Train GraphicClick on the map to explore geographics

I need help
FAQ
Emergency
About .
Travel & transport from BBC stories as at 08:15 28 Mar 2024
* Easter travel warning as millions set to hit roads
- What contributed to the Baltimore Bridge collapse?
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries after train stabbing
Read about the forum [here].
Register [here] - it's free.
What do I gain from registering? [here]
 02/06/24 - Summer Timetable starts
17/08/24 - Bus to Imber
27/09/25 - 200 years of passenger trains

On this day
28th Mar (1992)
MOD Kineton tour, branch line society (*)

Train RunningCancelled
06:28 London Paddington to Weston-Super-Mare
06:57 Swansea to London Paddington
07:28 London Paddington to Bristol Temple Meads
07:38 Exeter St Davids to Okehampton
07:43 Swansea to London Paddington
07:54 Looe to Liskeard
08:18 London Paddington to Cardiff Central
08:25 Okehampton to Exeter Central
08:30 London Paddington to Weston-Super-Mare
08:30 Liskeard to Looe
09:00 Bristol Temple Meads to London Paddington
09:05 Looe to Liskeard
09:12 London Paddington to Cardiff Central
09:29 Weston-Super-Mare to London Paddington
09:30 London Paddington to Bristol Temple Meads
10:15 London Paddington to Cardiff Central
10:30 London Paddington to Weston-Super-Mare
10:41 Cardiff Central to London Paddington
11:00 Bristol Temple Meads to London Paddington
11:16 London Paddington to Cardiff Central
11:23 Weston-Super-Mare to London Paddington
11:30 London Paddington to Bristol Temple Meads
11:50 Cardiff Central to London Paddington
12:15 London Paddington to Cardiff Central
12:30 London Paddington to Weston-Super-Mare
Short Run
04:54 Plymouth to London Paddington
05:40 Bristol Temple Meads to Penzance
06:18 Yeovil Pen Mill to Filton Abbey Wood
06:48 Cheltenham Spa to London Paddington
06:54 Taunton to London Paddington
07:12 London Paddington to Cardiff Central
07:25 Okehampton to Exeter Central
08:34 Exeter Central to Okehampton
09:35 Exeter Central to Okehampton
09:50 Cardiff Central to London Paddington
10:50 Penzance to Cardiff Central
Delayed
05:03 Penzance to London Paddington
05:23 London Paddington to Swansea
05:33 Plymouth to London Paddington
05:55 Plymouth to London Paddington
06:00 London Paddington to Penzance
06:30 Bristol Temple Meads to London Paddington
06:38 Weymouth to Gloucester
06:50 Westbury to Weymouth
09:37 London Paddington to Paignton
10:04 London Paddington to Penzance
10:23 London Paddington to Oxford
10:35 London Paddington to Exeter St Davids
PollsOpen and recent polls
Closed 2024-03-25 Easter Escape - to where?
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
March 28, 2024, 08:27:10 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[155] West Wiltshire Bus Changes April 2024
[124] would you like your own LIVE train station departure board?
[85] Return of the BRUTE?
[67] Infrastructure problems in Thames Valley causing disruption el...
[53] Reversing Beeching - bring heritage and freight lines into the...
[29] CrossCountry upgrade will see 25% more rail seats

News: the Great Western Coffee Shop ... keeping you up to date with travel around the South West

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Pershore Station Developments  (Read 23917 times)
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2020, 08:11:04 »

Hmmm .. Noting there is a 200 pound penalty for misuse - not sure that I've seen that before.  It appears to be applied to both buttons - "I'm feeling suicidal" to blue button, c-ching, 200 pounds - or is that journey planning?

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
TonyN
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2020, 23:23:18 »

More progress on the car park (only taken 20 years)

A plan adding at least 200 spaces of commuter parking as well as significantly increased parking for disabled rail users has now been submitted to the government.

The plan, which also includes installing a new connecting footbridge, has been under consideration since 2016 when West Worcestershire MP (Member of Parliament) Harriett Baldwin was first briefed on the proposals by Wychavon District Council.

https://www.eveshamjournal.co.uk/news/18813311.pershore-railways-station-car-park-plan-back-track/
TonyN
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2020, 21:52:26 »

Further update on the platform information screen.
I had to travel to Evesham this afternoon on the 14:24 to collect my car from the garage.

I arrived at Pershore station at about 14:10, this was taken at 14:16. The time has not updated to GMT due to the system being off line for months.
TonyN
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2020, 22:41:11 »

On Page 28 of this document is a plan of the proposed new car park

https://www.pershoretownplan.co.uk/uploads/8/3/4/6/83468208/town_plan_final_adopted.pdf
TonyN
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2021, 12:50:15 »

Further update on the platform information screen.
I had to travel to Evesham this afternoon on the 14:24 to collect my car from the garage.

I arrived at Pershore station at about 14:10, this was taken at 14:16. The time has not updated to GMT due to the system being off line for months.

The Platform Information disply and clock have now been fixed.
TonyN
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2021, 21:47:11 »

Work on the new road bridge east of Pershore station is now more advanced.

https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/19631552.work-new-bridge-bypass-near-pershore-gets-underway/?fbclid=IwAR28rlRbT2pYuDTUp_SabraN_TixzlWvHoutH4GMnSFT0OqFEaBtJ1rlTQU

WORK on a new county road bypass is now underway.

A new photo has been shared online showing the pillars for the new Pershore Northern Link Road.

This is part of Worcestershire County Council's ongoing scheme to improve road-links throughout the county.

When finished, the area will have a new bridge over the railway, linking Wyre Road to the A44 Wyre Piddle Bypass.
TonyN
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2022, 16:40:28 »

Worcestershire Highways are saying the Bridge over the OWW (Oxford Worcester and Wolverhampton) line just east of Pershore station will be completed in Summer 2022.

From
https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/19818769.big-roadworks-projects-due-take-place-across-worcestershire-2022/?fbclid=IwAR2FbQOE1k50esw7BUE4lv5-BMDZpItNpNnU_6vZAvDDxl_jKW0xjJOquuA

Pershore link road

Pershore Northern Link Road will improve traffic links and tackle congestion in and around the town.

The major scheme sees the construction of a new highway and road bridge and provide a link between the A44/B4083 and B4083 Wyre Road roundabouts north of Pershore.

According to the council, the full scheme will be completed by the summer of 2022.
TonyN
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2022, 21:39:05 »

First of all an update on the new road bridge. The deck was lifted into place a few weeks ago and work contiues on the road and bridge. It is not possible to get pictures from a public place at the moment.

And now back to the ticket machine.

A couple of weeks age I made a day trip to the National trust property at Mottisfont. I traveled from Pershore to Mottisfont & Dunbridge. Leaving on the 08:25. My ticket was an Anytime day return. Off peak tickets are available on this train but are more expensive because they are period returns. However I should have been able to use a senior railcard as off peak tickets are available. But even after 08:20 the senior railcard button was grayed out, so I gave up and bought a ticket from the guard.

Today I again caught the 08:25 but this time going to Pewsey to walk along the K and A. Pewsey is outside the Network railcard area so a Senior railcard discount should be available at all times. The machine offered my the correct off peak ticket but again the senior railcard button was greyed out. This time I used my phone to buy an E ticket.
TonyN
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2022, 16:22:29 »

Wychavon District Council have announced investment in the footbridge and car park at Pershore.

https://www.eveshamjournal.co.uk/news/20244330.mp-campaigners-celebrate-pershore-train-station-investment/
Witham Bobby
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2022, 11:55:23 »

Wychavon District Council have announced investment in the footbridge and car park at Pershore.

About time!

Thinking back to the days of one train each way calling at Pershore and realising that the car park provision has hardly changed since then

Looking forward to this becoming a reality
TonyN
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2022, 23:51:32 »

The new road bridge is now open.
TonyN
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2022, 17:26:50 »

For the last 3 weeks I have been making regular reports to GWR (Great Western Railway) that the ticket machine at Pershore is out of order. Last week this appeared on Journey check and NRE(resolve) for a day and a half before being removed.

Earlier today however Journey check was showing 8 station problems 3 of which where that the ticket machine at Trowbridge was out of order. These has now also been removed.
ChrisB
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2022, 17:33:56 »

Is it/they still out of order? When dids you last check?
TonyN
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2022, 17:41:26 »

It was still out of Order at 09:25am today and I reported it at 10:30 am at Oxford Information desk.
ChrisB
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2022, 17:46:42 »

Not sure that is the best place to report it - do you tweet? (@GWRHelp)
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: