I need help
FAQ
Emergency
About .
Travel & transport from BBC stories as at 00:35 29 Mar 2024
- Bus plunges off South Africa bridge, killing 45
- Easter getaways hit by travel disruption
- Where Baltimore bridge investigation goes now
- How do I renew my UK passport and what is the 10-year rule?
- Easter travel warning as millions set to hit roads
Read about the forum [here].
Register [here] - it's free.
What do I gain from registering? [here]
 02/06/24 - Summer Timetable starts
17/08/24 - Bus to Imber
27/09/25 - 200 years of passenger trains

On this day
29th Mar (1913)
Foundation of National Union or Railwaymen (*)

Train RunningShort Run
21:04 London Paddington to Plymouth
Delayed
21:45 Penzance to London Paddington
23:45 London Paddington to Penzance
PollsOpen and recent polls
Closed 2024-03-25 Easter Escape - to where?
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
March 29, 2024, 00:47:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[98] West Wiltshire Bus Changes April 2024
[97] would you like your own LIVE train station departure board?
[86] Return of the BRUTE?
[74] Infrastructure problems in Thames Valley causing disruption el...
[53] If not HS2 to Manchester, how will traffic be carried?
[23] Reversing Beeching - bring heritage and freight lines into the...

News: A forum for passengers ... with input from rail professionals welcomed too

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Diary - cancellations, postponements, reschedules, alternatives  (Read 898 times)
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: March 18, 2020, 06:13:48 »

During the current Coronavirus outbreak, almost all events scheduled over the next few weeks have been cancelled, postponed or are being replaced by something online.

As I hear of events no longer happening when originally planned, I am removing them from the diary but leaving the thread that advertised them in place, with a clear note that they are not running.  (*)

A number of events appear in our diary as part of advertising spray from organising groups, and cancellation and postponement notices may not reach us, so please check before you try to attend anything remaining in the diary. Se events, such as the WWRUG» (West Wiltshire Rail Users Group - about) 30 year dinner this Saturday and the RailFuture Severnside AGM (Annual General Meeting) in a fortnight, are essentially booking / member events, so you should hear from the organisation if booked; web sites may still show an event running even if it's been cancelled - it's often easy to overlook a website update and with some organisations there's a reliance on one person who may have limited availability to make short term changes.

I look forward to having a "how are various organisations switching back on" thread in due course

(*) - exceptionally, I'll leave our AGM showing in the diary for 4.4.20 - but noting CANCELLED (physically) which I'm sure it will be within the next 48 hours - I await a confirmation discussion on alternative plans to conclude.  Leaving it I because - in this case - this forum is the authoritative source of the data.

I would encourage members to add online social events, interesting broadcasts, etc, to the diary. Let's keep it running as a source of things coming up to help keep us informed, in touch and entertained.

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 06:54:10 »

Snapshot of events remaining on the forum diary for the next 3 months, as at 07:00 on 18.3.2020

21/03/2020   WWRUG» (West Wiltshire Rail Users Group - about) 30th Anniversary Dinner -> Probably cancelled, but booking deadline gone and I would not hear
27/03/2020   Nationa Rail Aw. entries close -> Not a meeting event - no reason to change
27/03/2020   Health & sustainable transport -> Conference still being advertised!
28/03/2020   150/0 Final Furlong tour -> ANY NEWS anyone?
31/03/2020   Final day DA2 contract -> Not a meeting event - no reason to change
01/04/2020   Day 1 - new DA3 management -> Not a meeting event (but surely it might change in form?)
04/04/2020   Coffee Shop AGM (Annual General Meeting) -> 99% sure we're replacing with online alternative
04/04/2020   RailFuture Severnside AGM -> Still showing on Railfuture site; as local member would expect news
11/04/2020   MidHants Railwayana Auction -> Still showing
13/05/2020   2020 Community Rail in the City -> TransWilts have cancelled "All" their events but not participation in this
13/05/2020   Melksham reopened 35 years ago -> modified plans - to seek out those who were at the opening for 2021 event
20/05/2020   MRUG» (Melksham Rail User Group - site) 2020 AGM -> tonight (18.3) meeting being replace by newsletter / corresponcc which will look to this
23/05/2020   XR (Crossrail) ask you to save day
04/06/2020   RailFuture @ Westbury -> Still showing of RailFuture website
05/06/2020   World Environment Day
11/06/2020   Community Rail Dinner -> just a "diary date" so far - no publicity has gone out. Expect not to happen.
12/06/2020   GWR (Great Western Railway) Community Rail Conference -> just a "diary date" so far - no publicity has gone out
15/06/2020   Entries close, ACoRP (Association of Community Rail Partnerships) awards -> Not a meeting event - no reason to change
27/06/2020   RailFuture national AGM -> "Sign up" flyer arrived in post yesterday, but National Board discussing postponement until 3rd October and combining with annual national conference

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: