Short Run
15:50 Penzance to Gloucester
16:31 Barnstaple to Axminster
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 19, 2024, 17:12:07 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[273] Rail to refuge / Travel to refuge
[84] Rail delay compensation payments hit £100 million
[36] Difficult to argue with e-bike/scooter rules?
[34] Signage - not making it easy ...
[7] IETs at Melksham
[6] Ferry just cancelled - train tickets will be useless - advice?

News: A forum for passengers ... with input from rail professionals welcomed too

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Saltash Station and Saltash Rail Users Group (merged topics)  (Read 111542 times)
cornishman

View Profile Email
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2008, 07:55:24 »

i know how you feel Angry
Jim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2008, 16:49:57 »

I have just received a nice e-mail appoligizing for this, they did say a load of rubbish though. They said the service was cancelled due to a fault in the drivers cab. No it wasn't, they set swapped it for a broken unit which they knew wouldn't work. They will send ^8 travel vouchers though, strange as I never sent off my tickets which came to just under ^8. Also strange as I was only delayed by about 30 mins.
Don't moan then!

Cheers
Jim Smiley
AG's most famous quote "It'll be better next week"
Conner

08436 at Corfe Castle on the Swanage Railway

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2008, 16:53:49 »

I have just received a nice e-mail appoligizing for this, they did say a load of rubbish though. They said the service was cancelled due to a fault in the drivers cab. No it wasn't, they set swapped it for a broken unit which they knew wouldn't work. They will send ^8 travel vouchers though, strange as I never sent off my tickets which came to just under ^8. Also strange as I was only delayed by about 30 mins.
Don't moan then!
I got that e-mail as I posted that, previous moans are based on assuption I wouldn't get compensation.  Cheesy
Chris from Nailsea
Administrator

I am not railway staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2008, 22:52:43 »

They will send ^8 travel vouchers though, strange as I never sent off my tickets which came to just under ^8. Also strange as I was only delayed by about 30 mins.

I've also been sent similar 'compensation' travel vouchers, "as a gesture of goodwill", even though I've not asked for compensation when I've complained about delays in the past.

I even got one letter from the FGW (First Great Western) Customer Services Team in Plymouth, in which they included the same 'standard paragraph' twice, explaining why they couldn't offer me compensation - but they then enclosed a rail voucher for ^25 "as a gesture of goodwill"!

All rather bizarre, as I hadn't asked for any compensation, I hadn't sent them my tickets - and my return fare on that particular day was ^3.20!

Thank you, First Great Western!  Tongue Roll Eyes Grin

William Huskisson MP (Member of Parliament) was the first person to be killed by a train while crossing the tracks, in 1830.  Many more have died in the same way since then.  Don't take a chance: stop, look, listen.

"Level crossings are safe, unless they are used in an unsafe manner."  Discuss.
Conner

08436 at Corfe Castle on the Swanage Railway

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2008, 06:22:14 »

Exactly what happened to me.
I have deleted it now but the e-mail was very weird, it did not actually follow on from what I had asked them but at the end I got something relevant, We are sorry that our service was not to our high standards on this occasion and I have forwarded ^8 rail travel vouchers to thd postal adrress you provided.
Out of the blue, not complaining though. Shame our tickets came to nearly ^8 so they didn't give us as much back as you Chris.
devon_metro

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2008, 16:54:08 »

Might jump on a late train some time and try my chances at getting a refund  Cheesy
Lee
Transport Scholar

GBR - The Emperor's New Rail Network

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2008, 08:32:43 »

From Saltash Rail Users Group (18/05/2008) :

Quote from: SRUG (Saltash Rail Users Group) (Saltash Rail Users Group)
The new timetable starts today. Our first extra train was the 0920 to Penzance earlier today. From tomorrow we gain the three extra weekday services.

Eastbound at 1329
Westbound at 1409 and 2036

A new Saltash timetable is now available, with healthy stocks in the Guildhall and Library. I will keep the station stocked when possible. This timetable has been produced with sponsorship from Passenger Focus - www.passengerfocus.org.uk

If you think of somewhere that could do with a pile of them then please grab some from the Guildhall, the wider they go the better.

Vous devez être impitoyable, parce que ces gens sont des salauds - https://looka.com/s/78722877
Lee
Transport Scholar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2008, 11:14:28 »

The Saltash Rail Users Group website has been relaunched (link below.)
http://www.srug.org.uk/

Vous devez être impitoyable, parce que ces gens sont des salauds - https://looka.com/s/78722877
Lee
Transport Scholar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2008, 00:51:22 »

The May 2008 Saltash timetable leaflet can be found in the link below.
http://www.srug.org.uk/saltashtraintimetable.pdf

vacman

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2008, 11:11:58 »

I spotted a couple of mistakes in the timetable, no note about the dated Newquay services!
richard bickford

View Profile Email
« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2008, 14:31:43 »

Go on tell me...
richard bickford

View Profile Email
« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2008, 14:48:12 »

Think I have found it. I am going to blame my interpretation of the FGW (First Great Western) timetable. Page 16 seems to indicate a connection from the 1506 from Paddington. The 'e' referencing 'Connections applies 30 June to 5 September' put me off the scent.

We will put up notices to indicate other options...
oooooo

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2008, 21:18:57 »

Think I have found it. I am going to blame my interpretation of the FGW (First Great Western) timetable. Page 16 seems to indicate a connection from the 1506 from Paddington. The 'e' referencing 'Connections applies 30 June to 5 September' put me off the scent.

We will put up notices to indicate other options...

I think Vacman was referring to the 18:26 only running to Newquay for part of the period, terminates Liskeard peak summer and is not indicated.

Also the 10:47 on the down calls Ferry Road so should be ---B   

Also why show Menheniot and not St.Germans? Have never seen a passenger travel MEN to STS while there is a sizable flow just between STS and SGM.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 21:24:01 by oooooo » Logged
vacman

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2008, 21:46:31 »

Another part shows the 1454 NQY (Newquay (Station)) running full period, it doesn't run in Jul/Aug, it's replaced by 1504 Nqy-Padd, just me being nit picky.  Grin
richard bickford

View Profile Email
« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2008, 22:21:06 »

Yep, hands up, a few little mistakes. I will put it up here first in December...

Not too worried about the 1454 NQY (Newquay (Station)), too much, people may turn up a little early. All weekday trains call St Germans, in fact all trains call St G apart from our down 1045 on a Saturday as the Saturdays have rolled over from last summer, hence not listing St G. It is mentioned in the notes section.

It is the 1826 that I refer to as my poor interpretation of the timetable, and I will put out an email and post a notice at the station regarding the Newquay connections.

Roll on a Monday to Saturday timetable, it will make things a bit easier.

Apologies for the mistakes, we all make them.

Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: