Train GraphicClick on the map to explore geographics

I need help
FAQ
Emergency
About .
Travel & transport from BBC stories as at 12:15 28 Mar 2024
* Man held over stabbing in front of train passengers
- How do I renew my UK passport and what is the 10-year rule?
- Easter travel warning as millions set to hit roads
Read about the forum [here].
Register [here] - it's free.
What do I gain from registering? [here]
 02/06/24 - Summer Timetable starts
17/08/24 - Bus to Imber
27/09/25 - 200 years of passenger trains

On this day
28th Mar (1988)
Formal end to carrying coffins by BR (link)

Train RunningCancelled
10:15 London Paddington to Cardiff Central
10:30 London Paddington to Weston-Super-Mare
10:41 Cardiff Central to London Paddington
11:00 Bristol Temple Meads to London Paddington
11:16 London Paddington to Cardiff Central
11:23 Weston-Super-Mare to London Paddington
11:30 London Paddington to Bristol Temple Meads
11:50 Cardiff Central to London Paddington
Additional 12:07 Bristol Temple Meads to Gloucester
12:15 London Paddington to Cardiff Central
12:17 Westbury to Swindon
12:30 London Paddington to Weston-Super-Mare
13:00 Bristol Temple Meads to London Paddington
13:15 Swindon to Westbury
14:19 Westbury to Swindon
15:14 Swindon to Westbury
Short Run
06:00 London Paddington to Penzance
07:10 Penzance to London Paddington
08:03 London Paddington to Penzance
09:30 Weymouth to Gloucester
10:35 London Paddington to Exeter St Davids
10:45 Bristol Temple Meads to Salisbury
10:55 Paignton to London Paddington
11:12 Salisbury to Bristol Temple Meads
11:23 Portsmouth Harbour to Cardiff Central
12:03 London Paddington to Penzance
12:12 Salisbury to Bristol Temple Meads
13:03 London Paddington to Plymouth
Delayed
08:23 Portsmouth Harbour to Cardiff Central
08:35 Plymouth to London Paddington
09:04 London Paddington to Plymouth
09:37 London Paddington to Paignton
09:51 Warminster to Gloucester
10:04 London Paddington to Penzance
PollsOpen and recent polls
Closed 2024-03-25 Easter Escape - to where?
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
March 28, 2024, 12:16:51 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[161] West Wiltshire Bus Changes April 2024
[91] would you like your own LIVE train station departure board?
[62] Return of the BRUTE?
[53] If not HS2 to Manchester, how will traffic be carried?
[49] Infrastructure problems in Thames Valley causing disruption el...
[38] Reversing Beeching - bring heritage and freight lines into the...

News: A forum for passengers ... with input from rail professionals welcomed too

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 39
  Print  
Author Topic: 2019 - TransWilts cancellation and amendments log  (Read 106146 times)
bobm
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2019, 21:30:39 »

Very frustrating after no reported cancellations for a month up to last Sunday.
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2019, 21:44:09 »

Very frustrating after no reported cancellations for a month up to last Sunday.

My log shows Melksham misses on 6th and 7th ... http://www.mrug.org.uk/record.html ... not sure if they were cancellations all the way through.

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
bobm
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2019, 22:16:20 »

I was going by the, usually, accurate log on this thread.
Lee
Transport Scholar

GBR - The Emperor's New Rail Network

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2019, 22:20:17 »

20:08 from Swindon also went via Bathampton missing Melksham.

Rescue loco on the way to move the striken freight train.

Vous devez être impitoyable, parce que ces gens sont des salauds - https://looka.com/s/78722877
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #94 on: March 16, 2019, 08:16:36 »

I was going by the, usually, accurate log on this thread.

I suspect the thread is around the 95% accurate rate (not a bad stat if you compare it to trains on time) which is remarkable as it's generated in a way that it requires an asynchronous action from members here to generate it.

A simile.   It's rather like someone saying "keep coming back to my web site and you'll find what you're looking for there when we publish it" rather than "we'll send you an email / phone you when the data's available".

Concerns at missing the odd "happening", especially last minute things (arguably the most irritating to passengers) which don't make JourneyCheck (etc), and the addition of  live departure board for Melksham (buses and trains at or near the station - http://www.mrug.org.uk/live.html ) have a allowed us the Melksham Rail User Group site to  generate an automatic log at http://www.mrug.org.uk/record.html .  That's still "keep coming back" mode, but it's now automated ... we have a visual egg timer that's set every time the page is visited by a real user, and if no-one's been there for 10 minutes the server checks the status to keep a perpetual log.

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
Timmer
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 16, 2019, 15:04:49 »

There were problems this morning with the 8.22 WSB» (Westbury - next trains)-SWI» (Swindon - next trains) which sat at Trowbridge for 25 minutes causing me to miss my London connection at Bath. I was on the train behind it.

It then got held at Bradford Junction. Journeycheck was saying traincrew issues. I also noticed Network Rail staff were at Bradford Junction so there may have been issues there as well.

Shame delay repay doesn’t start until April 1st  Angry
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2019, 16:35:23 »

There were problems this morning with the 8.22 WSB» (Westbury - next trains)-SWI» (Swindon - next trains) which sat at Trowbridge for 25 minutes causing me to miss my London connection at Bath. I was on the train behind it.

It then got held at Bradford Junction. Journeycheck was saying traincrew issues. I also noticed Network Rail staff were at Bradford Junction so there may have been issues there as well.

Shame delay repay doesn’t start until April 1st  Angry

The 06:30 Cardiff to Portsmouth was very late - 35 minutes late at Bath Spa and 64 minutes late by Trowbridge.  The Swindon train left (according to Real Time Trains) a minute after the Portsmouth train arrived (08:58, 08:59), so it is possible that the Swindon train had to wait for someone with route knowledge.    There was a Paddington to Penzance train on the TransWilts - passed through Melksham at 09:02, so that would have cause a further few minutes hold at Bradford Junction.   Real time trains shows no time for the 08:22 ex Westbury at Melksham, and neither does http://www.mrug.org.uk/record.html - I suspect it ran up to Batheaston and reversed after all that.   The extra 10 minutes of delay when it re-appears at Thingley, 47 minutes late, provides further evidence to confirm that.

bobm
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 16, 2019, 16:39:54 »

Yes the 08:22 did skip Melksham.
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #98 on: March 19, 2019, 07:26:49 »

07:04 Westbury to Cheltenham Spa due 09:05
07:04 Westbury to Cheltenham Spa due 09:05 is being delayed between Trowbridge and Melksham and is now expected to be 15 minutes late.
This is due to congestion.

Line closed between Swindon and Didcot / emergency services dealing with an incident near the railway.

Congestion almost certainly due to this diversion:

06:33 Bristol Temple Meads to London Paddington due 08:14 will be diverted between Chippenham and Reading.
It will no longer call at Swindon.
It will be delayed due to the diversion and is expected to be 20 minutes late.
This is due to the emergency services dealing with an incident near the railway.

Roll on a capacity increase ...

grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #99 on: March 19, 2019, 07:36:11 »

My understanding is that the incident is between Swindon and Didcot (near Uffington), not on the TransWilts, but ...

07:33 Westbury to Swindon due 08:15
07:33 Westbury to Swindon due 08:15 will be cancelled.
This is due to the emergency services dealing with an incident near the railway.

08:53 Swindon to Westbury due 09:41
08:53 Swindon to Westbury due 09:41 will be cancelled.

grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2019, 18:01:57 »

17:41 Cheltenham Spa to Southampton Central due 20:44
17:41 Cheltenham Spa to Southampton Central due 20:44 will no longer call at Dilton Marsh.
This is due to a problem currently under investigation.

bobm
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2019, 18:09:00 »

According to BBC» (British Broadcasting Corporation - home page) Wiltshire it seems to be a problem at Dilton Marsh rather than an issue with the train.
bradshaw
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2019, 18:19:32 »

Safety issue with the platform according to Journey Check, lasting for rest of service
bobm
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2019, 18:38:50 »

Seems to be both platforms.  A service from Portsmouth Harbour not calling either.
bradshaw
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2019, 19:07:52 »

Might it be problem with station lighting?
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 39
  Print  

Jump to: