16:31 Barnstaple to Axminster
Delayed
13:15 Plymouth to London Paddington
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 19, 2024, 15:18:54 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[226] Rail to refuge / Travel to refuge
[107] Rail delay compensation payments hit £100 million
[46] Difficult to argue with e-bike/scooter rules?
[43] Signage - not making it easy ...
[9] IETs at Melksham
[8] Ferry just cancelled - train tickets will be useless - advice?

News: A forum for passengers ... with input from rail professionals welcomed too

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: winner gets nothing :0)  (Read 8418 times)
6 OF 2 redundant adjunct of unimatrix 01

View Profile Email
« on: December 21, 2008, 10:05:10 »

ok heres one for you all and sorry im not giving prizes  Roll Eyes

hypethetical sinario

i want to travel from exmouth on a tuesday to plymouth setting off after ten and have no idea when im going to return apart from its the same day.... on the way back i may want to stop off at dawlish and get some chips and have a flutter in the arcade, i have no railcard and no other form of discount what is the cheapest price i will get there for (standard class) bearing in mind i could be coming back at peak times  Undecided
eightf48544
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 11:04:36 »

hypethetical sinario

i want to travel from exmouth on a tuesday to plymouth setting off after ten and have no idea when im going to return apart from its the same day.... on the way back i may want to stop off at dawlish and get some chips and have a flutter in the arcade, i have no railcard and no other form of discount what is the cheapest price i will get there for (standard class) bearing in mind i could be coming back at peak times  Undecided

No help whatsoever but if it was a similar trip from Chemnitz it would be 18 Euro for up to 5 of you on a CVG multi zone day ticket. Would include trams in Chemnitz and Zwicau DB» (Deutsche Bahn - German State Railway - about) RE (Religious Education) and Vogltlandbahn heavy rail and local buses.

And you can call in the Braushaus in Zwicau a couple of 100 yards away from the Centrum (International) Station. Joint metre gauge tram and standard gauge heavy rail station.

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 11:25:49 »

hypethetical sinario

No help whatsoever but if it was a similar trip from Chemnitz it would be 18 Euro for up to 5 of you on a CVG multi zone day ticket. Would include trams in Chemnitz and Zwicau DB» (Deutsche Bahn - German State Railway - about) RE (Religious Education) and Vogltlandbahn heavy rail and local buses.

And you can call in the Braushaus in Zwicau a couple of 100 yards away from the Centrum (International) Station. Joint metre gauge tram and standard gauge heavy rail station.

gasps
G.Uard

"Are we at Yate yet?"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 11:37:25 »

Standard Off Peak Day Return is ^8.50.  Worth checking locally to see if there are any cheaper deals.  Don't they have chips and arcades in Exmouth?   Wink

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 11:40:21 »

to be fair its a trip i would never make as i would get on at digby honiton or whimple where this ticket is valit from but unavailable... the 8.50 ticket would not be valid at peak times and dont think you can have a break in journey
G.Uard

"Are we at Yate yet?"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008, 11:43:41 »

The ^8.50 ticket can be used at around 17.00 hrs and later and is valid for break of journey on the return leg.

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2008, 11:46:57 »

The ^8.50 ticket can be used at around 17.00 hrs and later and is valid for break of journey on the return leg.

what are the restrictions
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 11:49:05 »

... what is the cheapest price i will get there for ...

I think I can see it for six pounds.

Stagecoach Devon Explorer (you didn't specify train, did you?) ... 57 Exmouth to Countess Weir, then X38 to Plymouth.  Return on X38 to Wonford, then 2 to Dawlish. 2 from Dawlish to Wonford, then 57 back to Exmouth.

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2008, 11:52:34 »

starts to cry..... ok im sorry if i wasnt very clear but i did mean train and please nobody point out that if i hide in the toilet that i can get there for free.... on the train

with breaks

and at peak time

this ticket has no restrictions other than it can be used only on that day after 9am

what is the cheapest ticket with the least restrictions
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2008, 12:16:31 »

starts to cry..... ok im sorry if i wasnt very clear but i did mean train and please nobody point out that if i hide in the toilet that i can get there for free.... on the train

Sorry - that was a bit naughty of me. In our 'neck of the woods', trains are infrequent by comparison. Many is the time that I've taken a much slower ride by bus if there isn't a train due for a number of hours.

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
vacman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2008, 19:44:44 »

I think Off-Peak from Exmouth is any time after 0850, no evening restrictions so you could have an off-peak return for ^8.50 or a Devon day ranger for ^10.00

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2008, 20:01:43 »

I think Off-Peak from Exmouth is any time after 0850, no evening restrictions so you could have an off-peak return for ^8.50 or a Devon day ranger for ^10.00

i thought that there were evening restrictions

so that messes up my theory

but you got the answer i was looking for

maybee i should have said i want to to to plymouth and back 10 times in a day how much would it cost

Huh  Undecided  Sad me dumb
TheLastMinute

This really isn't worth reading.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2008, 21:12:24 »

Almost full points to Vacman, only 5 minutes out! Grin For the curious, the full details from Avantix (Ticket Issuing System used on board trains) Traveller...

Quote from: Avantix (Ticket Issuing System used on board trains) Traveller
Exmouth - Plymouth
CDR (Off Peak Day Return [ticket type] (formerly 'Cheap Day'))   -  OFF-PEAK DAY R               GWR (Great Western Railway)
00000 -  ANY PERMITTED   

1 Adult    @^     8.50  =  ^     8.50

Standard Class Return

Restriction : L9
OUTWARD TRAVEL               
By any train except those timed to depart Mondays to Fridays before 0845           

RETURN TRAVEL                 
By any train                 

Christmas: Restrictions are lifted all day from Wednesday 24th December to Friday 2nd  January 2009 inclusive.       

CDS (Off Peak Day Single [ticket type] (formerly 'Cheap Day'))/CDR/FCR/GE1 OFF-PEAK DAY
      ODT/OTF OFF-PEAK DAY   
          TRAVELCARD         
     FTC FAMILY TRAVELCARD   

Off-Peak Day Singles and returns: Valid for travel on the date shown on the ticket and until 0230 the following day. If it is not possible to complete the journey before this time, travel is allowed until 1200 the day after travel - but no further break of journey is allowed.       

Off-peak Day Travelcards (First and Standard) and Family Travelcards: Valid for travel throughout the selected London Fare Zones from 0930 Mondays to Fridays (0001 Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays) on the day of validity and for any journey that starts before 0430 on the following day.               

<snip CDS details>

Ticket Name:    Off-Peak Day R
 Code  -                   CDR
 Class -              STANDARD
 Single/Return -        RETURN
Outward Validity:             
 Day  -         DATE ON TICKET
                  (SEE NOTE 1)
 Time -              SEE BELOW
Return Validity:             
 Day  -         DATE ON TICKET
 Time -              SEE BELOW
Break of Journey:             
 Out/Rtn -                 YES
Pre-Booking Req:          NONE
Reservations Compulsory:    NO
Discounts:                   
 Child    -                YES
 Railcard -                YES
 Group    -                YES
Refunds: See 'Refunds' section

It may be worth pointing out that if you plan to do this four or more times in the next year (and assuming you live in Devon or Cornwall,) it would be worth getting a Devon and Cornwall railcard for ^10 which would bring the price down to ^5.60.

TLM

TLM
chrisoates

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2008, 23:07:33 »

It may be worth pointing out that if you plan to do this four or more times in the next year (and assuming you live in Devon or Cornwall,) it would be worth getting a Devon and Cornwall railcard for ^10 which would bring the price down to ^5.60.

TLM

In Cornwall we have a really excellent ticket for getting around on long summer days - Ride Cornwall - ^10 for unlimited rail & bus (any company) travel including into Plymouth.
Issued at booking offices, on a train or on a bus.

eightf48544
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2008, 11:03:41 »

In Cornwall we have a really excellent ticket for getting around on long summer days - Ride Cornwall - ^10 for unlimited rail & bus (any company) travel including into Plymouth.
Issued at booking offices, on a train or on a bus.

Now that's what I call I proper public transport ticket.
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: