Read about the forum [here].
Register [here] - it's free.
What do I gain from registering? [here]
 07/07/2020 - Tuesday Club - ONLINE
08/07/2020 - Melksham RUG - ONLINE
15/07/2020 - Harness social media - ONLINE
22/07/2020 - Melksham Rail User Group
Random Image
Train Running Polls Acronyms/Abbreviations Station Comparator Rail news GWR co. site Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
July 05, 2020, 08:50:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most liked recent subjects
[135] Thank you, Informan, for your daily diary of rail related broa...
[103] New arrivals at Swindon
[66] Cross Country - Emergency Timetable overview
[40] More dangerous overcrowding to the Westcountry
[31] Front of the bubble [DotD 10.4.2020]
[22] TransWilts leases Wiltshire Council land at Melksham Station f...
News: A forum for passengers ... with input from rail professionals welcomed too

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crossrail - further delay  (Read 3877 times)
SandTEngineer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2020, 09:23:21 pm »

Appologies for that error, but my excuse is that when I posted the update I was sitting at my desk at home trying to work out some changes to the mechanical interlocking on an hi-tech GWR 1908 pattern lever frame..... Roll Eyes Tongue

ETCS Level 0 Huh    If you added ATC would that make it level 1?

I ask as a baffled E&P Engineer

Yes it would, but it would need to be the GWR version of ATC Grin
Electric train

The future is 25000 Volts AC 750V DC has its place

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2020, 07:08:34 am »

Appologies for that error, but my excuse is that when I posted the update I was sitting at my desk at home trying to work out some changes to the mechanical interlocking on an hi-tech GWR 1908 pattern lever frame..... Roll Eyes Tongue

Is there any other,  can just see a 44' 3" ramp would work at 125 mph

Interesting document on the GWR ATC here https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=19&ved=2ahUKEwjV6_iAlbDpAhWbVBUIHcGIACIQFjASegQIBBAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rmweb.co.uk%2Fcommunity%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcore%26module%3Dattach%26section%3Dattach%26attach_id%3D953953&usg=AOvVaw1NVyPmiY3fex5c6T9LydM8&cshid=1589349951811925

Neither a wise man nor a brave man lies down on the tracks of history to wait for the train of the future to run over him.     
Dwight D. Eisenhower
Oxonhutch
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2020, 08:34:43 am »

Just under a quarter second should be enough, shouldn't it?  Grin

Although reading the attached article, the effective length is only 25'8" so 140 milliseconds might be a bit tight!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 08:40:08 am by Oxonhutch » Logged
SandTEngineer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2020, 08:38:31 am »

Interesting document on the GWR ATC here https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=19&ved=2ahUKEwjV6_iAlbDpAhWbVBUIHcGIACIQFjASegQIBBAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rmweb.co.uk%2Fcommunity%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcore%26module%3Dattach%26section%3Dattach%26attach_id%3D953953&usg=AOvVaw1NVyPmiY3fex5c6T9LydM8&cshid=1589349951811925

Yes, it could be done with coded track circuits like the original 1968 Victoria tube line. Level 1 is nothing new.. Grin
SandTEngineer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2020, 08:10:55 pm »

Latest Update: https://www.crossrail.co.uk/news/articles/crossrail-project-update
TaplowGreen
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2020, 08:14:55 pm »

Does that represent a further delay?
stuving
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2020, 08:18:17 pm »

No, it reads almost the same as January's update.
SandTEngineer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2020, 08:51:48 am »

I picked out this snippet:

Each Elizabeth line station has over 50 km of communications cabling, 200 CCTV cameras, 66 information displays, 200 radio antennas, 750 loudspeakers and 50 help points. All this technology needs to be fully installed, tested and integrated.

Tongue
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2020, 09:19:54 am »

Each Elizabeth line station has over 50 km of communications cabling, 200 CCTV cameras, 66 information displays, 200 radio antennas, 750 loudspeakers and 50 help points. All this technology needs to be fully installed, tested and integrated.

Tongue

750 loudspeakers at places like Taplow may lead to complaints of noise nuisance from nearby housing, might it not?

Coffee Shop Admin, Vice Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, and on the board of TravelWatch SouthWest.
SandTEngineer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2020, 09:29:41 am »

Tongue

750 loudspeakers at places like Taplow may lead to complaints of noise nuisance from nearby housing, might it not?

I think they are speaking of the central section stations (pun intended) Grin
Electric train

The future is 25000 Volts AC 750V DC has its place

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2020, 01:47:27 pm »

I've been in one of the Contractors Lab / development area.  It would be complex in its self if it was just one company supply systems but its not.  There are large companies who are normally in cut throat competition with each other have to work collaboratively.

One concern they have (and they are a the UK part of Germany company) is the free flow of information and engineers after the 31st Dec 2020, whilst it will not stop progress may be slowed down

Neither a wise man nor a brave man lies down on the tracks of history to wait for the train of the future to run over him.     
Dwight D. Eisenhower
TaplowGreen
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2020, 07:06:52 am »

Tongue

Depends who's singing.
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: