I need help
FAQ
Emergency
About .
Travel & transport from BBC stories as at 23:35 28 Mar 2024
- Bus plunges off South Africa bridge, killing 45
- Easter getaways hit by travel disruption
- Where Baltimore bridge investigation goes now
- How do I renew my UK passport and what is the 10-year rule?
- Easter travel warning as millions set to hit roads
Read about the forum [here].
Register [here] - it's free.
What do I gain from registering? [here]
 02/06/24 - Summer Timetable starts
17/08/24 - Bus to Imber
27/09/25 - 200 years of passenger trains

On this day
28th Mar (1992)
MOD Kineton tour, branch line society (*)

Train RunningCancelled
22:30 Gatwick Airport to Reading
Short Run
21:04 London Paddington to Plymouth
23:04 Reading to Bedwyn
23:17 Bedwyn to Reading
Delayed
21:45 Penzance to London Paddington
23:45 London Paddington to Penzance
PollsOpen and recent polls
Closed 2024-03-25 Easter Escape - to where?
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
March 28, 2024, 23:49:18 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[98] West Wiltshire Bus Changes April 2024
[97] would you like your own LIVE train station departure board?
[86] Return of the BRUTE?
[74] Infrastructure problems in Thames Valley causing disruption el...
[53] If not HS2 to Manchester, how will traffic be carried?
[23] Reversing Beeching - bring heritage and freight lines into the...

News: the Great Western Coffee Shop ... keeping you up to date with travel around the South West

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Heathrow Express: Music  (Read 33689 times)
standclearplease

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2010, 14:26:41 »

There is a song that plays on the Heathrow Express after they've shown the Sky News bulletin.. with pictures of countryside scenes. Can anyone name it? Sort of has a orchestral tone.

Cheers  Grin
SDS

Badgerline

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 16:36:02 »

Never travel on HEX, sorry. Ollie?

I do not work for FGW (First Great Western) and posts should not be assumed and do not imply they are statements, unless explicitly stated that they are, from any TOC (Train Operating Company) including First Great Western.
TerminalJunkie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 16:57:45 »

Google suggests this:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Libera-Robert-Prizeman/dp/B00002DDVU

Daily Mail and Daily Express readers please click here.
Chris from Nailsea
Administrator

I am not railway staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 17:37:46 »

The Libera website includes some sample tracks, in case that helps.

CfN.  Wink

William Huskisson MP (Member of Parliament) was the first person to be killed by a train while crossing the tracks, in 1830.  Many more have died in the same way since then.  Don't take a chance: stop, look, listen.

"Level crossings are safe, unless they are used in an unsafe manner."  Discuss.
standclearplease

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 17:55:57 »

Thanks both of you.. had actually searched that and found it before I posted it; can't unfortunately find the track I've heard before, which seems to be the only song that plays.

Shall have to get on and email them, or alternatively wait until my next trip on-board to use my iPhone song recognition software..
inspector_blakey

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 18:31:08 »

Shall have to get on and email them

Huh

I'm sure their customer service people will put that enquiry straight on the high-priority list. Are you sure it's not just some kind of generic orchestral "wallpaper" that's been written for the purpose and won't be available anywhere else? Or possibly something that's based on a classical piece but has been heavily modified, like the many variations on Delibes' "Flower Duet" you'll hear in the course of taking a BA» (British Airways - about) flight?
standclearplease

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 19:23:52 »

I was simply curious to find its origins and or name as its a particularly pleasant piece of music.. I'm sure I'll establish this shortly, and indeed find out whether it's their own piece or something I can download. Besides, among the monotonous customer service enquiries they probably receive, I'm sure a request for a song that appears among their onboard programming isn't pushing it too far.  Grin

Ollie
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2010, 20:58:06 »

I'm sorry travelled on HEX several times, but don't know what the song is that gets played. Your idea is good though, either ask customer services - as, well - someone is bound to know!
standclearplease

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 23:00:41 »

Did find this, although I'm not convinced it's the same but it's very similar..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQaR3mUhy6k
standclearplease

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 15:36:19 »

Just had a useful email back from Heathrow Express, turns out they're pieces composed by either Richard Harvey/Sandy McLelland or Paul Reeves; licensed from West One Music.

And I found them:

Called "Around The Sun" and "Height Of Achievement".

http://www.westonemusic.com/album?catno=WOM_WOM_0124#

Annoying obsession now over..
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 16:05:04 by standclearplease » Logged
resurgance2001

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2015, 22:39:29 »

I don't know if anyone will pick this up.  I was interested in this topic because there was another piece of music that I used to hear while traveling the Heathrow Express around 2005/2007.   That piece of music accompanied a video which showed a lot of speeded up
time lapse photography from different parts of the world.

Does anyone happen to know what the piece of music was or how I could find out?

Thanks in advance

Peter
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2015, 05:20:11 »

I don't know if anyone will pick this up.

Does anyone happen to know what the piece of music was or how I could find out?

I'll pick it up enough to say "welcome to the forum", Peter ... but on the music side, I'm not the one for you.

I suspect this is going to be one of the trickier questions to get an answer for, but you never know.  A very nice email to the Hex team might find a well established person there who knows or who is interested in doing the research to find out for you - there are people out there enthusiastic for their role who like a bit of positive engagement for a change!

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
resurgance2001

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2015, 19:48:13 »

Thanks for the welcome.

Well I actually followed the advice which was given earlier to the original poster of the question, and sent an inquiry to the company that runs the Heathrow express.

Three or fours days later I got a very polite reply telling me that the music had all come from one album called "Earth Grooves"

The gentleman provided a youtube link with his reply.  Very nice and I now find a whole bunch of interesting videos connected to this.

So job done! cheers. Pete
Chris from Nailsea
Administrator

I am not railway staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2015, 20:11:17 »

Many thanks for that update, Pete.  Smiley

I've done a quick bit of digging on youtube, and this seems to be a good place to start: Earth Grooves Vol. 1 (EarthTV Soundtrack)  Wink

William Huskisson MP (Member of Parliament) was the first person to be killed by a train while crossing the tracks, in 1830.  Many more have died in the same way since then.  Don't take a chance: stop, look, listen.

"Level crossings are safe, unless they are used in an unsafe manner."  Discuss.
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: