Train GraphicClick on the map to explore geographics

I need help
FAQ
Emergency
About .
Travel & transport from BBC stories as at 17:55 25 Apr 2024
- Will Labour’s renationalisation plan make train tickets cheaper?
- Will Labour’s plan make train tickets cheaper?
* Labour pledges to renationalise most rail services
Read about the forum [here].
Register [here] - it's free.
What do I gain from registering? [here]
 02/06/24 - Summer Timetable starts
17/08/24 - Bus to Imber
27/09/25 - 200 years of passenger trains

No 'On This Day' events reported for 25th Apr

Train RunningShort Run
16:31 Barnstaple to Axminster
Delayed
17:57 Reading to Basingstoke
18:37 Basingstoke to Reading
PollsThere are no open or recent polls
Abbreviation pageAcronymns and abbreviations
Stn ComparatorStation Comparator
Rail newsNews Now - live rail news feed
Site Style 1 2 3 4
Next departures • Bristol Temple MeadsBath SpaChippenhamSwindonDidcot ParkwayReadingLondon PaddingtonMelksham
Exeter St DavidsTauntonWestburyTrowbridgeBristol ParkwayCardiff CentralOxfordCheltenham SpaBirmingham New Street
April 25, 2024, 18:00:34 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Forgotten your username or password? - get a reminder
Most recently liked subjects
[280] Labour to nationalise railways within five years of coming to ...
[77] Lack of rolling stock due to attacks on shipping in the Red Se...
[53] Cornish delays
[50] Theft from Severn Valley Railway
[28] Where have I been?
[27] 2024 - Service update and amendment log, Swindon <-> Westbury...

News: the Great Western Coffee Shop ... keeping you up to date with travel around the South West

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Maidenhead station - car parking issues - ongoing discussion  (Read 106903 times)
JayMac
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2012, 22:52:17 »

If it is a private road then I'd still suggest the local authority as the first port of call. They should be able to tell you who is responsible for the road.

Although if ownership is somewhat convoluted then by the time you find out the water may have receded anyway!  Tongue

"Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the rest of the day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Sir Terry Pratchett.
johoare

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2012, 22:59:44 »

I've now emailed RBWM and also Apcoa as to be honest it must be affecting their revenue.. Once it floods it is like it for days/weeks currently... I will see who replies...

The water did used to recede quite quickly when there was a lot of business traffic going in and out at all times of the day but now that crossrail have moved them all out, there is little other than car park traffic which is a lot less and so the water just sits there and no one seems bothered...

My daughter however needs to park at the station late morning tomorrow so she can get the train to work and she won't be able to because of this...  Undecided

JayMac
Data Manager

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2012, 23:09:46 »

Without wishing to make too much light of the situation, perhaps your daughter should consider investing in some of these:

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/svendsen-rt-nylon-wader-p145751?utm_source=google&utm_medium=SEO (Search Engine Optimisation - )+product+search

That of course is only if the vehicle used is of a suitable ride height to get through to the car park in the first place.

Edit: And I've resisted the temptation to add RBWM to the forum's Acronyms/Abbreviations page. (Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead)

Tongue Wink Grin
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 23:18:43 by bignosemac » Logged

"Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the rest of the day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Sir Terry Pratchett.
adc82140

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2012, 17:31:08 »

meh, I think the only response you'll get from APCOA (Car parking company used at GWR (Great Western Railway) - controlled stations in the area) is 'we're sorry your appeal has not been successful'. I think that's their standard reply. Seriously I once emailed them to tell them they had a missing bulb in a street light, and that's what I got
paul7575
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2012, 17:54:36 »

meh,...

What does that actually mean (please)?

Paul
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 18:01:47 by paul7755 » Logged
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2012, 18:14:03 »

meh,...

What does that actually mean (please)?

Paul

http://www.internetslang.com/MEH-meaning-definition.asp

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
paul7575
Transport Scholar

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2012, 18:28:55 »

I see.  So if it really means 'indifference' why add it to the front of a detailed answer?

It seems perhaps those who've defined it expect stand alone use of the word...   Grin

Paul
adc82140

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2012, 20:50:29 »

It was intended to be a "tbh", but the predicitve text on my phone must have had other ideas.  I guess I use "meh" quite a lot when texting, so it's quite high up in the phone's dictionary.

johoare

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2012, 20:51:07 »

No reply from Apcoa so far but the council have told me that Network Rail maintain that road.. So, since the water isn't going away, I shall contact them next.. The only change today was that someone has put a cone in the middle of the water... And thanks bignosemac  Grin but I've only got a small car and won't risk taking it through the deep water..

I am still interested to know if there is any policing of the yellow lines on that road now we know it's owned by Network rail though..

And yeah sorry about the RBWM.. It was late and it seemed like hard work typing the whole name in  Roll Eyes
Electric train
Transport Scholar

The future is 25000 Volts AC 750V DC has its place

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2012, 21:30:49 »

I am still interested to know if there is any policing of the yellow lines on that road now we know it's owned by Network rail though..

Network Rail do have powers to issue tickets they would get BTP (British Transport Police) to do it or may have an agreement with the Local Authority to issue them on NR» (Network Rail - home page) behalf.

Starship just experienced what we call a rapid unscheduled disassembly, or a RUD, during ascent,”
johoare

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2012, 21:52:26 »

Aah cool thank you.. I wasn't going to try parking on the yellow lines (once we can get through the flood that is).. I was just interested...
johoare

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2012, 21:43:21 »

Still flooded.. No reply from Network Rail or Apcoa....
johoare

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2012, 20:11:27 »

Ditto today re flood, lack of response.. if my pc hadn't decided to delete everything on there (including those e-mails I'd sent) then I could chase them up.. ho hum.. The water seemed higher today even though it's not rained too much the last few days..

Any ideas of what to do next from anyone?
grahame
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2012, 20:59:08 »

Any ideas of what to do next from anyone?

Replace your car with one of these? http://www.flickr.com/photos/alancookson/4636309241/

Phone call to Passenger Focus?

Coffee Shop Admin, Acting Chair of Melksham Rail User Group, Option 24/7 Melksham Rep
johoare

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2012, 23:24:35 »

Thanks Grahame.. I am thinking that the local newspaper might be happy to take this challenge on.. I will try and find time to contact them tomorrow and see what they say..

And yep..maybe someone should run a shuttle service into the car park on one of those duck buses ..mind you then I'd have to park on the yellow lines on the entrance road.. sigh... Roll Eyes Grin
Do you have something you would like to add to this thread, or would you like to raise a new question at the Coffee Shop? Please [register] (it is free) if you have not done so before, or login (at the top of this page) if you already have an account - we would love to read what you have to say!

You can find out more about how this forum works [here] - that will link you to a copy of the forum agreement that you can read before you join, and tell you very much more about how we operate. We are an independent forum, provided and run by customers of Great Western Railway, for customers of Great Western Railway and we welcome railway professionals as members too, in either a personal or official capacity. Views expressed in posts are not necessarily the views of the operators of the forum.

As well as posting messages onto existing threads, and starting new subjects, members can communicate with each other through personal messages if they wish. And once members have made a certain number of posts, they will automatically be admitted to the "frequent posters club", where subjects not-for-public-domain are discussed; anything from the occasional rant to meetups we may be having ...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: