Train GraphicClick on the map to explore geographics

I need help
FAQ
Emergency
About .
Travel & transport from BBC stories as at 12:35 28 Mar 2024
* Man held over stabbing in front of train passengers
- How do I renew my UK passport and what is the 10-year rule?
- Easter travel warning as millions set to hit roads
Read about the forum [here].
Register [here] - it's free.
What do I gain from registering? [here]
 02/06/24 - Summer Timetable starts
17/08/24 - Bus to Imber
27/09/25 - 200 years of passenger trains

On this day
28th Mar (1988)
Formal end to carrying coffins by BR (link)

Train RunningCancelled
10:30 London Paddington to Weston-Super-Mare
10:41 Cardiff Central to London Paddington
11:00 Bristol Temple Meads to London Paddington
11:16 London Paddington to Cardiff Central
11:23 Weston-Super-Mare to London Paddington
11:30 London Paddington to Bristol Temple Meads
11:50 Cardiff Central to London Paddington
Additional 12:07 Bristol Temple Meads to Gloucester
12:15 London Paddington to Cardiff Central
12:17 Westbury to Swindon
12:30 London Paddington to Weston-Super-Mare
13:00 Bristol Temple Meads to London Paddington
13:15 Swindon to Westbury
13:26 Weston-Super-Mare to London Paddington
14:19 Westbury to Swindon
15:14 Swindon to Westbury
Short Run
07:10 Penzance to London Paddington
08:03 London Paddington to Penzance
09:30 Weymouth to Gloucester
10:35 London Paddington to Exeter St Davids
10:55 Paignton to London Paddington
11:12 Salisbury to Bristol Temple Meads
11:23 Portsmouth Harbour to Cardiff Central
11:41 Bristol Temple Meads to Salisbury
11:48 London Paddington to Carmarthen
12:03 London Paddington to Penzance
12:11 Bristol Temple Meads to Avonmouth
12:12 Salisbury to Bristol Temple Meads
12:46 Avonmouth to Weston-Super-Mare
13:03 London Paddington to Plymouth
13:07 Salisbury to Bristol Temple Meads
13:10 Gloucester to Weymouth
16:19 Carmarthen to London Paddington
Delayed
09:04 London Paddington to Plymouth
09:37 London Paddington to Paignton
10:04 London Paddington to Penzance
PollsOpen and recent polls
Closed 2024-03-25 Easter Escape - to where?
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
March 28, 2024, 12:36:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[151] West Wiltshire Bus Changes April 2024
[85] would you like your own LIVE train station departure board?
[58] Return of the BRUTE?
[49] If not HS2 to Manchester, how will traffic be carried?
[46] Infrastructure problems in Thames Valley causing disruption el...
[36] Reversing Beeching - bring heritage and freight lines into the...

News: A forum for passengers ... with input from rail professionals welcomed too

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 39
  Print  
Author Topic: 2019 - TransWilts cancellation and amendments log  (Read 106147 times)
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2019, 18:18:07 »

Does the lack of posts in the last week mean that the first full working week of 2019 was trouble free? Reading back a few pages of history it would seem that would be a welcome new year's gift, and hopefully a sign of better things to come?

There have been no issues that have made Journey check single last weekend.   Having said that, on SUNDAY trains were terminated at Chippenham (planned) and passengers for Swindon had to wait there up to 80 minutes for the onward train.

But, generally, good news this week. A few trains a few minutes late. 

I have been asked to provide a log of late running, etc, at the end of each month to TransWilts and that's being generated at http://www.mrug.org.uk/record.html - a quick look back every few days though Real Time Trains will give me missing background data.   Frankly, unless a keyconnection misses such as the Sunday morning one at Westbury for Weymouth, or coming back from Bristol the 17:49 into the TransWilts train at Trowbridge, a few minutes delay really don't matter.

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2019, 05:43:29 »

Breaking news ... broken freight on single line via Melksham ... summoning help and single line closed in the meantime!

Starting to show on Melksham Rail User Group dynamic record at http://www.mrug.org.uk/record.html and out live running feed at http://www.mrug.org.uk/live.html

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2019, 06:04:45 »

See attachment ....

grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2019, 06:19:54 »

See attachment ....

And sorted??

05:17 Gloucester to Southampton Central due 08:09
05:17 Gloucester to Southampton Central due 08:09 is now running as scheduled.

JayMac
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2019, 06:24:47 »

Someone had too much for breakfast this morning.

6A15 is struggling on the Melksham single line

Driver reported the train is travelling at 1mph

Train formed of loco 59202 and 3,538 tonnes trailing

Train is overweight for the route

Train Defect - 6A15 Melksham single line Update 05:30

Train will remain on the Melksham single line until an assisting loco is summonned.

Due to being overweight for the route, it has been denied access onto the Main line and to protect the London morning peak service

Traiin has 3,538 tonnes trailing - the weight restriction is 3210 tonnes

Trains that are booked to run via Melksham will be diverted via Bathampton Jn

"Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the rest of the day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Sir Terry Pratchett.
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2019, 09:03:02 »

07:04 Westbury to Cheltenham Spa due 09:05
07:04 Westbury to Cheltenham Spa due 09:05 will no longer call at Kemble, Stroud and Stonehouse.
It has been delayed at Westbury and is now 35 minutes late.
This is due to a points failure.

07:33 Westbury to Swindon due 08:15
07:33 Westbury to Swindon due 08:15 has been delayed at Westbury and is now 34 minutes late.

Dispatch Box

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2019, 12:11:45 »

07:04 Westbury to Cheltenham Spa due 09:05 will no longer call at Kemble, Stroud and Stonehouse.

07:33 Westbury to Swindon due 08:15 has been delayed at Westbury and is now 34 minutes late.

Is this at Westbury? Well I said they should of installed better points, those looked old fashioned. When they relaid the tracks in Oxford they used the ones, that I thought they always install now.
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2019, 16:20:12 »

Is this at Westbury? Well I said they should of installed better points, those looked old fashioned. When they relaid the tracks in Oxford they used the ones, that I thought they always install now.

Most likely just teething troubles.  We may be very frustrated at all that relaxin without a fourth track alongside the empty platform face (or at least a stub for it) at the same time, but I rather suspect they'll have put the right stuff in - indeed if anything they may have over-engineered.

Dispatch Box

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2019, 17:15:24 »

Most likely just teething troubles.  We may be very frustrated at all that relaxin without a fourth track alongside the empty platform face (or at least a stub for it) at the same time, but I rather suspect they'll have put the right stuff in - indeed if anything they may have over-engineered.

Yes I felt that this relaying of Westbury was a waste of money. When network rail could of spent the money on schemes to relieve congestion, like in Gloucester they could of installed two new signals to allow bi-directional working on the lines to Barnwood from Horton road Junction. This should of been done in the 80.s when plat 4 was brought into use. Now due to this, crosscountry do not stop many of their trains due to long reversal times.

Dispatch Box

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2019, 17:19:58 »

Westbury should of been done, when they could close the station for 7 weeks and relayed the tracks from end to end and replaced the signalling on to TVSC» (Thames Valley Signalling Centre - about)(LIKE THEY DID» (Didcot Parkway - next trains) IN OXFORD) or somewhere, and brought in the unused platform, everyone would be happy, even graham as they would of two tracked the Melksham line as well. I think I need to work for NR» (Network Rail - home page) then it would get done.
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2019, 16:40:58 »

19:32 Westbury to Cheltenham Spa due 21:33
Facilities on the 19:32 Westbury to Cheltenham Spa due 21:33.
This is due to a fault on this train.
Will be formed of 3 coaches instead of 2.

RA
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2019, 17:37:48 »

The points failure was at Hawkeridge Junction. These points weren't replaced in the Westbury blockade.
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2019, 08:13:07 »

07:33 Westbury to Swindon due 08:15 has been delayed at Trowbridge and is now 16 minutes late.
This is due to a fault on this train.

bobm
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2019, 08:20:21 »

The 05:17 from Gloucester (06:36 Melksham) has terminated at Salisbury due to a broken windscreen.
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2019, 18:01:24 »

17:36 Swindon to Westbury due 18:17
17:36 Swindon to Westbury due 18:17 is being delayed at Chippenham.
This is due to animals on the railway.

Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 39
  Print  

Jump to: