23/03/24 - Trains restart - Minehead
02/06/24 - Summer Timetable starts
17/08/24 - Bus to Imber

No 'On This Day' events reported for 19th Mar

Train RunningCancelled
06:30 London Paddington to Cheltenham Spa
08:59 Cheltenham Spa to London Paddington
PollsOpen and recent polls
Open to 25/03 16:00 Easter Escape - to where?
Closed 2024-03-16 Should our rail network go cashless
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
March 19, 2024, 03:59:26 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[99] Where would you recommend for an Easter Escape?
[99] More travels ... more looking at how others do it ...
[95] M25 motorway issue: a most illuminating Twitter thread.
[80] Briefing on forthcoming changes - from GWR on 14.3.2024
[51] Europeran Rail Timetable
[51] Improvements at three Berkshire stations

News: the Great Western Coffee Shop ... keeping you up to date with travel around the South West

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Westbury North Junction Renewal December 2018 - January 2019  (Read 28040 times)
JayMac
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 13, 2019, 00:51:28 »

Do not think I am that young anymore, feeling old, fed up, tired, having to move again, shelling out another 4,300 pounds on rent. Got to be gratefull, at least I am not in a cardboard box behind Asda.

Cardboard box behind Asda?

Luxury!

Tongue

"Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the rest of the day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Sir Terry Pratchett.
Dispatch Box

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 13, 2019, 20:54:22 »

Will we have an Easter egg picture in the right hand corner, in place of the coffee shop one at Easter...
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 22:39:02 by Dispatch Box » Logged
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #122 on: January 13, 2019, 21:39:46 »

Will we have an Easter egg picture in the right hand corner, in place of the coffee shop one at Easter ...

I somehow doubt it ... but I expect we'll carry on with our familiar and re-assuring stability in most ways with just those few little "something different"s from time to time.

We'll probably know / decide more as we go through the next month or two ... but I doubt you'll see eggs at Easter

details here - Westbury, 9th February 2019 - Sign up via EventBrite

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
TonyK
Global Moderator

The artist formerly known as Four Track, Now!

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 18, 2019, 22:26:11 »

Luxury!

Tongue

I could only afford behind Kwik Save when I was down on my luck.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 13:55:45 by Tony (Formerly FT, N!) » Logged

Now, please!
Western Pathfinder
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 18, 2019, 23:11:40 »

Luxury!

Tongue

I could only afford begin Kwik Save when I was down on my luck.
And you try telling the young people of today that ,and they won't believe you!.
Dispatch Box

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 19, 2019, 19:12:18 »

Where is everyone?.

Down the pub!!!.
Celestial
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 19, 2019, 19:27:52 »

From my (admittedly limited) experience, contributors tend to wait until they have something interesting, informative or entertaining before posting.  That's what encouraged me to join and is one of the things that makes the forum stand out from others I've looked at.  Long may it continue!

grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #127 on: January 19, 2019, 19:48:10 »

Where is everyone?.

Down the pub!!!.

From my (admittedly limited) experience, contributors tend to wait until they have something interesting, informative or entertaining before posting.  That's what encouraged me to join and is one of the things that makes the forum stand out from others I've looked at.  Long may it continue!

Indeed (i.e. people post here in moderation).  I really doubt whether too many are down the pub!

For the absence of doubt, "Paul, Resignal Gloucester Now" is a new name for "Dispatch Box". The forum software does allow members to change their 'handles' and there are occasions when it's a good thing to do.   However, popping up with a new name, and without announcing that change, is disconcerting to the existing membership.

I noticed yesterday that Paul, or Dispatch Box, flagged up that he had triggered the posting ceiling; perhaps that should be taken as a request to keep posts to a level at which others feel comfortable and don't get upset.   The request / trigger is automated - the fact that only one member has hit it speaks volumes, I'm afraid.

This forum provides a valuable archive as well as an interactive resource.  Should the archive be being diluted by spray, or should it be being diluted because members are put off posting because of the spray, the admin and moderator team will step in. We are usually minimalist,and indeed I am asking here for people to think before they post - but we are not afraid to act if we need to.

edit to correct typo
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 20:21:49 by grahame » Logged

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
Dispatch Box

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 19, 2019, 20:30:32 »

Sorry!!! Graham,did not realise that I had to inform members. I am now taking a rest. I thought I would have a more sensible name. Dispatch Box was pathetic. BYE FOR NOW.
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #129 on: January 19, 2019, 20:44:10 »

Sorry!!! Graham,did not realise that I had to inform members. I am now taking a rest. I thought I would have a more sensible name. Dispatch Box was pathetic. BYE FOR NOW.

Personal message being sent.  Noting you are taking a break; we'll chat before you come back.

WSW Frome
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 20, 2019, 15:48:28 »

Hallelujah
TonyK
Global Moderator

The artist formerly known as Four Track, Now!

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 22, 2019, 22:28:43 »

Hallelujah

Steady now.

Where is everyone?.

Down the pub!!!.

Guilty, m'lud, although the pub in question was in Tenerife. I'm back now, and wondering why.

Now, please!
GBM
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #132 on: March 12, 2024, 08:35:18 »

Um. Is it OK to post this here?
Couldn't decide which section to post in.
Journeycheck today (12th March 2024)
Cancellations to services between Bath Spa and Westbury
Due to a fault with the signalling system between Castle Cary and Westbury all lines are blocked. Disruption is expected until 11:15 12/03.
AND
Cancellations to services between Westbury and Weymouth via Castle Cary
Due to a fault with the signalling system between Castle Cary and Westbury all lines are blocked. Disruption is expected until 11:15 12/03.
AND
Cancellations to services between Taunton and Reading via Castle Cary

Does Westbury still control all that area, in which case, it is a major failure.

Personal opinion only.  Writings not representative of any union, collective, management or employer. (Think that absolves me...........)
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #133 on: March 12, 2024, 08:48:57 »

Um. Is it OK to post this here?
Couldn't decide which section to post in.

Post away ... because we have sections line by line, we have an issue when it comes to things at interchanges and junctions.   It sounds like the issue, though, is not North Junction - so we may end up splitting and re-arranging topics later in the day.

bobm
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 12, 2024, 09:00:59 »

It’s a fault at Hawkeridge Junction which affects a large number of routes.
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  

Jump to: