Read about the forum [here].
Register [here] - it's free.
What do I gain from registering? [here]
 02/06/24 - Summer Timetable starts
17/08/24 - Bus to Imber
27/09/25 - 200 years of passenger trains

On this day
29th Mar (1913)
Foundation of National Union or Railwaymen (*)

Train RunningCancelled
09:00 Gatwick Airport to Reading
09:08 Newbury to Bedwyn
09:46 Westbury to Swindon
09:54 Bedwyn to Newbury
10:22 Newbury to Bedwyn
10:55 Bedwyn to Newbury
11:05 Swindon to Westbury
11:29 Newbury to Bedwyn
11:57 Bedwyn to Newbury
12:17 Westbury to Swindon
12:52 Bedwyn to Newbury
13:15 Swindon to Westbury
14:19 Westbury to Swindon
15:14 Swindon to Westbury
16:23 Westbury to Swindon
17:36 Swindon to Westbury
18:37 Westbury to Swindon
20:13 Swindon to Westbury
21:16 Westbury to Swindon
22:30 Swindon to Westbury
Short Run
05:33 Plymouth to London Paddington
06:37 Plymouth to London Paddington
07:03 London Paddington to Paignton
08:35 Plymouth to London Paddington
08:41 Westbury to Bristol Temple Meads
09:37 London Paddington to Paignton
09:45 Bristol Temple Meads to Salisbury
10:35 London Paddington to Exeter St Davids
Delayed
05:03 Penzance to London Paddington
06:05 Penzance to London Paddington
07:10 Penzance to London Paddington
08:03 London Paddington to Penzance
08:15 Penzance to London Paddington
09:04 London Paddington to Plymouth
10:04 London Paddington to Penzance
11:03 London Paddington to Plymouth
PollsOpen and recent polls
Closed 2024-03-25 Easter Escape - to where?
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
March 29, 2024, 09:41:03 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[149] Infrastructure problems in Thames Valley causing disruption el...
[64] would you like your own LIVE train station departure board?
[59] West Wiltshire Bus Changes April 2024
[58] Reversing Beeching - bring heritage and freight lines into the...
[52] Return of the BRUTE?
[36] 2024 - Service update and amendment log, Swindon <-> Westbury...

News: the Great Western Coffee Shop ... keeping you up to date with travel around the South West

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15
  Print  
Author Topic: 7.01 from Maidenhead to Paddington  (Read 70325 times)
IndustryInsider
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 03, 2020, 10:45:24 »

And keep moaning. 😉

And you're perfectly entitled to do so as the performance of that particular train is shocking.

I'm not aware of any infrastructure issues at Oxford as the track is level and pretty much arrow straight at Platform 3.  It is a combination of staff unfamiliarity and the IET (Intercity Express Train) couplers still not behaving themselves, mostly the latter it seems.

It is pretty hopeless that day after day at Oxford the following trains 2V11 (06:04 BAN-RDG(resolve)) and 1P01 (04:48 HDF-PAD» (Paddington (London) - next trains)) keep on being allowed as far as OD2378 and OD2386 and 1T03 (06:25 BIT-OXF» (Oxford - next trains)) is allowed as far as OD2380.  All three trains are then stranded outside with nowhere to go whilst the fallout of coupling problems is dealt with.  It would be rather more sensible to hold these three trains at OD2392/2408/2490 until it is known the coupling has been successful - and then if there's problems they can be routed round it via platform 4 rather than locking up a large portion of the station and it subsequently taking far longer to catch up from the delays.

Either that or put the offending train through platform 4 anyway and put anything heading north through platform 3 if there's problems with it.

To view my GWML (Great Western Main Line) Electrification cab video 'before and after' video comparison, as well as other videos of the new layout at Reading and 'before and after' comparisons of the Cotswold Line Redoubling scheme, see: http://www.dailymotion.com/user/IndustryInsider/
ray951
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 03, 2020, 11:16:09 »

So I assume this is why the infamous 0740 RDG(resolve) - OXF» (Oxford - next trains) was cancelled again, and the following 0834 DID» (Didcot Parkway - next trains) to BAN also left late due to the late running 1V17 BAN - PAD» (Paddington (London) - next trains), all caused by the same issue.

What a lot of delays caused by the inability to couple a two sets together.

How can it be that after 2 years of running these trains there are still basic issues with them?
Sixty3Closure

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 04, 2020, 08:33:32 »

A delayed 17.08 to Bedwyn again yesterday evening which seems to be one of the equivalents to the morning trains.

And a delayed 06.54/07.01 again this morning possibly due to the irregular freight train that runs at the same time some days.
TaplowGreen
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 04, 2020, 09:18:04 »

And a delayed 06.54/07.01 again this morning possibly due to the irregular freight train that runs at the same time some days.

- I believe the 0633 (non stop to Paddington) was cancelled too this morning?
NickB

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 04, 2020, 09:56:56 »

- I believe the 0633 (non stop to Paddington) was cancelled too this morning?

Indeed it was, making the (slightly delayed) 06.45 quite busy.  I suspect that this was all due to the same freight train that came bowling through Maidenhead on the main line at about 06.35. 
mjones
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 04, 2020, 10:47:02 »

.. the late running 1V17 BAN - PAD» (Paddington (London) - next trains), all caused by the same issue.

How can it be that after 2 years of running these trains there are still basic issues with them?

This forms the 0820 from Didcot I think?  I caught it three times in the last two weeks,  late and missed connection at Reading each time. Waiting for it provided an opportunity to watch people going to Oxford struggling to get into the 0834, rammed because of the cancellation of the 0807. These problems are causing serious disruption to Didcot to Oxford commuters who must be late for work several days a week at the moment.
ray951
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 04, 2020, 12:03:32 »

.. the late running 1V17 BAN - PAD» (Paddington (London) - next trains), all caused by the same issue.

This forms the 0820 from Didcot I think?  I caught it three times in the last two weeks,  late and missed connection at Reading each time. Waiting for it provided an opportunity to watch people going to Oxford struggling to get into the 0834, rammed because of the cancellation of the 0807. These problems are causing serious disruption to Didcot to Oxford commuters who must be late for work several days a week at the moment.

Yes it does form the 0820.
No late to work every day and several people were left behind at Didcot and Radley yesterday as train so full.
TaplowGreen
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 05, 2020, 07:13:51 »

0648 fast service from Twyford cancelled this morning which should ensure that everyone is nice & cosy when the 0702 arrives at Maidenhead......
Sixty3Closure

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 05, 2020, 08:16:06 »

Yep - that's what I get for getting up earlier and trying a different train.

Bit more crowded that usual on the platform although for some reason no one got on at Maidenhead. I was in coach 4 or thereabouts and after we'd set off loads of people appeared and started moving to the front. Don't know if there was a problem with the doors or something?
NickB

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 05, 2020, 10:38:18 »

In terms of passenger numbers at Maidenhead this morning the 6.45 didn’t arrive until 6.53 and so picked up a number of 07.02 customers who were already on the platform.
That in turn left standing room only (in my carriage) at Slough.
Sixty3Closure

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 06, 2020, 10:13:33 »

Decided to work from home for the rest of the week to give my colleagues a break from daily updates on the new timetable so probably all worked perfectly if I wasn't there to see it.
BBM
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 06, 2020, 10:30:51 »

I made one of my now very irregular TWY (Twyford station)-PAD» (Paddington (London) - next trains) journeys this morning and all seemed well from my point of view, I caught the 0654 from TWY, and coach 11 where I sat was only half-full after MAI (Maidenhead station). One thing I did notice was that the 0648 (a 5-car IET (Intercity Express Train) from BDW which is non-stop from TWY) was full and standing on departure and if more people were prepared to wait for the 0654 (like me!) then that later train would be rather busier.
IndustryInsider
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 06, 2020, 10:49:20 »

I made one of my now very irregular TWY (Twyford station)-PAD» (Paddington (London) - next trains) journeys this morning and all seemed well from my point of view, I caught the 0654 from TWY, and coach 11 where I sat was only half-full after MAI (Maidenhead station). One thing I did notice was that the 0648 (a 5-car IET (Intercity Express Train) from BDW which is non-stop from TWY) was full and standing on departure and if more people were prepared to wait for the 0654 (like me!) then that later train would be rather busier.

All was well with the 07:02/07:07 off of Maidenhead again this morning, though it looks like the previous Class 387 semi-fast from Didcot ran fast from Reading (that's the 06:26 off of Twyford, and 06:33 off of Maidenhead) and might explain why the 06:48 off of Twyford was busy this morning?  The decision to run the 06:26/06:33 fast from Reading was due to it being delayed at Reading for 21 minutes due to unit problems.

MODS: Perhaps we should rename this thread as it now discusses other trains from Maidenhead and the commuter services into London from Twyford as well?

To view my GWML (Great Western Main Line) Electrification cab video 'before and after' video comparison, as well as other videos of the new layout at Reading and 'before and after' comparisons of the Cotswold Line Redoubling scheme, see: http://www.dailymotion.com/user/IndustryInsider/
Sixty3Closure

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 11, 2020, 13:21:29 »

07.01 didn't stop at Maidenhead this morning. It was only 2-3 minutes late leaving Twyford (freight train again) so not sure what the problem was.
NickB

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 11, 2020, 19:00:43 »

07.01 didn't stop at Maidenhead this morning. It was only 2-3 minutes late leaving Twyford (freight train again) so not sure what the problem was.

As was reported to rather cold customers at Maidenhead this morning:
MAI (Maidenhead station) to PAD» (Paddington (London) - next trains) on your route: 07:02 - cancelled - a problem currently under investigation.

The 06.37(?) and 06.45 ran with delays today. The 06.37 was held back to allow other HS (High Speed (short for HSS (High Speed Services) High Speed Services)) services to pass it.
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15
  Print  

Jump to: