08:59 Cheltenham Spa to London Paddington
09:50 Cardiff Central to London Paddington
10:41 Cardiff Central to London Paddington
17:00 Oxford to London Paddington
Short Run
18:23 London Paddington to Banbury
19:45 Banbury to London Paddington
PollsOpen and recent polls
Open to 25/03 16:00 Easter Escape - to where?
Closed 2024-03-16 Should our rail network go cashless
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
March 19, 2024, 11:09:34 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[210] A daily picture from my recent travels
[57] Briefing on forthcoming changes - from GWR on 14.3.2024
[54] Where would you recommend for an Easter Escape?
[47] More travels ... more looking at how others do it ...
[45] M25 motorway issue: a most illuminating Twitter thread.
[41] 2024 Delays and Cancellations - North Cotswold Line

News: A forum for passengers ... with input from rail professionals welcomed too

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Berkshire's long-forgotten railway stations - "Berkshire Live"  (Read 1527 times)
Marlburian

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2021, 11:05:27 »

"Berkshire's long-forgotten railway stations - and what they are now"

Sorry - I can't get my hyperlink to work, but you should be able to find your way to the article.
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 11:21:15 »

Sorry - I can't get my hyperlink to work, but you should be able to find your way to the article.

I think the article may be https://www.getreading.co.uk/news/berkshire-history/gallery/lost-abandoned-railway-stations-you-19865668 ?   Not 100% sure as the words long-forgotten have changed to lost-abandoned ... but same sort of thing.

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
stuving
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 11:35:33 »

I think the article may be https://www.getreading.co.uk/news/berkshire-history/gallery/lost-abandoned-railway-stations-you-19865668 ?   Not 100% sure as the words long-forgotten have changed to lost-abandoned ... but same sort of thing.

That's an older (February) version; https://www.getreading.co.uk/news/berkshire-history/berkshires-long-forgotten-railway-stations-20398688 was put out today with fewer pictures, more words, and more intrusive trails and adverts.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 20:53:41 by stuving » Logged
Clan Line

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2021, 20:13:21 »

That's an older (February) version; https://www.getreading.co.uk/news/berkshire-history/berkshires-long-forgotten-railway-stations-20398688 was put out today with fewer picture, more words, and more intrusive trails and adverts.

I think that the attached is Welford Park station down platform. It is right by the car park for Welford Park (House)  - better known for its snowdrops and GBBO.

GBM
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2021, 07:28:34 »

I think that the attached is Welford Park station down platform. It is right by the car park for Welford Park (House)  - better known for its snowdrops and GBBO.

GBBO Great British Bake Off (TV series)!

Personal opinion only.  Writings not representative of any union, collective, management or employer. (Think that absolves me...........)
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: