Train GraphicClick on the map to explore geographics

I need help
FAQ
Emergency
About .
Travel & transport from BBC stories as at 18:35 28 Mar 2024
- How do I renew my UK passport and what is the 10-year rule?
- Passengers pleaded with knifeman during attack
- Family anger at sentence on fatal crash driver, 19
- Easter travel warning as millions set to hit roads
Read about the forum [here].
Register [here] - it's free.
What do I gain from registering? [here]
 02/06/24 - Summer Timetable starts
17/08/24 - Bus to Imber
27/09/25 - 200 years of passenger trains

On this day
28th Mar (1988)
Woman found murdered on Orpington to London train (*)

Train RunningCancelled
16:54 Cardiff Central to London Paddington
17:48 Reading to Gatwick Airport
17:54 Cardiff Central to London Paddington
17:57 London Paddington to Worcester Foregate Street
18:03 London Paddington to Penzance
18:08 London Paddington to Frome
Additional 18:25 Shalford to Reading
18:26 Newbury to Bedwyn
18:36 London Paddington to Plymouth
18:37 Westbury to Swindon
18:51 Filton Abbey Wood to Bristol Temple Meads
18:55 Bedwyn to Newbury
19:23 Reading to Gatwick Airport
19:24 Newbury to Bedwyn
19:29 Gatwick Airport to Reading
19:33 London Paddington to Worcester Shrub Hill
19:55 Bedwyn to Newbury
20:13 Swindon to Westbury
20:16 Frome to Westbury
20:49 Newbury to Bedwyn
20:56 Worcester Foregate Street to London Paddington
21:16 Bedwyn to Newbury
Short Run
15:23 Portsmouth Harbour to Cardiff Central
15:30 Cardiff Central to Portsmouth Harbour
15:42 Exeter St Davids to London Paddington
16:19 Carmarthen to London Paddington
16:23 Portsmouth Harbour to Cardiff Central
16:35 London Paddington to Plymouth
16:50 Plymouth to London Paddington
17:03 London Paddington to Penzance
17:20 Reading to Gatwick Airport
17:30 London Paddington to Taunton
17:30 Warminster to Bristol Temple Meads
17:36 Swindon to Westbury
17:36 London Paddington to Plymouth
17:50 Gloucester to Salisbury
17:59 Gatwick Airport to Reading
18:18 Newbury to London Paddington
18:19 Reading to Gatwick Airport
18:59 Gatwick Airport to Reading
19:06 London Paddington to Bedwyn
20:42 Bedwyn to London Paddington
Delayed
13:59 Cardiff Central to Penzance
14:15 Penzance to London Paddington
15:03 London Paddington to Penzance
16:03 London Paddington to Penzance
Additional 17:17 Exeter St Davids to Penzance
Additional 17:26 Castle Cary to Penzance
17:29 Gatwick Airport to Reading
An additional train service has been planned to operate as shown 18:25 Shalford to Reading
18:29 Gatwick Airport to Reading
19:04 London Paddington to Plymouth
etc
PollsOpen and recent polls
Closed 2024-03-25 Easter Escape - to where?
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
March 28, 2024, 18:42:10 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[133] West Wiltshire Bus Changes April 2024
[132] would you like your own LIVE train station departure board?
[53] Return of the BRUTE?
[44] If not HS2 to Manchester, how will traffic be carried?
[41] Infrastructure problems in Thames Valley causing disruption el...
[32] Reversing Beeching - bring heritage and freight lines into the...

News: the Great Western Coffee Shop ... keeping you up to date with travel around the South West

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14
  Print  
Author Topic: Cancellation map - what it's showing  (Read 107129 times)
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2015, 17:23:16 »

Due to a change in our data feed, information is at present not being provided.

No e.t.a. to fix - just be aware that I'm aware!

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #106 on: August 17, 2015, 17:56:13 »

Oh fun ... quite a bit of work for me to fix that, including installing some extra software on the server!

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #107 on: August 25, 2015, 22:24:47 »

Oh fun ... quite a bit of work for me to fix that, including installing some extra software on the server!

OK ... there's something back - haven't (yet?) split amends from cancels, but at least gives a quick idea.   May be buggy - I am watching it ...

Chris from Nailsea
Administrator

I am not railway staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #108 on: August 28, 2015, 01:04:41 »

Very many thanks for your 'behind the scenes' work on producing that upgrade, grahame!  Wink

William Huskisson MP (Member of Parliament) was the first person to be killed by a train while crossing the tracks, in 1830.  Many more have died in the same way since then.  Don't take a chance: stop, look, listen.

"Level crossings are safe, unless they are used in an unsafe manner."  Discuss.
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #109 on: June 07, 2016, 22:50:32 »

And I have just pulled Radley in from somewhere near the Fastnet Rock to somewhere between Didcot and Oxford.  Certainly a new place for a service to start ... I wonder how many more possibles are still missing ...

LiskeardRich
Transport Scholar

richardwarwicker@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 07, 2016, 22:58:50 »

I maybe imagining it, but did cancellations used to be a different colour line? Now all the same colour, blue.
Would be better if cancellations were a different colour.

All posts are my own personal believes, opinions and understandings!
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #111 on: June 07, 2016, 23:16:38 »

I maybe imagining it, but did cancellations used to be a different colour line? Now all the same colour, blue.
Would be better if cancellations were a different colour.

About 95% of the time cancellations were read and changes were blue (and at one time formation changes were a lighter blue). However, getting up from 95% to 99.9% proved illusive, and it was felt better to supply a little less but accurate information rather than more information but sometimes wrong.

Surrey 455

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2018, 11:00:28 »

What's happening in Cornwall at the moment? Are there a lot of short workings or cancellations?
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2018, 11:15:25 »

What's happening in Cornwall at the moment? Are there a lot of short workings or cancellations?

The Sterth to Stives line has a single 153 on it rather than a 2 car, and as it runs every half hour each way it's giving us a blue-out.

For January (but NOT beyond and into half term) a single carriage on some of the Cornish branches will in all honesty cope with traffic offered;   I'm not sure what was running there this time last year, but I have noted that our cancellation map is sensitive to 2 car trains becoming 1 - even where one car was the norm as recently as this time last month.

froome
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2018, 13:53:17 »

Ah, I was intrigued by that large blue blob as well, and the thick line between Cardiff and Portsmouth. I checked that on NR» (Network Rail - home page) and GWR (Great Western Railway)'s websites and all was shown as running normally, so I assume those are also reduced formation trains rather than cancellations?
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #115 on: January 15, 2018, 05:33:20 »

Ah, I was intrigued by that large blue blob as well, and the thick line between Cardiff and Portsmouth. I checked that on NR» (Network Rail - home page) and GWR (Great Western Railway)'s websites and all was shown as running normally, so I assume those are also reduced formation trains rather than cancellations?

Big blue-outs again in Cornwall today - no cancellations; they indicate 1 car rather than 2 on the St Ives and Newquay branches

09:17 Par to Newquay due 10:09
Facilities on the 09:17 Par to Newquay due 10:09.
This is due to more trains than usual needing repairs at the same time.
Will be formed of 1 coach instead of 2.

If you click on the "Train Running" link blow the map, you'll get a new tab with full details from Journey Check which shows the details, even if other sources don't

I would be surprised if the use of a 153 on these lines today (or indeed this week) is going to cause severe overcrowding.   We remain in a tight stock flux situation, with a trickle of 150/1s and HSTs (High Speed Train) out of the franchise, with more turbos than usual undergoing service and mods to make them suitable for use in The West, with IETs (Intercity Express Train) trickling in, and with 2+4 castles somewhat later than had been planned.

I took a look yesterday at colour coding the map (as we used to do), but the current data feed format means that would require significant time / work on my past;  too much else going on I'm afraid to do something that would be nice but isn't vital, and a great danger of ending up with something broken.   If it ain't bust, don't fix it - HOWEVER our data feed is an old technology one, and one of these years the disruption map may break.

TaplowGreen
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 15, 2018, 09:34:25 »

Big blue-outs again in Cornwall today - no cancellations; they indicate 1 car rather than 2 on the St Ives and Newquay branches

09:17 Par to Newquay due 10:09
Facilities on the 09:17 Par to Newquay due 10:09.
This is due to more trains than usual needing repairs at the same time.
Will be formed of 1 coach instead of 2.

If you click on the "Train Running" link blow the map, you'll get a new tab with full details from Journey Check which shows the details, even if other sources don't

I would be surprised if the use of a 153 on these lines today (or indeed this week) is going to cause severe overcrowding.   We remain in a tight stock flux situation, with a trickle of 150/1s and HSTs (High Speed Train) out of the franchise, with more turbos than usual undergoing service and mods to make them suitable for use in The West, with IETs (Intercity Express Train) trickling in, and with 2+4 castles somewhat later than had been planned.

I took a look yesterday at colour coding the map (as we used to do), but the current data feed format means that would require significant time / work on my past;  too much else going on I'm afraid to do something that would be nice but isn't vital, and a great danger of ending up with something broken.   If it ain't bust, don't fix it - HOWEVER our data feed is an old technology one, and one of these years the disruption map may break.

More cancellation maps than usual needing repair?  Wink
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #117 on: June 18, 2018, 05:46:13 »

07:18 London Paddington to Oxford Down Carriage Sdg due 08:38
07:18 London Paddington to Oxford Down Carriage Sdg due 08:38 will be terminated at Oxford.
It will no longer call at Oxford Down Carriage Sdg.
This is due to a problem currently under investigation.

Noting that our cancellation map at the head of these pages thinks that Oxford Down Carriage Sdg is somewhere near Fastnet rock.

I'm seeing this as a data feed error (I don't recall a passenger station at "Oxford Down Carriage Sdg") and I will leave the data in error until the problem goes away after the train has run (or not run).   Should this be a repeated glitch that spoils the map again at a later date, I will look at adding a fix.

ray951
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 18, 2018, 09:09:36 »

07:18 London Paddington to Oxford Down Carriage Sdg due 08:38
07:18 London Paddington to Oxford Down Carriage Sdg due 08:38 will be terminated at Oxford.
It will no longer call at Oxford Down Carriage Sdg.
This is due to a problem currently under investigation.

Noting that our cancellation map at the head of these pages thinks that Oxford Down Carriage Sdg is somewhere near Fastnet rock.

I'm seeing this as a data feed error (I don't recall a passenger station at "Oxford Down Carriage Sdg") and I will leave the data in error until the problem goes away after the train has run (or not run).   Should this be a repeated glitch that spoils the map again at a later date, I will look at adding a fix.
I was on that train and I don't think it went to the Down Carriage Sidings because it appears to have returned to London as 1Z41 from Platform 3 (it arrived in platform 4) 8 minutes later. I am assuming it can head back towards London without having entered the sidings.
Adelante_CCT
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 18, 2018, 12:45:46 »

Didcot West End as well

11:32 Didcot West End to London Paddington due 12:50 will be started from Didcot Parkway.
It will no longer call at Didcot West End.
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14
  Print  

Jump to: