Train GraphicClick on the map to explore geographics

I need help
FAQ
Emergency
About .
Travel & transport from BBC stories as at 21:15 25 Apr 2024
- Will Labour’s renationalisation plan make train tickets cheaper?
- Will Labour’s plan make train tickets cheaper?
- Labour pledges to renationalise most rail services
Read about the forum [here].
Register [here] - it's free.
What do I gain from registering? [here]
 02/06/24 - Summer Timetable starts
17/08/24 - Bus to Imber
27/09/25 - 200 years of passenger trains

No 'On This Day' events reported for 25th Apr

Train RunningNo cancellations or delays
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 25, 2024, 21:19:43 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[263] Labour to nationalise railways within five years of coming to ...
[49] access for all at Devon stations report
[47] Lack of rolling stock due to attacks on shipping in the Red Se...
[32] Cornish delays
[30] Theft from Severn Valley Railway
[17] Where have I been?

News: A forum for passengers ... with input from rail professionals welcomed too

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Season's Greetings  (Read 9381 times)
JayMac
Data Manager

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2010, 22:37:46 »

I'd like to wish all members of the First Great Western Coffee Shop forum a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

A special seasonal thank-you also to all First Great Western staff for your sterling work, occasionally in trying circumstances, over the last 12 months.

Here's to a successful and prosperous 2011.

Peace and goodwill,

Justin McAree (aka bignosemac)

"Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the rest of the day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Sir Terry Pratchett.
Mookiemoo

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 06:39:13 »

Here here

The only time I've been seriously let down by public transport was a plane!!!!!  I gripe about what a lot would consider insignificant simply because - I think - there is nithin else to gripe about and i'm British - so we have to gripe!!!!

Carol Jones (aka Mookiemoo)

Ditched former sig - now I need to think of something amusing - brain hurts -I'll steal from the master himself - Einstein:

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love"
Tim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 09:22:11 »

Happy Christmas everyone.  Thanks for an interesting year of posting, and to everyone working on the railways - thanks for your hard work and remember to keep warm.

Tim
Electric train
Transport Scholar

The future is 25000 Volts AC 750V DC has its place

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 09:45:37 »

Merry Christmas to all, especially to colleges and anyone else who will be working over Christmas

Oh and the guys n girls working at Reading don't drop the new bridge its an expensive present from Santa.

We also see the decommissioning of Reading Panel Signal Box which has been in service since April 1965 this web site has not been updated for a few years now but does give some good history http://www.readingpsb.org/

Starship just experienced what we call a rapid unscheduled disassembly, or a RUD, during ascent,”
Brucey
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 09:55:43 »

Merry Christmas to all Coffee Shop members and FGW (First Great Western) staff.

This year has been pretty good for me when it comes to FGW.  The main problem I faced in Q1 and Q2 was arriving ticketless at Temple Meads.  This didn't seem to be a problem later in the year when it appeared additional ATEs were in place and guards were working their socks off trying to sell tickets. Smiley

Customer service has improved remarkably in the last year.  Many more announcements on the train (useful ones), staff friendlier and more ticket checks in place.

This may be my last Christmas in FGW-land, so I'll have to make the most of it! Grin
thetrout

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 11:43:32 »

Merry Christmas and a fab New Year to everyone on The Coffee Shop and all the staff at FGW (First Great Western) Wink Grin

Despite a few rants this year, I am fairly impressed with the service I have received this past year. Long may it continue into 2011 and beyond Wink Grin

Regards,

Dominic (aka thetrout)

Grin Grin Grin Grin
James Vertigan

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2010, 18:44:14 »

A very Happy Christmas and all the best for 2011 from James Vertigan, aka... err... James Vertigan! - FGW (First Great Western)'s unofficial customer representative for Acton Main Line and part time unofficial customer representative for Tiverton Parkway!
Lee
Transport Scholar

GBR - The Emperor's New Rail Network

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2010, 20:52:49 »

Happy Christmas and a prosperous New Year to you all  Smiley

Lee

Vous devez être impitoyable, parce que ces gens sont des salauds - https://looka.com/s/78722877
Chris from Nailsea
Administrator

I am not railway staff

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2010, 22:29:21 »

Seasonal greetings, best wishes and all that, from me, too!  Cheesy

Thanks, everyone, for another very interesting year of posting on the forum - and here's to more of the same, hopefully, in 2011!

Regards,

Chris from Nailsea.  Wink Cheesy Grin

William Huskisson MP (Member of Parliament) was the first person to be killed by a train while crossing the tracks, in 1830.  Many more have died in the same way since then.  Don't take a chance: stop, look, listen.

"Level crossings are safe, unless they are used in an unsafe manner."  Discuss.
johoare

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2010, 00:01:02 »

Happy Christmas!!  Grin
Ollie
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2010, 01:45:44 »

And a Happy Christmas from me Smiley
Phil
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2010, 07:32:35 »

And from me, a very very happy Christmas day to you all
matt473

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2010, 14:30:14 »

Happy few days off work everyone  Grin

(Apart from mugs like me who have to work)
brompton rail

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2010, 18:34:10 »

Happy Christmas ........ And very best wishes for 2011 to all on First Great Western Coffee Shop!

Martin Bright ( more Rail than Brompton in the current weather! )

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2010, 19:55:00 »

Happy Christmas ........ And very best wishes for 2011 to all on First Great Western Coffee Shop!

Martin Bright ( more Rail than Brompton in the current weather! )

merry xmas all

Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: