27/09/25 - 200 years of passenger trains

No 'On This Day' events reported for 25th Apr

Train RunningNo cancellations or delays
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 25, 2024, 00:49:38 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[174] Lack of rolling stock due to attacks on shipping in the Red Se...
[112] Theft from Severn Valley Railway
[63] Where have I been?
[62] 2024 - Service update and amendment log, Swindon <-> Westbury...
[52] Death of another bus station?
[46] Penalty fares on Severn Beach Line

News: the Great Western Coffee Shop ... keeping you up to date with travel around the South West

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: FGW: Watch BBC2 at 1830 tonight (January 18th)  (Read 17639 times)
devon_metro

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2010, 17:10:25 »

The final week looks interesting. Buxton to London via the West Mids! Could have a whole month just on that! Shocked

Presumably he travels on Chiltern... Wink

(I havn't seen Fridays as I was in Totnes (not spending their currency I should add however I doubt the pub/hotel accepts it), so do enlighten me)
Btline

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2010, 17:53:28 »

Nor have I.

I will iPlayer it tomorrow.
Phil
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2010, 19:05:22 »

It was on every night last week, not just on the 18th!

Since when did saturdays become part of next week?
Electric train
Transport Scholar

The future is 25000 Volts AC 750V DC has its place

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2010, 19:44:35 »

It was on every night last week, not just on the 18th!

Since when did saturdays become part of next week?
After the next general election  Grin

I have found the series quite good.  Portillo is not my favorite presenter but he obviously has an interest in the Bradshaw's guide, ok so some of the continuity is not too great but then the program is not about trains of today it is about how the railways changed places and how they have changed since Bradshaw's day

Starship just experienced what we call a rapid unscheduled disassembly, or a RUD, during ascent,”
Chris from Nailsea
Administrator

I am not railway staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2010, 00:06:39 »

Somewhat less apparently, according to this other forum (which is no match for the Coffee Shop, so I hope the public interest in answering IndustryInsider's question outweighs posting the link to it).

http://www.bristol-rail.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1650

(cough)    Thanks, John!  Lips sealed

William Huskisson MP (Member of Parliament) was the first person to be killed by a train while crossing the tracks, in 1830.  Many more have died in the same way since then.  Don't take a chance: stop, look, listen.

"Level crossings are safe, unless they are used in an unsafe manner."  Discuss.
JayMac
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2010, 00:11:31 »

(cough) indeed!

"Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the rest of the day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Sir Terry Pratchett.
IndustryInsider
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2010, 00:52:30 »

Somewhat less apparently, according to this other forum (which is no match for the Coffee Shop, so I hope the public interest in answering IndustryInsider's question outweighs posting the link to it).

http://www.bristol-rail.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1650

Say no more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M_mqaWnXsg

Or: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCk8FlkuAlM&feature=related

Shocked

To view my GWML (Great Western Main Line) Electrification cab video 'before and after' video comparison, as well as other videos of the new layout at Reading and 'before and after' comparisons of the Cotswold Line Redoubling scheme, see: http://www.dailymotion.com/user/IndustryInsider/
Chris from Nailsea
Administrator

I am not railway staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2010, 01:01:35 »

I need a cold shower ...  Roll Eyes Embarrassed Grin

William Huskisson MP (Member of Parliament) was the first person to be killed by a train while crossing the tracks, in 1830.  Many more have died in the same way since then.  Don't take a chance: stop, look, listen.

"Level crossings are safe, unless they are used in an unsafe manner."  Discuss.
JayMac
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2010, 03:56:58 »

In the spirit of impartiality and equality, I've gone looking for pictures and videos of Michael Portillo in his speedos - no luck unfortunately!

Grin Grin Grin

"Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the rest of the day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Sir Terry Pratchett.
Phil
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2010, 07:11:08 »

Obviously just me then that thinks Julia resembles a Deltic with her flat front and long nose  Grin  Tongue
ChrisB
Transport Scholar

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2010, 15:05:21 »

looks like it....
Electric train
Transport Scholar

The future is 25000 Volts AC 750V DC has its place

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2010, 16:53:49 »

I need a cold shower ...  Roll Eyes Embarrassed Grin
Me too post  Grin

Starship just experienced what we call a rapid unscheduled disassembly, or a RUD, during ascent,”
old original
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2010, 01:32:13 »

for those who may have missed them last week, the FGW (First Great Western) programmes are on again each night this week on BBC1, anywhere between 01.00 and 03.00..  still no Julia though.. Embarrassed

8 Billion people on a wet rock - of course we're not happy
basset44

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2010, 10:50:35 »

Hi All,

Some of you may be interested in the latest Julia photo

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2010/04/06/celebrities-strip-naked-for-cancer-research-pictures-115875-22165140/

Hope this is not agianst the rules it is for a good cause
IndustryInsider
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2010, 11:06:26 »

Hope this is not agianst the rules it is for a good cause

Just don't scroll through the slideshow, as next up is Christopher Biggins!  Shocked

To view my GWML (Great Western Main Line) Electrification cab video 'before and after' video comparison, as well as other videos of the new layout at Reading and 'before and after' comparisons of the Cotswold Line Redoubling scheme, see: http://www.dailymotion.com/user/IndustryInsider/
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: