Train RunningCancelled
19:18 London Paddington to Swansea
22:18 London Paddington to Oxford
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 19, 2024, 22:13:07 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[294] Rail to refuge / Travel to refuge
[103] Somerset and Dorset Devonshire Tunnel flood
[61] Rail delay compensation payments hit £100 million
[54] Problems with the Night Riviera sleeper - December 2014 onward...
[26] Difficult to argue with e-bike/scooter rules?
[25] Signage - not making it easy ...

News: the Great Western Coffee Shop ... keeping you up to date with travel around the South West

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm Running The Bristol Half Marathon - To Support Help For Heroes!  (Read 4501 times)
Shazz

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2010, 22:39:34 »

So, it's been a long time since I last posted here... Wink

I've set my self the ambitious target of raising ^1,310 for H4H. This is ^100 for every mile I^ll be running in the Bristol Half Marathon! I've setup a page on JustGiving for any of you guys who'd like to donate to this worthy cause! Richard Shirley is fundraising for Help for Heroes - JustGiving Smiley

What is H4H all about? It^s about the blokes, our men and women of the Armed Forces. It^s about Derek, a rugby player who has lost both his legs, it's about Carl whose jaw is wired up so he has been drinking through a straw. It^s about Richard who was handed a mobile phone as he laid on the stretcher so he could say goodbye to his wife. It is about Ben, it^s about Steven and Andy and Mark, it^s about them all. They are just blokes but they are our blokes; they are our heroes. I want to help our heroes.

This is where you guys come in! Help 4 Heroes have already raised ^20,000,000 to build a new state of the art network of Army Recovery Centres. However, H4H has pledged to raise another ^20,000,000 to support our injured troop^s pathway towards recovery. The Recovery Pathway is all about making the most of each person^s potential. It is not about what they can^t do but it is about what he or she can. Everyone on the path therefore will be assessed as to their potential and ambition and then helped to achieve of their best.

This is a big target and I need the help of a lot of people to achieve this goal, so I ask you to dig deep and donate now. 100% of your donation (128% if you tick the Gift Aid box) will go to the Help for Heroes Charity. Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Once you donate, they^ll send your money directly to the charity and make sure Gift Aid is reclaimed on every eligible donation by a UK (United Kingdom) taxpayer.

Thanks for stopping by and PLEASE make your donation NOW, every pound raised makes a real difference! 

P.S. If you want to keep track of my progress, I'll try and update this thread and my facebook group regularly! I've also got a bit of a blog on the go! Cheesy
Chris from Nailsea
Administrator

I am not railway staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 22:49:39 »

Blimey!  Hello again, Shazz!  Shocked

Just for the record: while we are generally wary about accepting any 'advertising' posts on the Coffee Shop forum (see the forum agreement), I'm happy that this one is a valid exception to that particular rule.

Chris.

William Huskisson MP (Member of Parliament) was the first person to be killed by a train while crossing the tracks, in 1830.  Many more have died in the same way since then.  Don't take a chance: stop, look, listen.

"Level crossings are safe, unless they are used in an unsafe manner."  Discuss.
Shazz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 07:07:36 »

Blimey!  Hello again, Shazz!  Shocked

Just for the record: while we are generally wary about accepting any 'advertising' posts on the Coffee Shop forum (see the forum agreement), I'm happy that this one is a valid exception to that particular rule.

Chris.

I hope so to, as it's something that I'm definitely doing!
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: