I need help
FAQ
Emergency
About .
Travel & transport from BBC stories as at 23:55 28 Mar 2024
- Bus plunges off South Africa bridge, killing 45
- Easter getaways hit by travel disruption
- Where Baltimore bridge investigation goes now
- How do I renew my UK passport and what is the 10-year rule?
- Easter travel warning as millions set to hit roads
Read about the forum [here].
Register [here] - it's free.
What do I gain from registering? [here]
 02/06/24 - Summer Timetable starts
17/08/24 - Bus to Imber
27/09/25 - 200 years of passenger trains

On this day
29th Mar (1913)
Foundation of National Union or Railwaymen (*)

Train RunningCancelled
22:30 Gatwick Airport to Reading
Short Run
21:04 London Paddington to Plymouth
23:04 Reading to Bedwyn
23:17 Bedwyn to Reading
Delayed
21:45 Penzance to London Paddington
23:45 London Paddington to Penzance
PollsOpen and recent polls
Closed 2024-03-25 Easter Escape - to where?
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
March 29, 2024, 00:08:56 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[98] West Wiltshire Bus Changes April 2024
[97] would you like your own LIVE train station departure board?
[86] Return of the BRUTE?
[74] Infrastructure problems in Thames Valley causing disruption el...
[53] If not HS2 to Manchester, how will traffic be carried?
[23] Reversing Beeching - bring heritage and freight lines into the...

News: A forum for passengers ... with input from rail professionals welcomed too

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23
  Print  
Author Topic: 2020 - TransWilts cancellation and amendment log  (Read 49484 times)
bobm
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2020, 16:01:14 »

The actual location is between Theale station and the M4 overbridge.
Timmer
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2020, 16:44:52 »

The Transwilts is paying the price with further services cancelled. Ironic after being one of the most reliable of services yesterday when the rest of the network was in near meltdown. Not been much better today sadly but somewhat expected after yesterday.
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2020, 16:53:01 »

The Transwilts is paying the price with further services cancelled. Ironic after being one of the most reliable of services yesterday when the rest of the network was in near meltdown. Not been much better today sadly but somewhat expected after yesterday.

16:25 Westbury to Swindon due 17:07
16:25 Westbury to Swindon due 17:07 has been cancelled.
This is due to a tree blocking the railway.

17:36 Swindon to Westbury due 18:17
17:36 Swindon to Westbury due 18:17 will be cancelled.

Indeed ... and not even a tree blocking "our" line!!

At a meeting - on timetables - today.  I have suggested that now there's a semi-fast service from Reading to Taunton in addition to a none-stop, perhaps the semi-fast should call at Swindon, Chippenham, Melksham and Trowbridge in place of Theale, Thatcham, Newbury, Hungerford and Pewsey should it be diverted and replace the TransWilts train.

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
bobm
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2020, 16:54:41 »

Indeed.

Tree down at Uffington early this morning meant a number of 387s were trapped in Cocklebury sidings at Swindon.
Tree down near Theale closed the Berks & Hants route completely until early afternoon when the down line was opened.
Damage to the overhead at Acton affecting trains leaving London this morning
A trespasser at Hanwell caused severe delays for part of the morning
The signalbox at Par was hit by lightning taking out the signalling in the area (and no doubt giving the signaller a fright!)

In addition sets out of place and staff out of hours after yesterday's problems.

Ironically I had better than expected journey back from Bristol at lunchtime.   Two successive trains from Temple Meads to Swindon via Bath were cancelled but I managed to catch a late running train to Bristol Parkway which connected with a late running train from South Wales and I got to Swindon five minutes earlier than I would have had the first cancelled train run.

Timmer
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2020, 17:06:47 »

For sure GWR (Great Western Railway) and it’s passengers have had a lot to contend with these past couple of days.
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2020, 17:10:34 »

Ironically I had better than expected journey back from Bristol at lunchtime.   Two successive trains from Temple Meads to Swindon via Bath were cancelled but I managed to catch a late running train to Bristol Parkway which connected with a late running train from South Wales and I got to Swindon five minutes earlier than I would have had the first cancelled train run.

Two buses each way for me - around 2 x 110 minutes = 220 minutes on buses today for a 120 minute meeting. But then the meeting was quality, and I had my laptop so could work on the bus.

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2020, 18:14:09 »

18:39 Westbury to Swindon due 19:21
18:39 Westbury to Swindon due 19:21 will be cancelled.
This is due to a tree blocking the railway earlier today.

20:45 Swindon to Westbury due 21:26
20:45 Swindon to Westbury due 21:26 will be cancelled.
This is due to a tree blocking the railway earlier today

grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2020, 05:34:52 »

Summary from yesterday

First service of this morning on its way from Westbury - hopefully they will do better today.  Joueneycheck tells us of problems still around Theale with train diversions inbound towards Reading / London and buses for local trains.

Let's hope that at this point "no news is good news" rather than "no news is because we haven't got around to telling you yet in Wiltshire".

grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2020, 06:22:34 »

07:36 Westbury to Swindon due 08:19
07:36 Westbury to Swindon due 08:19 will be cancelled.
This is due to a shortage of train crew.

I am jinxed, I tell you!   Third trip I have taken this year to be cancelled (and I have only made 5 trips out of town so far by - or planned - on public transport).

Never mind ... if the 07:52 is cancelled perhaps the 10:01 will run?  Yes - defensive planning already ... 

08:44 Swindon to Westbury due 09:25
08:44 Swindon to Westbury due 09:25 will be cancelled.
This is due to a shortage of train crew.

grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2020, 21:02:45 »

21:07 Swindon to Westbury due 21:49 will be started from Chippenham.
It will no longer call at Swindon.

This service is "fed" by 5M44 - an empty from Bristol up to Swindon.  Running neatly 50 minutes late off Bristol tonight, so being turned at Chippenham no doubt to have it on time for the rest of its run.   Sensible operational call, provided there's a connection that will get people from Swindon to Chippenham to get on.  Timetable wise though, silly empty working.   Better run it in service from Westbury, which would will sort out the biggest hole on TransWilts services in the week.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 21:16:17 by grahame » Logged

grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2020, 16:46:56 »

17:50 Gloucester to Southampton Central due 20:36
17:50 Gloucester to Southampton Central due 20:36 will be cancelled.
This is due to a fault on this train.

Well disguised because it's a through train but, yes, that's the 18:51 Swindon to Westbury service. next train, 20:45.

bobm
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2020, 17:41:21 »

Service now starts at Westbury.
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2020, 18:24:00 »

17:36 Swindon to Westbury due 18:17
17:36 Swindon to Westbury due 18:17 is being delayed at Chippenham.
This is due to the ambulance service dealing with an incident.

18:39 Westbury to Swindon due 19:21
18:39 Westbury to Swindon due 19:21 will be starting late from Westbury.
This is due to the ambulance service dealing with an incident.

goodness ... an interesting evening.  From Chippenham

« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 18:31:29 by grahame » Logged

grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2020, 18:49:58 »

Service now starts at Westbury.

Real time trains offers

This service is partially cancelled
This service was cancelled between Gloucester and Westbury due to the planned train being replaced with a slower train (MS).

grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2020, 17:40:43 »

Through passenger numbers from Melksham and north thereof to Romsey and Southampton at this time of night are limited ... but recorded here for completeness.  South of Salisbury , this is something on an "extra" in the 2 trains per hour normally run - one SWR» (South Western Railway - about) and one GWR (Great Western Railway); realistically, it would link into / become a SWR "Romsey 6" service at Salisbury.

17:50 Gloucester to Southampton Central due 20:36
17:50 Gloucester to Southampton Central due 20:36 will be terminated at Salisbury.
It will no longer call at Romsey and Southampton Central.
This is due to a landslip.

Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23
  Print  

Jump to: