09:27 Carmarthen to London Paddington
09:30 Gatwick Airport to Reading
16:31 Barnstaple to Axminster
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 19, 2024, 10:07:08 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[156] Rail delay compensation payments hit £100 million
[109] Rail to refuge / Travel to refuge
[63] Signage - not making it easy ...
[13] IETs at Melksham
[12] Ferry just cancelled - train tickets will be useless - advice?
[11] From Melksham to Tallinn (and back round The Baltic) by train

News: the Great Western Coffee Shop ... keeping you up to date with travel around the South West

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stakeholder survey  (Read 858 times)
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: November 01, 2022, 09:04:00 »

I have been invited to participate (and have) in GWR (Great Western Railway)'s 2022 Stakeholder Survey:

We are asking a select number of high level key stakeholders what they think about our services. We would really love to get your views, and I would be delighted if you could complete a short anonymous online survey by clicking on the link below:

Listening to customers, partners and stakeholders is a key part of our ethos, and I would be very grateful if you could spare the time to answer these questions.

I have spent far longer than the estimated 10 minutes on this, and it was in parts thought provoking; some of those thought ay be shared on the forum at some point.   The invite does not, sadly, make any commitment or even express a desire for GWR to do more than listen - no promise to pick up or even consider an inputs / suggestions and if I were cynical it could be just a tick-box exercise as far as the are concerned.  Never the less, food for good through for the "Stakeholder".

Question 1 ...

What kind of actions / reactions would you like to see from GWR in their plans to deal with the recent changes in the economy?  [Type your answer below]

Actions for business structure

Actions for stations

Actions for train services

I would be very invested to learn what Coffee Shop members might have said

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
Timmer
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2022, 19:13:08 »

Not sure I entirely understand the question but I would say ‘Actions for train services’ being the most important thing for a train operating company to focus on.
Merthyr Imp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2022, 22:23:48 »

I would have refused to respond unless they put it in plain English.
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2022, 05:23:59 »

Not sure I entirely understand the question but I would say ‘Actions for train services’ being the most important thing for a train operating company to focus on.

I would have refused to respond unless they put it in plain English.

The survey appeared designed in this section to give an opening for "free input" to informed technical individuals who will typically be within organisations such as rail user groups including CRPs (Community Rail Partnership) and friends, local councils, charitable and other groups supporting local people with an interest in travel, businesses with customers or staff who make use of rail, etc.    And whilst I did scratch my head, I found this question provided a good way to make categorised inputs.

Totally agreed, Timmer, that services are the most important thing certainly at present and in the short term.  Business structure - "how we are organised" is important long and medium term.  But in both of these arenas, GWR (Great Western Railway) are like a ship sailing on a stormy sea at present - they can help steer the ship and the passengers on board, but the seas of government and various regulation make it very difficult for them to provide a comfortable ride.   Many of my inputs to the survey were less than saying that the service to customers is great, but at the same time I complemented GWR on being a darned sight better than others we do or have dealt with.

The survey is being done by a third party and described as "anonymous" so that respondents can say anything.  I would be very surprised, though, if certain people at GWR reading my responses would not have a pretty good idea.  And I am happy with that - delighted to take up the invite to give them a view, thoughts and ideas and I would be happy to further inform them should it be useful and lead to them being better informed as they make decisions that effect passengers.

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
infoman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2022, 12:09:11 »

Grahame,surprised you were not invited to the large managers GWR (Great Western Railway) pow-pow at St Michaels church on tuesday 1st November 2022
Bmblbzzz
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2022, 12:53:21 »

I presume "the recent changes in the economy" refers to the growth in working from home, but it could equally refer to inflation, recession and shortages. Or it could refer to Brexit specifically. Probably it has been left deliberately open to respondents can understand it as they want, which might lead to ambiguity interpreting the answers.

Waiting at Pilning for the midnight sleeper to Prague.
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: