07.14 journey from PRI tomorrow is no longer bookable on The Trainline. I note that PRI still isn't available on National Rail website.

Things take longer to happen than you think they will, and then they happen faster than you thought they could.
Sulis John

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 16, 2023, 22:34:44 »

I note that it is now appearing (as Portway Park and Rise!) in GWR (Great Western Railway)’s “Live times” app - as the only station on the branch with no platform number.
Bmblbzzz
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 17, 2023, 13:06:23 »

Portway Park and Rise – for the early morning commuter!

Waiting at Pilning for the midnight sleeper to Prague.
Red Squirrel
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 19, 2023, 10:43:55 »

I paid a quick visit to Portway Park & Ride station on Sunday 18th June. It looks very ready for passengers, but the gate is resolutely locked:

Red Squirrel
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 19, 2023, 10:59:12 »

...and I think this says it's good to go. So what's the delay?

https://www.orr.gov.uk/sites/default/files/2023-06/portway-park-and-ride-station-orr-authorisation-letter-2023-06-02.pdf

I refer to your application for authorisation received on the 5th May 2023 and technical file reference W1045A-NWR-LTR-XXX-00001 dated 5th May 2023. Following review of your application, I can confirm that ORR» (Office of Rail and Road formerly Office of Rail Regulation - about) grants authorisation under regulation 4(1)(a) of the Railways (Interoperability) Regulations 2011, as amended. This authorisation is for the placing in service of the following:

• A new unmanned single platform Station on CNX line with access from the existing car park, with the provision of
• sheltered waiting area with seating and ticket machines, capable of accommodating 5-car DMUs (Diesel Multiple Unit).
CCTV (Closed Circuit Tele Vision) coverage with no “blind spots”
• A station information and security system with CCTV and customer information systems, PA (Public Address) and Help Point
• Sufficient lighting at all publicly accessible places in the station
• Relocation of 2 Signals – SA3 and SA3R to provide a protecting signal between the proposed station and Avonmouth Dock Level Crossing located Severn Beach to Narroways Hill Jn Line (CNX) All lines (Line ID: 3100) From 7m 60ch to 8m 25ch inclusive.

There are no restrictions or limitations of use on the structural subsystem as described in the Declaration of Verification, reference: W1045A-NWR-CRF.ESS-000001 A02. dated 5th May 2023 and described in the Approved Body and Designated Body Technical File Reference Report reference NCB_N05463_CAR_4912, version V1, dated 04/05/2023

ChrisB
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #160 on: June 19, 2023, 11:18:09 »

That's dated June 2nd, so not long ago was it approved.

Are the stops already in the timetable, but just 'hidden'/suppressed?

Then maybe just awaiting the funders & operators to agree an Opening Date....
johnneyw
Transport Scholar

From station to station, back to Bristol city....

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 19, 2023, 12:55:50 »

Are there any upcoming dates on the local political calender when such an announcement may be expedient?
RichardB

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 20, 2023, 08:15:25 »

Don't forget that GWR (Great Western Railway) have two stations to open in quick succession - this one and Marsh Barton.  A lot of the same people will be working on the arrangements for both so there is a bit of an issue with scheduling.  I am sure it won't be long now before everything becomes clear.
chuffed

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 20, 2023, 09:08:22 »

It would seem rather apt if the station with the longest wait, should open on the longest day.... Roll Eyes

It seems the Exeter lot have stolen a Marsh (sic) on us. That's Portway Parkway chances of being first, gone for a Barton (sic).....
« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 16:31:55 by chuffed » Logged
Sulis John

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 24, 2023, 16:21:49 »

They’re waiting to open it and Ashley Down on the same day!
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15
  Print  

Jump to: