Train GraphicClick on the map to explore geographics

I need help
FAQ
Emergency
About .
Travel & transport from BBC stories as at 11:15 28 Mar 2024
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries after train stabbing
- How do I renew my UK passport and what is the 10-year rule?
* Easter travel warning as millions set to hit roads
Read about the forum [here].
Register [here] - it's free.
What do I gain from registering? [here]
 02/06/24 - Summer Timetable starts
17/08/24 - Bus to Imber
27/09/25 - 200 years of passenger trains

On this day
28th Mar (1992)
MOD Kineton tour, branch line society (*)

Train RunningCancelled
09:29 Weston-Super-Mare to London Paddington
10:15 London Paddington to Cardiff Central
10:30 London Paddington to Weston-Super-Mare
10:41 Cardiff Central to London Paddington
11:00 Bristol Temple Meads to London Paddington
11:05 Swindon to Westbury
11:16 London Paddington to Cardiff Central
11:23 Weston-Super-Mare to London Paddington
11:30 London Paddington to Bristol Temple Meads
11:50 Cardiff Central to London Paddington
12:15 London Paddington to Cardiff Central
12:17 Westbury to Swindon
12:30 London Paddington to Weston-Super-Mare
13:15 Swindon to Westbury
14:19 Westbury to Swindon
15:14 Swindon to Westbury
Short Run
06:00 London Paddington to Penzance
06:05 Penzance to London Paddington
07:33 Weymouth to Gloucester
09:50 Cardiff Central to London Paddington
10:35 London Paddington to Exeter St Davids
10:55 Paignton to London Paddington
11:12 Salisbury to Bristol Temple Meads
11:23 Portsmouth Harbour to Cardiff Central
12:03 London Paddington to Penzance
Delayed
06:37 Plymouth to London Paddington
07:10 Penzance to London Paddington
08:03 London Paddington to Penzance
08:23 Portsmouth Harbour to Cardiff Central
08:35 Plymouth to London Paddington
08:48 London Paddington to Swansea
09:04 London Paddington to Plymouth
09:30 Weymouth to Gloucester
09:37 London Paddington to Paignton
09:51 Warminster to Gloucester
10:04 London Paddington to Penzance
10:23 London Paddington to Oxford
13:03 London Paddington to Plymouth
PollsOpen and recent polls
Closed 2024-03-25 Easter Escape - to where?
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
March 28, 2024, 11:27:32 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[161] West Wiltshire Bus Changes April 2024
[91] would you like your own LIVE train station departure board?
[62] Return of the BRUTE?
[53] If not HS2 to Manchester, how will traffic be carried?
[49] Infrastructure problems in Thames Valley causing disruption el...
[38] Reversing Beeching - bring heritage and freight lines into the...

News: A forum for passengers ... with input from rail professionals welcomed too

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Secrets of the Underground  (Read 7785 times)
johnneyw
Transport Scholar

From station to station, back to Bristol city....

View Profile
« on: July 06, 2021, 23:26:43 »

Tim Dunn and Siddy Holloway from the London Transport Museum are presenting a new series on Yesterday TV channel this summer exploring hidden aspects of the London Underground system.  Details below:

https://www.ltmuseum.co.uk/hidden-london/secrets-london-underground?fbclid=IwAR0JJdR9lV5-Jp9Ki3zw7H7cAOHhg-x5-XoDysc2gDCHCfQvz_B0M7pkFKc
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2021, 04:01:17 »

Tim Dunn and Siddy Holloway from the London Transport Museum are presenting a new series on Yesterday TV channel this summer exploring hidden aspects of the London Underground system.  Details below:

https://www.ltmuseum.co.uk/hidden-london/secrets-london-underground?fbclid=IwAR0JJdR9lV5-Jp9Ki3zw7H7cAOHhg-x5-XoDysc2gDCHCfQvz_B0M7pkFKc

Also from the LT museum ... a new Hidden London tour, tickets on sale ((here)) from 9th July, or a day earlier if you sign up to their mailing list.

69 years ago, a unique element of London’s transport system closed, having served Londoners for 46 years.

The Kingsway Tram Subway was probably the most important stretch of tram track in London, linking together the extensive tram networks of north and south London.

It was built by the London County Council and opened in 1906, as part of an ambitious renewal programme for the Holborn and Aldwych areas.
It had relatively short active life, closing in 1952, but despite this, the Subway underwent several major upgrades during its time. Surprisingly, more than half of the subway still exists to this day - complete with original features.

Our newest tour will take you down to explore the remaining tunnel and the former tram station, while you discover its life and times and how it served London.

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
Western Pathfinder
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2021, 15:13:39 »

Change of date for the start of the series,episode one will now be on air,as of Monday the 19th July at 20:00hrs 8 pm warmington on sea time ,on the Yesterday Channel.
Surrey 455

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2021, 18:48:37 »

Change of date for the start of the series,episode one will now be on air,as of Monday the 19th July at 20:00hrs 8 pm warmington on sea time ,on the Yesterday Channel.

That's odd, Digiguide is showing a different programme at that time, episode 6 of WW2 - Frontlines. It has been showing at 8pm on Mondays for a few weeks now. Perhaps that will change on the next listings update.
Western Pathfinder
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2021, 08:14:52 »

From the horses mouth,so to speak the change that I posted came from Siddy herself on her Twitter feed.
Surrey 455

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2021, 16:25:09 »

From the horses mouth,so to speak the change that I posted came from Siddy herself on her Twitter feed.

Yes I've noticed that her tweet, and those from Tim and Yesterday all say the same thing.

Digiguide still thinks that something else is on at that time. Although it updates daily, I suspect that it receives updates from different channels at differing frequencies, so possibly weekly for some whilst others might push out alterations to the schedules more frequently. I expect it will show the correct listings next week which would match what you and everyone else has been saying.  Smiley
Surrey 455

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2021, 19:30:42 »

Yes I've noticed that her tweet, and those from Tim and Yesterday all say the same thing.

Digiguide still thinks that something else is on at that time. Although it updates daily, I suspect that it receives updates from different channels at differing frequencies, so possibly weekly for some whilst others might push out alterations to the schedules more frequently. I expect it will show the correct listings next week which would match what you and everyone else has been saying.  Smiley

And now updated.  WW2 - Frontlines which was previously scheduled for 8pm has been pushed back to 9pm. It's the last in the series I believe.
REVUpminster

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2021, 20:46:54 »

I suppose it was inevitable they would start at Holborn to Aldwych.

Certainly a lot of new things for me.
PrestburyRoad

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2021, 21:03:15 »

Lots new to me as well.  And it has quality presentation - in contrast to some exploratory programmes where most of the time is occupied by talking heads instead of the showing us round the locations.
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2021, 11:37:47 »

New series, new year, on sale this Friday (3rd December 2021)

Discovered via Ian Visits and booking here

Aldwych - Down Street - Charing Cross - Euston - Moorgate in real life
York Road - Brompton Road - King William Street - Euston - Aldwych as virtual tours

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
stuving
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2022, 11:49:10 »

There's a second series of "Secrets of the London Underground" starting on the Yesterday channel tonight at 8 pm.
stuving
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2023, 22:23:18 »

... and a new series started last Tuesday. Episode 2 is on Yesterday tomorrow (11/7/23) at 8 pm. No doubt episode 1 is catch-uppable.
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: