Role of the dispatcher

<< < (2/13) > >>

dog box:
..and put your back out humping some of the monstorous bags/cases people seem to take on trains these days.....

inspector_blakey:
Without wishing to stereotype, you should see some of the bags that Americans manage to drag onto planes as "hand luggage" (two monstrous bags each, naturally). Said individuals can then get quite shirty when it turns out that either they're too big to fit in the overhead bins, or they're already full because lots of other people have been up to the same trick!

I caught a BA flight from the States last summer where the ground staff were strictly enforcing the carry-on size limits, much to the chagrin of a long line of irate American passengers.

Henry:

It seems to me some stations have different conditions.
 If you go to Totnes some early evenings, the same 'dispatcher' will ;-

Sell you the ticket.
 Give you the train information.
 Help you on the train, if you need it.
 Then dispatch the train.

What do the union make of that ?

Henry:

If Scotrail get their way, it's all down to the driver,

http://www.rmt.org.uk/Templates/Internal.asp?NodeID=132163

autotank:
I know we have done this before, but I am still to hear a decent argument against DOO using modern stock on track circuited lines.

In order for rail to be competitive in an age of significant financial pressure everyone needs to make sure operating costs are kept down. This is a brand new line so its not as if they are proposing to get rid of anyone by introducing DOO.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page