Train Graphic
Great Western Passengers' Forum Great Western Coffee Shop - [home] and [about]
Read about the forum [here]. Register and contribute [here] - it's free.
Random Image
Train Running @GWR Twitter Acronyms/Abbreviations Station Comparator Rail News GWR co. site Site Style 1 2 3 4 Chat on off
December 17, 2017, 07:43:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
News: A forum for passengers ... with input from rail professionals welcomed too

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36]
  Print  
Author Topic: Portishead Line reopening for passengers - ongoing discussion  (Read 142360 times)
chuffed

View Profile
« Reply #525 on: November 22, 2017, 05:19:09 PM »

I'll be dead chuffed when it reopens.

However with slightly different punctuation.... I'll be dead. Chuffed. When it re-opens.....

The latter would be much to trainers delight. If he insists on dancing on the track at my demise, I hope he gets mown down by the first train that runs rather like William Husskison. Then he can do a deadly dance macabre with Cllr Reyna Knight.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 09:49:05 PM by chuffed » Logged
Western Pathfinder
TransWilts Member

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 22, 2017, 06:12:23 PM »

Methinks the loss of Chuffed would be too grater price to pay to see the line to PortZ open again !.
chuffed

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 22, 2017, 06:15:53 PM »

Methinks the loss of Chuffed would be too grater price to pay to see the line to PortZ open again !.

Aw, shucks ..... with cheesy grin Grin
Chris from Nailsea
Administrator

I am not railway staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #528 on: November 22, 2017, 09:38:48 PM »

Husskison.  Wink

William Huskisson MP was the first person to be killed by a train while crossing the tracks, in 1830.  Many more have died in the same way since then.  Don't take a chance: stop, look, listen.

"Level crossings are safe, unless they are used in an unsafe manner."  Discuss.
johnneyw

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar... and doesn't.

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: November 22, 2017, 10:02:41 PM »

Husskison.  Wink

No wonder then that none of our great and good seem to want to have it opened and then go to the opening!
chuffed

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 22, 2017, 10:57:42 PM »

First time I've seen the words great and good applied to our dear leader and deputy leader in North Somerset Parish !
Western Pathfinder
TransWilts Member

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: November 22, 2017, 11:15:16 PM »

''Tis nearly the season of peace and goodwill to all men after all !.
Noggin

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: December 07, 2017, 01:50:23 PM »

Walking over the old railway bridge near Portbury today there were notices fixed advising of consultation relating to the T&W Act application to reopen the line. Hardly world-shattering, but encouraging nonetheless.
chuffed

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 07, 2017, 01:52:55 PM »

I think that consultation closed 2 days ago !. As has been said so often on this page why don't they JFDI Huh??
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36]
  Print  

Jump to: