What do I gain from registering? [here]
 tomorrow - WWRUG AGM
23/03/24 - Trains restart - Minehead
02/06/24 - Summer Timetable starts
17/08/24 - Bus to Imber

No 'On This Day' events reported for 19th Mar

Train RunningNo cancellations or delays
PollsOpen and recent polls
Open to 25/03 16:00 Easter Escape - to where?
Closed 2024-03-16 Should our rail network go cashless
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
March 19, 2024, 02:46:25 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[99] Where would you recommend for an Easter Escape?
[99] More travels ... more looking at how others do it ...
[95] M25 motorway issue: a most illuminating Twitter thread.
[80] Briefing on forthcoming changes - from GWR on 14.3.2024
[51] Europeran Rail Timetable
[51] Improvements at three Berkshire stations

News: the Great Western Coffee Shop ... keeping you up to date with travel around the South West

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Linked Events
  • FoSBR AGM: January 18, 2019
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: 18th January 2019 - FoSBR AGM  (Read 6959 times)
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: November 19, 2018, 14:28:59 »

FoSBR» (Friends of Suburban Bristol Railways - site) ( http://www.fosbr.org.uk ) AGM (Annual General Meeting) - early evening on 18th January 2019.  The Friends of Suburban Bristol Railways hold their AGM in Bristol (Clifton Down probably the nearest station - venue to be confirmed) in the early evening so that members based in the City can attend the meeting prior to commuting home by train.

A very great deal has been going on in Bristol - and will be in the New Year.   Although not a regular at FoSBR events, I expect I'll be at this one.   Coffee Shop member catch up and more?

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 15:11:45 »

FoSBR» (Friends of Suburban Bristol Railways - site) ( http://www.fosbr.org.uk ) AGM (Annual General Meeting) - early evening on 18th January 2019.  The Friends of Suburban Bristol Railways hold their AGM in Bristol (Clifton Down probably the nearest station - venue to be confirmed) in the early evening so that members based in the City can attend the meeting prior to commuting home by train.

A very great deal has been going on in Bristol - and will be in the New Year.   Although not a regular at FoSBR events, I expect I'll be at this one.   Coffee Shop member catch up and more?

It will be at the Alma Church Hall, St John’s Rd BS8 2ES, near Clifton Down Station. Friday 18 January, 7.15 arrival for 7.30 start. Delighted that it fits train times!

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
johnneyw
Transport Scholar

From station to station, back to Bristol city....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 22:17:49 »

If and it is a bit of an if, I can get out of work in time, I will endeavour to attend. It's been a long time since I've been to a FOSBR (Friends of Suburban Bristol Railways) meeting and times are getting ever more interesting regarding local rail. Still got my FOSBR membership so I should get past the bouncers at the door! 😃

It will be at the Alma Church Hall, St John’s Rd BS8 2ES, near Clifton Down Station. Friday 18 January, 7.15 arrival for 7.30 start. Delighted that it fits train times!

grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 08:36:16 »

This Friday - poster and details at http://fosbr.org.uk/files/20190118_fosbragm.pdf

I'm going ... love to meet other Coffee Shop members there!

Red Squirrel
Administrator

There are some who call me... Tim

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 10:28:35 »

I'll be there... shall I wear my rodent costume?

Things take longer to happen than you think they will, and then they happen faster than you thought they could.
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 14:55:02 »

I'll be there... shall I wear my rodent costume?

Not advised in case I turn up as a black and white cat.

Oh - wait - that was comic relief day.  Offered a free tuna sandwich for my lunch at the sandwich shop for my troubles!

Red Squirrel
Administrator

There are some who call me... Tim

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2019, 16:56:13 »

I thought it was just dogs that chased squirrels..?

Things take longer to happen than you think they will, and then they happen faster than you thought they could.
stuving
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2019, 17:08:00 »

I thought it was just dogs that chased squirrels..?

...and other squirrels, noisily, of course.
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2019, 12:40:04 »

OK ... the talk is writ ... look forward to seeing some Coffee Shop members this evening.   Should be some interesting stuff on the agenda ... as well as my little bit.   All welcome, and it would be lovely if members or lurkers from here introduce themselves. I have has a bit of a wild hair problem of late, but I think that may be fixed and I'm not as wild and frightening once you get to meet me.

Dispatch Box

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2019, 21:27:02 »

Has anyone else been suffering this message when posting?.

We are sorry an error has occured.

The last posting from your I P was less than 900 seconds ago,

please try later. Followed by another. then get fed and have to cancel post.

It says that it posted, but isn't. That's twice I had this today and never before.
ellendune
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2019, 21:28:16 »

We are sorry an error has accured.

please try later. Followed by another. then get fed and have cancel post.

It says that it posted, but isn't. That's twice I had this today and never before.

No problem from here suggest it is at your ISP's end. 
JayMac
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2019, 22:16:08 »

We are sorry an error has occured.

please try later. Followed by another. then get fed and have to cancel post.

Can we please keep posts about technical problems with the forum out of existing topics.

A post on the 'News, Help and Assistance' board is a much more appropriate place.

"Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the rest of the day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Sir Terry Pratchett.
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2019, 22:17:59 »

Good to catch up with yous all at Clifton Down this evening.

My talk had the headline "Melksham to Minehead ..." so it's available online at http://melksh.am/minehead  Grin

Lots of other interesting stuff - I'll let the other half dozen or so members who were there follow up - I'm still homeward bound!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 22:28:18 by grahame » Logged

johnneyw
Transport Scholar

From station to station, back to Bristol city....

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2019, 22:33:35 »

Would have been there myself but last min hitch would have had me arrive way too late. Hope it all went well. Will check out the link.
Western Pathfinder
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2019, 22:42:29 »

Yes a very good evening was had ,my thanks to FOSBR (Friends of Suburban Bristol Railways) and to Grahame for his Very interesting talk ,lots of things to think about and plenty to do by way of making the next moves.
Good to see some old friends,and to be able to put faces to names that are well known here, I had not realised that certain forms of rare wildlife are to be found in Clifton Down!
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: