21:02 Oxford to London Paddington
Short Run
15:50 Penzance to Gloucester
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 19, 2024, 20:37:40 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[313] Rail to refuge / Travel to refuge
[65] Rail delay compensation payments hit £100 million
[58] Problems with the Night Riviera sleeper - December 2014 onward...
[49] Somerset and Dorset Devonshire Tunnel flood
[28] Difficult to argue with e-bike/scooter rules?
[26] Signage - not making it easy ...

News: the Great Western Coffee Shop ... keeping you up to date with travel around the South West

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 42
  Print  
Author Topic: Okehampton-Tavistock. Discussion on reopening and potential use as a diversionary route  (Read 270562 times)
gaf71

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2008, 04:46:24 »

I have been impressed with the loads i've seen so far for St. James--Okehampton on Sundays.
I agree, I've worked the first Okehampton service on a couple of sundays this summer, and taken ^300-^400 each time. Thats not bad considering there are no facilities at OKE station at the moment.
6 OF 2 redundant adjunct of unimatrix 01

View Profile Email
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2008, 12:27:24 »

basically a realy alternative to the car, to be fair while the guards statement about the number of passengers on sunday was impressive it is not unusual for a one off or once a week (5 runs on a sunday in this case) to attract attension however with the councls backing this clearly shows that this could be a tourism route... also if the dartmoor railway was reistablished there were  20000 vistitors last year, increacing the capacity as far to crediton would in its self generate revinue,okehampton is expanding and needs better public transport and im sorry but in some areas blocking the road with a bus does not work.

in the long term would extending to tavi be viable well to be honest i havnt researched that far and just getting sevices running again would be in its self a big job, so for now i think the target should be okehampton

View Profile Email
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2008, 22:24:04 »

ok just out of interest can anyone tell me if a buyer has been found?

if not an open access company with public shares is the way forward
The SprinterMeister

Trundling round the SW

Chris64ex4@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2008, 22:11:28 »

ok just out of interest can anyone tell me if a buyer has been found?

if not an open access company with public shares is the way forward

Last I heard (some time ago) was that there were two potential buyers waiting in the wings, undergoing due diligence checks. Remember that Dartmoor Railway is only the operating company, the Quarry company own the railway line to Coleford Jn and Devon County Council I think own Okehampton station. Not sure who paid for the stations at Meldon Quarry and Sampford Courtenay to be honest.

Trundling gently round the SW

View Profile Email
« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2008, 01:48:20 »

well put it this was if 50 people on here think its worth setting up a public limited company i will go for it...thats if a buyer hasnt been found

oooooo

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2008, 03:01:37 »

(link below)

View Profile Email
« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2008, 15:55:42 »

it just says link below?
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2008, 17:53:41 »

it just says link below?

Yes,  I didn't understand that either ... I had to delete a lot of other posts during last night, including links to inappropriate sites and personal attacks on other members, but let this one stay (unaltered) as I saw nothing offensive in it.  I guess a link was missing, and I can only imagine what it would have contained!

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep

View Profile Email
« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2008, 23:27:40 »

i was hoping it was a link to how to reopen the dartmoor railway
swlines

View Profile Email
« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2008, 15:59:03 »

it just says link below?

Yes,  I didn't understand that either ... I had to delete a lot of other posts during last night, including links to inappropriate sites and personal attacks on other members, but let this one stay (unaltered) as I saw nothing offensive in it.  I guess a link was missing, and I can only imagine what it would have contained!
Just noticed this .... I believe it was aimed to be a pisstake as opposed to posting a dodgy link. Wink
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2008, 16:55:00 »

... I had to delete a lot of other posts during last night, including links to inappropriate sites and personal attacks on other members ...
Just noticed this .... I believe it was aimed to be a pisstake as opposed to posting a dodgy link. Wink

I don't know what the intent on this particular thread was, Tom (do you?).  I do know that I spent a fair time on Monday morning deleting posts that including personal attacks and also links to sites selling sexual services, but I tried to be as low key as practical in my moderation and l left about a third of the posts to give people something of an idea of what had been sprayed at us. Some of those remaining posts could be classified using the term you chose.

In hindsight, leaving some posts up may not have been an ideal decision. It has clearly lead you, and perhaps others, to incorrectly assume that the spray attack was of a far less serious nature than actually happened.

Let's get back on topic should we - Okehampton.  I've been away for the last week and have somewhat lost track of the latest twist.  Can someone follow up to fill us in please?

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
swlines

View Profile Email
« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2008, 17:16:20 »

I saw what was posted before you deleted it all, Graham. I'm simply taking a neutral view on it.

There was no intention for the post ... just as a generally annoying thing to wind up the moderators! You see, I know stuff. Wink
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2008, 17:27:25 »

I saw what was posted before you deleted it all, Graham. I'm simply taking a neutral view on it.

There was no intention for the post ... just as a generally annoying thing to wind up the moderators! You see, I know stuff. Wink

I'm not sure how you can be so certain you saw all of the posts, Tom, and how you can be fully aware of the intention of each of them.  Perhaps you had better explain further.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 17:29:18 by grahame » Logged

View Profile Email
« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2008, 23:53:25 »

see.... kind of gone off the subject yet again...
swlines

View Profile Email
« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2008, 00:00:10 »

I'm not sure how you can be so certain you saw all of the posts, Tom, and how you can be fully aware of the intention of each of them.  Perhaps you had better explain further.
You have a PM (that you haven't replied to).
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 42
  Print  

Jump to: