Train GraphicClick on the map to explore geographics

I need help
FAQ
Emergency
About .
Travel & transport from BBC stories as at 15:55 28 Mar 2024
- Man held over stabbing in front of train passengers
- How do I renew my UK passport and what is the 10-year rule?
- Jet2 launches first flight from Liverpool airport
- Easter travel warning as millions set to hit roads
Read about the forum [here].
Register [here] - it's free.
What do I gain from registering? [here]
 02/06/24 - Summer Timetable starts
17/08/24 - Bus to Imber
27/09/25 - 200 years of passenger trains

On this day
28th Mar (1988)
Formal end to carrying coffins by BR (link)

Train RunningCancelled
13:28 Weymouth to Gloucester
15:10 Newquay to Par
15:14 Swindon to Westbury
15:16 London Paddington to Cardiff Central
15:30 Bristol Temple Meads to London Paddington
16:04 Bristol Temple Meads to Filton Abbey Wood
16:51 Filton Abbey Wood to Bristol Temple Meads
17:23 Portsmouth Harbour to Cardiff Central
17:54 Cardiff Central to London Paddington
17:57 London Paddington to Worcester Foregate Street
19:33 London Paddington to Worcester Shrub Hill
20:56 Worcester Foregate Street to London Paddington
Short Run
12:03 London Paddington to Penzance
12:30 Cardiff Central to Portsmouth Harbour
13:03 London Paddington to Plymouth
13:10 Gloucester to Weymouth
15:10 Gloucester to Weymouth
15:23 Portsmouth Harbour to Cardiff Central
15:30 Cardiff Central to Portsmouth Harbour
16:19 Carmarthen to London Paddington
16:23 Portsmouth Harbour to Cardiff Central
16:54 Cardiff Central to London Paddington
Delayed
13:30 Cardiff Central to Portsmouth Harbour
13:59 Cardiff Central to Penzance
14:30 Cardiff Central to Portsmouth Harbour
PollsOpen and recent polls
Closed 2024-03-25 Easter Escape - to where?
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
March 28, 2024, 15:59:32 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[142] West Wiltshire Bus Changes April 2024
[80] would you like your own LIVE train station departure board?
[56] Return of the BRUTE?
[46] If not HS2 to Manchester, how will traffic be carried?
[43] Infrastructure problems in Thames Valley causing disruption el...
[34] Reversing Beeching - bring heritage and freight lines into the...

News: A forum for passengers ... with input from rail professionals welcomed too

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Some thoughts on Delay Repay  (Read 12504 times)
Phantom
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2020, 15:42:11 »

Thank you both
Much appreciated
RailCornwall

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2020, 17:51:51 »

Into my fourth claim, one rejected because I could have used an alternative DMU (Diesel Multiple Unit) that arrived before my delayed IET (Intercity Express Train) that I was 'scheduled' to take, symantics but it irked. Two paid out as expected, number four in yesterday due to missed connection at St Erth. We'll see how that one materialises. The MTickets need to have added the eight character booking reference numbers and price paid on them though, It would make the process much easier.

Urrrrm .... I am into appeal phase ....  Shocked This could be interesting.

Appeal rejected ....

I am now onto Great Western Railway (GWR (Great Western Railway)) Complaints.

Edit: VickiS - Clarifying Acronyms
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 20:18:17 by VickiS » Logged
SandTEngineer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2020, 18:25:23 »

I tried Delay Repay today for the first time on the way back from Worcester. The conductor was proactive in encouraging people to use it from their phones on the train.

I too undertook my first claim last week, delayed departure from Paddington causing 38min late arrival at destination.  It was settled in 8 days with no fuss.
Timmer
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2020, 18:28:59 »

It appears that the earlier rounds of claiming on delay repay are automated. Someone correct me if I’m wrong. So don’t give up RailCornwall. Once an actual human reviews your case you stand a better chance of getting a result. Failing that, write to someone high up in Great Western Railway (GWR (Great Western Railway)).

« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 20:19:10 by VickiS » Logged
lordgoata
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2020, 21:08:43 »

Well here are my thoughts on Delay Repay, its a waste of my sodding time.

NOT GWR (Great Western Railway) related, as this is Great Northern. Basically all their trains out of Kings Cross were cancelled on December 28th, so we were told to put a claim in. I then travelled to Liverpool Street to go via an alternative route and ended up missing my connection at Cambridge and being over an hour late at my final destination.

Having never made a claim before, I put in for the leg that was cancelled (seems completely illogical to me to claim from the start when the bit that was cancelled was in the middle), and so they rejected the claim and told me how to correct it, and to put in the claim again, selecting Re-submit and to provide the reference number in the comments. All of which I did.

Today they reply and said its declined as there is a duplicate claim in the system and if I feel they have made an error, yep you guessed it, re-submit and mention the reason and reference in the comments.

I really can't be bother doing it a 3rd time given they are incapable of reading and following their own instructions....

As I said, not GWR related but I needed to vent somewhere, so please forgive me :-)

Edit: OK, I take it all back - just received another email to say they agree and are refunding me £34 after all! Either someone pressed the wrong button, or as it possibly appears, there was some confusion at their end. I submitted the claim at Greater Northern. Greater Northern rejected the first claim for being incorrectly entered (gtrailway.com email address). The second one was declined by ThamesLink (thameslinkrailway.com) - but signed Greater Northern & ThamesLink Delay Repay Team. The last email was also from ThamesLink, so I guess ThamesLink did not realise Greater Northern originally replied?! No idea. Very confusing. Anyway all sorted!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 21:37:36 by lordgoata » Logged
rogerpatenall

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2020, 09:22:36 »

Like SandT, I have just submitted my first claim (1655 Parkway to Paddington) on January 2nd. Confirmation received yesterday. Well pleased. Two thoughts. (1) Nice coffee in the cafe on the footbridge. And (2) serious congestion on the bridge. The 1655 finally arrived on platform 4 (I think - the northerly island). Seats at the front of the 10 car train. Anyway, everyone off, and told to cross "quickly" to 5 car train waiting on the other island. Not being very mobile myself - although the problem not immediately visible - I was seen as an annoying and unnecessary encumbrance by the hundreds of other passengers. No problem with Great Western Railway (GWR (Great Western Railway)), but not impressed with their clientele.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 20:20:05 by VickiS » Logged
Timmer
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2020, 09:31:17 »

My experience with Delay Repay. London North Eastern Railway (LNER» (London North Eastern Railway - about)) = Excellent. Great Western Railway (GWR (Great Western Railway)) = Improvement needed.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 20:21:39 by VickiS » Logged
johnneyw
Transport Scholar

From station to station, back to Bristol city....

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2020, 13:33:55 »

My delay repay with Great Western Railway (GWR (Great Western Railway)) in summer was dealt with most satisfactorily aside from a little confusion when I was sent a "how did we do?" questionnaire before I received any contact about the claim's resolution.

Edit: There was also the small matter of an email from Great Western Railway (GWR) asking me to apply for a refund from the ticket supplier, to which I replied that I had already sent GWR the required photo's of the tickets that I purchased through their website. I suspect it was an understandable trainee error and after that the refund was prompt and in full.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 20:22:41 by VickiS » Logged
RailCornwall

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2020, 21:38:41 »

Appeal finally responded to on Friday 7th, Accepted, refund in process, by cheque, which will take ages apparently. The process should be put back into the automated service and payment processed that way surely? Anyway I pestered the Twitter people because of the 4 weeks plus it's taken to deal with, before the official response and got a travel code as well, so we're settled at last.

Timmer
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2020, 07:16:04 »

Appeal finally responded to on Friday 7th, Accepted, refund in process, by cheque, which will take ages apparently. The process should be put back into the automated service and payment processed that way surely? Anyway I pestered the Twitter people because of the 4 weeks plus it's taken to deal with, before the official response and got a travel code as well, so we're settled at last.
Pleased to see you got a positive result in the end RailCornwall. In my experience you’ve just got to get past the automated stages if your claim keeps getting rejected so a human gets to review it.

I’m all for automation when it works, but when it doesn’t it becomes extremely frustrating.
RailCornwall

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2020, 22:18:12 »

Much much better experience in the last 72 hours. Falmouth branch service cancelled on Saturday Afternoon, Delay Repay submitted on arriving home, accepted this evening and payment advice received tonight also.
IndustryInsider
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2020, 06:38:26 »

Very few applications to deal with at the moment of course due to lack of travellers and high levels of performance.

To view my GWML (Great Western Main Line) Electrification cab video 'before and after' video comparison, as well as other videos of the new layout at Reading and 'before and after' comparisons of the Cotswold Line Redoubling scheme, see: http://www.dailymotion.com/user/IndustryInsider/
TaplowGreen
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2020, 06:50:20 »

Very few applications to deal with at the moment of course due to lack of travellers and high levels of performance.

A great line for Great Western Railway (GWR (Great Western Railway)) to take - "we have finally cracked the problem of delays with our delay/repay scheme - after extensive research we have discovered that the solution is to make the trains run on time"  Cheesy

« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 20:23:39 by VickiS » Logged
IndustryInsider
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2020, 08:58:10 »

That’s only a temporary solution until a way can be found to stop passengers from travelling completely.  Then we can go back to delaying all the trains again without any financial consequences.

To view my GWML (Great Western Main Line) Electrification cab video 'before and after' video comparison, as well as other videos of the new layout at Reading and 'before and after' comparisons of the Cotswold Line Redoubling scheme, see: http://www.dailymotion.com/user/IndustryInsider/
eightonedee
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2020, 13:40:29 »

That’s only a temporary solution until a way can be found to stop passengers from travelling completely.  Then we can go back to delaying all the trains again without any financial consequences.

Here's an idea - tell all passengers that they may catch a dangerous disease if they travel.......
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: