Short Run
21:25 Evesham to London Paddington
24/04/24 00:31 London Paddington to Oxford
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 23, 2024, 23:08:18 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[243] Lack of rolling stock due to attacks on shipping in the Red Se...
[107] You see all sorts on the bus.
[97] 2024 - Service update and amendment log, Swindon <-> Westbury...
[65] Death of another bus station?
[44] "Mayflower"
[38] Rail unions strike action 2022/2023/2024

News: A forum for passengers ... with input from rail professionals welcomed too

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FGW Customer Relations  (Read 4812 times)
BandHcommuter

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2007, 16:27:17 »

On a positive note, I sent two EMails to FGW (First Great Western) customer relations today, and received full and adequate responses to both within 30 minutes. In fact one reply arrived even before the automated ("you may have to wait 5 days") response. This included confirmation of compensation for the disruption on 7 March. This gives me a first impression of a well resourced and organised customer relations unit. I wonder if others have had a similar experience?
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 17:40:20 »

Yes,  I wrote and got a reply within 2 hours on 23rd of this month - a huge improvement.  There was a clear indication that the agent replying had read my question too, as the answer was personalised and quoted parts of the question back to me.

I think the unit has always been very well organised, although it was certainly under-resourced for a time.  FGW (First Great Western)'s customer service director has told us (at several meetings I've attended recently) that they've added to the team and it looks like the resources are now good too.   Just one fly in the ointment - judging by the reply sent to me, they're still using the system to make the points that they want / say something that doesn't actually answer the question asked at times.

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 11:05:11 »

A further follow up .... I've always admired First for doing pretty well in the "consistant answers" stakes - no matter who you write to as a mere customer, you'll get a polite response, and that response will be nearly identical no matter  who you wrote to in the First place.   I've always suspected co-ordination and indeed, in a rare slipup, I've received an internal note from xxxx to yyyy discussing the co-ordination of replies to passenger zzzz, noting that "he always writes to us and to you".  Not necessarily a bad thing, but I sometimes feel that the PR (Public Relations) machine, tuned to produce the same answers at all input / output points, can get in the way of reallity when the answers it gives are to the questions that the company wants to answer rather than tothe question actually asked.

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: