08:59 Cheltenham Spa to London Paddington
09:50 Cardiff Central to London Paddington
10:41 Cardiff Central to London Paddington
16:00 Oxford to London Paddington
Short Run
07:25 Worcester Shrub Hill to London Paddington
08:32 London Paddington to Cheltenham Spa
PollsOpen and recent polls
Open to 25/03 16:00 Easter Escape - to where?
Closed 2024-03-16 Should our rail network go cashless
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
March 19, 2024, 09:35:46 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[185] A daily picture from my recent travels
[65] Where would you recommend for an Easter Escape?
[56] More travels ... more looking at how others do it ...
[54] M25 motorway issue: a most illuminating Twitter thread.
[49] 2024 Delays and Cancellations - North Cotswold Line
[46] Briefing on forthcoming changes - from GWR on 14.3.2024

News: A forum for passengers ... with input from rail professionals welcomed too

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cotswold Line - 2020 cancellation and amendments log  (Read 49300 times)
eightf48544
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #90 on: May 16, 2020, 09:46:31 »

I thought GW (Great Western) is awash with IETs (Intercity Express Train) with the revised timetable.
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #91 on: May 16, 2020, 10:16:38 »

I thought GW (Great Western) is awash with IETs (Intercity Express Train) with the revised timetable.

Yes ... but I suspect a last minute problem - lots of them around but too many tucked up in bed for the weekend and no spare hanging around at Paddington.   By starting out at Reading, there was an extra 30 minutes to get a train ready and being Reading that happened to be a 3 car turbo.

I have an update (received yesterday) from GWR (Great Western Railway) on IET maintenance - not had a chance to post it with appropriate visibility as the section "above the fold" is overfull today.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 10:31:34 by grahame » Logged

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
phile

Language spoken Welsh as well as English

View Profile Email
« Reply #92 on: May 16, 2020, 18:14:47 »

Yes ... but I suspect a last minute problem - lots of them around but too many tucked up in bed for the weekend and no spare hanging around at Paddington.   By starting out at Reading, there was an extra 30 minutes to get a train ready and being Reading that happened to be a 3 car turbo.

I have an update (received yesterday) from GWR (Great Western Railway) on IET maintenance - not had a chance to post it with appropriate visibility as the section "above the fold" is overfull today.

All the 800s had to be taken out of service for inspection due to a crack on a deflector plate found on several units.  They should, hopefully, be back in service by Monday following remedial work.
charles_uk
Transport Scholar

thewalkingpage
View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 25, 2020, 17:08:35 »

I've not been near the trains since March so no idea how many are actually being disrupted but there's a few things going on (or not) this afternoon:

13:18 Hereford to London Paddington due 16:24 will be diverted between Worcester Shrub Hill and Reading.
It will no longer call at Worcestershire Parkway Hl, Pershore, Evesham, Honeybourne, Moreton-In-Marsh, Kingham, Charlbury, Hanborough and Oxford.
It has been previously delayed, will be further delayed at Reading and is expected to be 40 minutes late.
This is due to a points failure.

14:50 London Paddington to Worcester Foregate Street due 17:12 was terminated at Moreton-In-Marsh.
It will no longer call at Honeybourne, Evesham, Pershore, Worcestershire Parkway Hl, Worcester Shrub Hill and Worcester Foregate Street.
It has been delayed at Slough and is now 5 minutes late.
This is due to a fault on this train.

15:18 Worcester Foregate Street to London Paddington due 17:24 has been cancelled.

16:30 Great Malvern to London Paddington due 19:28 will be started from Oxford.
It will no longer call at Great Malvern, Malvern Link, Worcester Foregate Street, Worcester Shrub Hill, Worcestershire Parkway, Pershore, Evesham, Honeybourne, Moreton-In-Marsh, Kingham, Charlbury and Hanborough.

17:57 Worcester Foregate Street to London Paddington due 20:24 will be cancelled.
Witham Bobby
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2020, 10:21:53 »

The Paddington to Worcester service wasn't much revised during the peak of the lockdown, as several others were.  Every time I checked on RealTime Trains, the service appeared to be running flawlessly.  Many days of "right time railway".

Now with other services being repopulated with trains that had been withdrawn,  the more usual delays to Worcester line services will resume, no doubt
Witham Bobby
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 07, 2020, 12:30:50 »

Anyone know what happened last evening on the OWW (Oxford Worcester and Wolverhampton)?

A bridge strike is given as attribution for delays and cancellations

1658 PAD» (Paddington (London) - next trains) 1W33 arrived at Charlbury on-time at 1806 but stayed there until 1937 (87 late)
1734 PAD 1W03 cancelled beyond Oxford
1935 GMV 1P42 cancelled beyond Worcester
1758 PAD 1W34 cancelled beyond Oxford

and

1946 GMV 1P44 started at Worcester Shrub Hill, 6 late, because of late arrival of incoming service

I'm not sure of loadings these day.  I guess he service gap would have inconvenienced far fewer passengers than it would have done in the olden days of six months ago
Witham Bobby
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 12, 2020, 10:33:31 »

A number of cancellations and short-workings this morning.  Reason is stated to be, sadly, "person hit by a train".

Looking at Real Time Trains, it would seem that the unfortunate incident happened between Didcot and Oxford, at about 0700. 

Always such a sorrow, to learn of these incidents, whatever the reasons and whatever the outcome (both of which are unknown to me).  My thoughts are with all who have been involved
IndustryInsider

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 12, 2020, 20:34:10 »

It was at Radley I believe.

To view my GWML (Great Western Main Line) Electrification cab video 'before and after' video comparison, as well as other videos of the new layout at Reading and 'before and after' comparisons of the Cotswold Line Redoubling scheme, see: http://www.dailymotion.com/user/IndustryInsider/
Witham Bobby
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2020, 10:15:11 »

It was at Radley I believe.

Thanks for the information.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels a shudder of horror when learning of these events.
Witham Bobby
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 21, 2020, 09:35:26 »

06:43 Hereford to London Paddington due 09:37
06:43 Hereford to London Paddington due 09:37 has been previously delayed, has been further delayed at Evesham and is now 31 minutes late.
This is due to a tree blocking the railway earlier today.
charles_uk
Transport Scholar

thewalkingpage
View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 25, 2020, 21:48:00 »

Causing a fair bit of disruption through the evening peak and beyond:

Cancellations to services between Evesham and Pershore

Due to a tree blocking the railway between Evesham and Pershore all lines are blocked.

Train services running through these stations may be cancelled, delayed or revised. Disruption is expected until 22:00 25/08.
charles_uk
Transport Scholar

thewalkingpage
View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 17, 2020, 16:47:18 »

Clearly this thread isn't really active now but three evening peak cancellations in a row is worth mentioning:

17:03 Didcot Parkway to Moreton-In-Marsh due 18:09 will be cancelled.

16:58 London Paddington to Great Malvern due 19:24 will be cancelled.
This is due to a shortage of train crew.

17:34 London Paddington to Hereford due 20:25 will be cancelled.
charles_uk
Transport Scholar

thewalkingpage
View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 21, 2020, 18:19:57 »

2E14 1703 Didcot Parkway to Oxford
This service was cancelled between Oxford and Moreton-in-Marsh due to an issue with the train crew (TG)

and the following three services:

16:58 London Paddington to Great Malvern due 19:24 has been cancelled.
Last Updated:21/12/2020 17:08

17:34 London Paddington to Hereford due 20:25 has been cancelled.
Last Updated:21/12/2020 18:08

17:58 London Paddington to Worcester Foregate Street due 20:07 will be cancelled.
Last Updated:21/12/2020 04:09

The earlier two seeming to be very late calls!
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #103 on: December 22, 2020, 15:56:13 »

22:50 London Paddington to Worcestershire Parkway Hl due 01:06
Facilities on the 22:50 London Paddington to Worcestershire Parkway high level due 01:06.
Will be formed of 5 coaches instead of 9.

Recording this one partly because it's causing an issue with the train amendment graphic - will sort out after Tuesday Club (at least mature a snapshot of the feed to debut later).  This marvellous platform already come up sixth 3 names - raw, with "hl" added and with "High Level" added and it's fun associating them through the software layers!

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to: