14:36 London Paddington to Paignton
Delayed
08:15 Penzance to London Paddington
09:23 Portsmouth Harbour to Cardiff Central
11:29 Weymouth to Gloucester
11:30 Cardiff Central to Portsmouth Harbour
11:46 Avonmouth to Weston-Super-Mare
12:01 Severn Beach to Bristol Temple Meads
An additional train service has been planned to operate as shown 12:03 Bristol Temple Meads to Weymouth
13:10 Weston-Super-Mare to Severn Beach
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 23, 2024, 12:51:18 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[114] "Mayflower"
[89] You see all sorts on the bus.
[63] Where have I been?
[56] Theft from Severn Valley Railway
[53] Death of another bus station?
[30] Somerset and Dorset Devonshire Tunnel flood

News: A forum for passengers ... with input from rail professionals welcomed too

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Linked Events
  • Dawlish Airshow: August 19, 2010
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Dawlish Air Show 2010  (Read 7829 times)
James158

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2010, 19:46:56 »

Hi

The Dawlish Airshow takes place on Thursday 19th August 2010. This event is FREE and is very popular. The train is the easiest way to attend as the railway line runs alongside the display point. There are stands on the lawn area selling gifts and toys. FGW (First Great Western) even had their own stand last year giving away pens, balloons and mugs. The best station to alight at is Dawlish NOT Dawlish Warren as this is where it all takes place.

Also, get your advance tickets quickly as they can be very cheap to Dawlish, especially if bought as soon as they are available. Last year it only cost me and my mum ^10.20 with the F&F Railcard.

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 14:59:57 by James158 » Logged
Chris from Nailsea
Administrator

I am not railway staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 21:07:30 »

To avoid duplication of topics, I've merged all three posts into this topic, in the Diary.

Please, James158, do not post any item more than once - it's much better to select one appropriate board (such as in the Diary, or the Calendar) and just post it there, for clarity.

Thanks,

C.  Lips sealed

William Huskisson MP (Member of Parliament) was the first person to be killed by a train while crossing the tracks, in 1830.  Many more have died in the same way since then.  Don't take a chance: stop, look, listen.

"Level crossings are safe, unless they are used in an unsafe manner."  Discuss.
devon_metro

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 21:13:30 »

I might actually go this year, been working the last few years.
Brucey
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 16:26:51 »

Saw this show a few years ago.  A brilliant show, especially as it is free.  We watched whilst sitting on the sea wall between Dawlish and Dawlish Warren.  Well worth visiting if you are in the area on the day.
James158

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 14:52:31 »

I might actually go this year, been working the last few years.

You should. You will really enjoy it.
James158

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 14:56:15 »

Saw this show a few years ago.  A brilliant show, especially as it is free.  We watched whilst sitting on the sea wall between Dawlish and Dawlish Warren.  Well worth visiting if you are in the area on the day.

Yes, the views on the sea wall are fantastic. The only problem is the sea wall gets packed and may you may fall off as there is no barricade separating the wall and the beach. Me and my mum shall be getting our advance tickets asap.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 15:01:29 by James158 » Logged
James158

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 15:00:43 »

To avoid duplication of topics, I've merged all three posts into this topic, in the Diary.

Please, James158, do not post any item more than once - it's much better to select one appropriate board (such as in the Diary, or the Calendar) and just post it there, for clarity.

Thanks,

C.  Lips sealed

I have now deleted the other 2 posts. I do not know how that happened, sorry about that.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 21:49:08 by James158 » Logged
159jim

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 17:24:20 »

Dosent this go on from 14/08 til 21/08?
John R

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 17:43:23 »

Would you be related to James158 by any chance?
devon_metro

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 18:05:38 »

That would be Dawlish Carnival, the airshow is one day.
James158

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2010, 00:39:23 »

Would you be related to James158 by any chance?

No 159James is not related to me. I have no idea to why he chose a similar name to mine.
James158

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2010, 00:40:18 »

The Dawlish Airshow takes place on Thursday 19th August 2010 only. The carnival takes place every other day. The carnival parade does not take place on Thursday 19th August 2010.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 01:16:03 by James158 » Logged
inspector_blakey

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2010, 01:01:33 »

No 159James is not related to me. I have no idea to why he chose a similar name to mine.

He got there first  Wink Registered since August 2008.

By the way, James158 I know you're only trying to make a point but please can you edit the post above to make it look less like shouting? It doesn't come across as very polite. Thanks.
James158

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2010, 01:17:35 »

He got there first  Wink Registered since August 2008.

By the way, James158 I know you're only trying to make a point but please can you edit the post above to make it look less like shouting? It doesn't come across as very polite. Thanks.

What do you mean it is not polite. It doesn't look like I am shouting. I am just trying to make it look clearer and less complicated to read. I have edited the post anyway for you. Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 01:29:49 by James158 » Logged
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2010, 05:33:58 »

Hi, James ... I'm posting to say "welcome to the Coffee Shop" with your first post here - I know that you've been a member for quite a while, and that it can take quite a bit of courage to make a first post - especially amongst well established and boisterous other members.  I hope you're going to post further and help us move other threads forward.

A note to regular posters, confirming Inspector Blakey's post, and explaining a little further.

As a board standard, we do not allow multiple signups under different names from the same individual. Reasons include (but are not limited to) the fact that it would confuse and mislead other members.   And this is something we're fairly strong on, too.  But having said that, it's not exactly easy to be sure about new sign up requests and at times the odd one may creep under the radar, sometimes to raise suspicions later and be found out.

Should you as a member think that two accounts may be being run by the same person, please mention your suspicions to a moderator or administrator.  In many cases, you'll find that we come back to confirm to you that we're fairly sure we have separate people with similar names / posting habits ... but please ask, never the less - you are our eyes and ears, and it may well be that on occasions you're providing a direction for us to look at that we hadn't considered, or helping us to resolve a possible double identity.

The name "James" or "Jim" is quite widely used in this part of the UK (United Kingdom).   And it's not uncommon for a certain genre of member to add in their favourite loco or stock number to their "handle".   So there's only a small co-incidence that we have apparently unrelated James158 and 159James here. I'll never say "never" ... but I would be gobsmacked if they turn out to be the same person.

By the way - I'm the "Graham Ellis" from Melksham.   I would welcome the BBC» (British Broadcasting Corporation - home page) producer "Graham Ellis", Graham Ellis the rocket scientist from Brighton (who would have just cause to grumble about the number of FGW (First Great Western) short trains and trains not running the full route on services to that place).  The Graham Ellis from the University of Galway, a distinguished academic, would also be welcome although I suspect he has other things to do than post about train services in an area with which I don't think he has any connection. And there are 000s more of us!

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: