I need help
FAQ
Emergency
About .
Travel & transport from BBC stories as at 21:35 28 Mar 2024
* Bus plunges off South Africa bridge, killing 45
* Easter getaways hit by travel disruption
- Where Baltimore bridge investigation goes now
- How do I renew my UK passport and what is the 10-year rule?
- Family anger at sentence on fatal crash driver, 19
- Easter travel warning as millions set to hit roads
Read about the forum [here].
Register [here] - it's free.
What do I gain from registering? [here]
 02/06/24 - Summer Timetable starts
17/08/24 - Bus to Imber
27/09/25 - 200 years of passenger trains

On this day
28th Mar (1917)
Bideford, Westward Ho! and Appledore closed (link)

Train RunningCancelled
18:30 Cardiff Central to Portsmouth Harbour
18:36 London Paddington to Plymouth
19:33 London Paddington to Worcester Shrub Hill
19:35 Exeter St Davids to London Paddington
20:29 Gatwick Airport to Reading
20:54 Reading to Gatwick Airport
20:56 Worcester Foregate Street to London Paddington
21:30 Shalford to Reading
21:53 Newbury to Bedwyn
22:25 Bedwyn to Newbury
22:30 Gatwick Airport to Reading
22:47 Newbury to Bedwyn
Short Run
17:03 London Paddington to Penzance
17:36 London Paddington to Plymouth
18:03 London Paddington to Penzance
19:04 Paignton to London Paddington
20:03 London Paddington to Plymouth
20:42 Bedwyn to London Paddington
21:04 London Paddington to Plymouth
21:20 Bristol Temple Meads to Severn Beach
22:10 Severn Beach to Bristol Temple Meads
23:04 Reading to Bedwyn
23:17 Bedwyn to Reading
Delayed
Additional 17:26 Castle Cary to Penzance
19:04 London Paddington to Plymouth
21:30 Gatwick Airport to Reading
23:45 London Paddington to Penzance
PollsOpen and recent polls
Closed 2024-03-25 Easter Escape - to where?
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
March 28, 2024, 21:54:39 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[104] West Wiltshire Bus Changes April 2024
[103] would you like your own LIVE train station departure board?
[78] Infrastructure problems in Thames Valley causing disruption el...
[56] If not HS2 to Manchester, how will traffic be carried?
[41] Return of the BRUTE?
[25] Reversing Beeching - bring heritage and freight lines into the...

News: the Great Western Coffee Shop ... keeping you up to date with travel around the South West

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Team Change  (Read 4668 times)
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: May 22, 2008, 00:16:48 »

Goodbye coffee flop and Melksham crew.

Posted by Conner. His resignation from an active roll with us here on the Coffeeshop is sad - we'll miss him as a moderator, but the team remains strong and I know that people need to move on to till new ground, and I wish him well for the future.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 05:08:10 by grahame » Logged

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
Conner

08436 at Corfe Castle on the Swanage Railway

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 08:44:33 »

What a liar, I have not resigned.

He has sacked me because I have gone against his mangement structure which quite frankly is awful.

We no longer have a nice atmosphere here, that was the reason I became a moderator but do you know what, Behind the Counter life is dissilusioned. It is built on unmade promises and although I would have stayed as a moderator it would be to fight for the normal members.
Conner

08436 at Corfe Castle on the Swanage Railway

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 08:53:48 »

Goodbye all, if you have any sense you will leave with me.

http://www.southwesternlines.co.uk/forums/

A great place, the alternative you may say.

That is where I posted what Graham quoted.

Cheerio.
TerminalJunkie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 09:04:11 »

Conner,

I've read your petulant and offensive post on that other forum. You really, really, need to grow up.

Daily Mail and Daily Express readers please click here.
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 11:34:35 »

I have no problem, at all, with "The Coffeshop" remaining as a friendly place where passengers of FGW (First Great Western) and staff can discuss issues, and help those who know less that the others with answers.   That's what it was set up for, after all.

There has been some "creep" towards enthusiast banter which is fine, but when it starts to intimidate - whether it's intended to or not - then perhaps it's time for those who want a forum where they can call others a liar or send emails like "you're for it ..." (not conner, but another member from the same grouping) then we should each go the best way for us.

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
swlines

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 11:42:54 »

I've already been asked by 2 members for my comments on the situation by email - but I'll put a slightly toned down version here ...

Conner is a good member and his thoughts are simply reflective of the views of quite a few well known other members - being a moderator he was looked up to and given information that a normal member would not normally have been aware of.

I think a fair amount of the comment that was made owing to the downtime issue that this forum has suffered from for at least the past few weeks (if not, two to three months). Nothing more than a small play on words - the latter part of the comment is in reference to the fact that Melksham is mentioned in almost every other post by a certain member (which I, and a few others, have noticed) and it is actually getting quite frustrating especially as continuous campaigning about the same line will not do anything to wards getting a more 'appropriate' service to the line. Melksham is a line completely out of the way from the mainline, there is no easy way to have stock that can be used on other services as well as Melksham. It's also in reference to the heavy campaigning that is made for it (when there could be more worthy causes that would help the entire region, such as just more units full stop) - judging by what is mentioned on there a certain member walked through a train in order to get more people signing up to the pledge - I think the point really is that I'm trying to make here is that if people have a vested interest in increasing the Melksham service they would have already signed the pledge.
Lee
Transport Scholar

GBR - The Emperor's New Rail Network

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 12:19:23 »

Goodbye all, if you have any sense you will leave with me.

http://www.southwesternlines.co.uk/forums/

A great place, the alternative you may say.

That is where I posted what Graham quoted.

Cheerio.

As some of you will know, Tom and I get on very well, and I have a lot of respect for him and what he does. As such, I wish his relaunched forum every success.

Therefore, I find it very sad that Conner has chosen to try and make this a "them vs us" situation, in order to further a personal vendetta against Graham, with whom I also get on very well, and have a lot of respect for him and what he does.

In my view, the two forums/sites have complimented eachother in the past, can do so again in the future, and CANBER (Campaign Against the New Beeching Report) will endorse both on that basis (link below.)
http://canber.co.uk/?q=node/5

By the way, If you think that the phrase "personal vendetta" is harsh, then it is worth noting that Conner also made the following comment (link below) :
http://www.southwesternlines.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=4

Quote from: Conner
Maybe we should get on to Mookie, another person we can turn against Graham, although he usually does it himself.

Whilst this comment led on from the issues mentioned by Tom regarding Graham's style of campaigning (which people are entitled to their views on), I have to say that I would be annoyed/upset if one of my Global Moderators had said that about me.

We no longer have a nice atmosphere here, that was the reason I became a moderator but do you know what, Behind the Counter life is dissilusioned. It is built on unmade promises and although I would have stayed as a moderator it would be to fight for the normal members.

I dont agree with Conner on this. I'm not disillusioned, and I wouldnt continue with my Global Moderator role if I didnt enjoy it.

Vous devez ĂȘtre impitoyable, parce que ces gens sont des salauds - https://looka.com/s/78722877
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 12:37:20 »

I look forward to having a happy atmosphere return in the future.  And actually I feel I have been very measured in my responses.   Everyone posts on their own specific area and how it relates to the rest; I think some 4% of public posts on "The Coffeeshop" are mine and - yes - the will look at the TransWilts case and compare it where it's relevant.

Can we move on, please, folks?

FarWestJohn

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 13:14:25 »

All sounds good to me and the right way forward. Good on you.
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: