17:27 Cardiff Central to Portsmouth Harbour
18:15 Penzance to Exeter St Davids
18:27 Cardiff Central to Portsmouth Harbour
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 27, 2024, 19:13:43 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[86] Labour to nationalise railways within five years of coming to ...
[44] access for all at Devon stations report
[28] Who we are - the people behind firstgreatwestern.info
[10] Bonaparte's at Bristol Temple Meads
[1] Lack of rolling stock due to attacks on shipping in the Red Se...
[1] Cornish delays

News: the Great Western Coffee Shop ... keeping you up to date with travel around the South West

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Email Address for senior managers  (Read 18973 times)
heron

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2010, 15:25:33 »

Does anyone have an email address for A Haines or amy other senior managers at FGW (First Great Western), have a serious complaint that I feel may get brushed under the carpet if I go through the normal channels.
Happy for it to be PM`d if appropriate
devon_metro

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 15:32:08 »

forename.surname @ firstgroup.com

Andrew Haines no longer works for FGW (First Great Western), Mark Hopwood is the MD.
inspector_blakey

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 16:30:30 »

You'd be well advised to go through the "official channels", i.e. FGW (First Great Western) customer relations, in the first instance. If that doesn't get you any joy, then you might consider an appeal complaint to Passenger Focus or a more direct approach at that point.

Bear in mind that the senior managers at FGW are likely to get all sorts of grievances, gripes and complaints landing in their email every day, and I would bet that these are intercepted and sent off to customer relations rather than being dealt with by the person you emailed.
Chris from Nailsea
Administrator

I am not railway staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 17:40:26 »

Welcome to the Coffee Shop forum, heron!  Smiley

I'd also suggest that you contact FGW (First Great Western) customer services initially: if you're not satisfied with their response, then you can escalate it.

William Huskisson MP (Member of Parliament) was the first person to be killed by a train while crossing the tracks, in 1830.  Many more have died in the same way since then.  Don't take a chance: stop, look, listen.

"Level crossings are safe, unless they are used in an unsafe manner."  Discuss.
smithy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 18:18:02 »

agree with the above posts emailing any director/senior manager will probably prove pointless as they more than likely have them redirected to spam/tras folders or the customer relations.

also andrew haines is no longer with the company mark hopwood took over his position.

just out of interest are you able to share your complaint on here?
matt473

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 20:11:02 »

May also be useful to attend a meet the manager session if any are held near you in the future
Phil
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 20:31:44 »

May also be useful to attend a meet the manager session if any are held near you in the future

I'd love to meet Melksham's station manager. I really would.

I'd invite him to meet me on the platform at Melksham at any time on a weekday between 8am and 6pm and then photograph him turning up by car....
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 21:34:48 »

Like Chris, I would suggest "normal channels" first.  If you feel that your complaint has indeed been brushed under the carpet as you anicipate (or if you feel it's taking an inordinate time to get an answer), you'll then be in a very much stronger position if you (have to) get in touch with a senior manager.

I've have been agreeably surprised by the time and trouble First Great Western managers over the years have gone to to reply to letters written to them on substantive issues - I know both of the two predecessors of the current MD took great care and a great pride in answering or in getting an answer through to me.  It's become harder for me to comment on how general letters "out of the blue" are handled these days, as messages from me might be recognised as being from a known person even as they land in an inbox, and will certainly refer to existing discussions within.

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
Super Guard

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 21:45:40 »

Not FGW (First Great Western), but I had a billing "issue" with BT that their "World-wide" call centres could not grasp or deal with, so I blasted an email off to Ian Livingston, top-dog at BT.  I had a very quick reply from his PA (Public Address) saying she would forward it to their Higher Level Complaints asap (coincidently in Swindon Cheesy) and the matter was shortly resolved.  While I don't think FGW has "higher level complaints" I concur that initially try Customer Services, but if that brings no joy, keep going up the ladder until you get a response that appeases your concerns.

Any opinions made on this forum are purely personal and my own.  I am in no way speaking for, or offering the views of First Great Western or First Group.

If my employer feels I have broken any aspect of the Social Media Policy, please PM me immediately, so I can rectify without delay.
Ollie
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 00:31:21 »

While I don't think FGW (First Great Western) has "higher level complaints" I concur that initially try Customer Services, but if that brings no joy, keep going up the ladder until you get a response that appeases your concerns.
We do in some respect, we have a team that will deal with complex cases. So it is similar to the "higher level complaints"
thetrout

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2010, 11:32:30 »

Not FGW (First Great Western), but I had a billing "issue" with BT that their "World-wide" call centres could not grasp or deal with, so I blasted an email off to Ian Livingston, top-dog at BT.  I had a very quick reply from his PA (Public Address) saying she would forward it to their Higher Level Complaints asap (coincidently in Swindon Cheesy) and the matter was shortly resolved.  While I don't think FGW has "higher level complaints" I concur that initially try Customer Services, but if that brings no joy, keep going up the ladder until you get a response that appeases your concerns.

DON'T even get me started on BT's Far East Call Centre's billing department... Angry Angry I could not make them understand that I had 2 direct debits going out of my current account to the same account on there systems... So I cancelled them both and set one up again, week later, large bill comes through the post for an account number i didn't recognise... Shocked Well it turned out they were still charging me for a service at my previous address Angry Some little escapade that went on for 6 months and I am still trying to resolve... One of my friends suggests (and works for) that I report the matter to OfCom Roll Eyes

Rant over... I'm sorry... But just seeing the letters BT makes my blood boil...! Angry

Grin Grin Grin Grin
TerminalJunkie

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2010, 15:57:22 »

Rant over... I'm sorry... But just seeing the letters BT makes my blood boil...! Angry

Quite outrageous. Simply appalling. Et cetera. Grin

Daily Mail and Daily Express readers please click here.
inspector_blakey

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2010, 20:05:20 »

Just be grateful you weren't dealing with NTL (or ntl: as they liked to write it) circa 2004. I think in the course of one phone call (which took more than 2 hours) I spoke to ten people, none of whom were able to render any kind of assistance at all... I'm not going to go off on one here, but since then even BT silliness has seemed like bliss in comparison.
JayMac
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2010, 01:38:24 »

I'll echo the thoughts of previous posters to this thread. I go through the usual channels when commenting on FGW (First Great Western) services, and have always been happy with the responses, although the time taken to respond does miff me occasionally.

The one time I went straight to the organ grinder (James Burt, Customer Service Director- no longer in FGW employ), with a specific complaint, I was pleasantly surprised at the personal attention I got - a personal call, and a prolonged chat helped resolve the issues I'd raised.

In summary, go through the proper channels, but if you feel that you are getting nowhere, then a good old fashioned letter to FGW towers in Swindon can yield a suitable resolution.

"Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the rest of the day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Sir Terry Pratchett.
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: